It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scary thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i just had an idea and it was scary. when voting begins what if the terrorist decide to start suicide bombing the places were we vote at. imagen the impact on the election. i bet people would stop voting in fear for their lifes.

what do you think

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yeah, but I'd imagine there will be tight security at the polling stations this time.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The scary part is that you would not know if it was the terrorists or your own government doing it.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ermm...its a scary thought, but i do not think that this would ever happen. The security would be very tight and plans are probably being completed now so that an attack can be blocked.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It would make no difference to me. I would still vote and would hope that others will to. For people (who actually do take the time to vote) to allow the terrorists to deter them from voting is giving into theses madmen!
We should all take the time to vote and show them (and the world) that no matter what, we will continue to be who and what we are.
Sorry, for the run on but, I sincerely hope that we do not fold to these terrorists just like Spain did.
And yes, before anyone brings it up, I did know one of the victims of the train bombings.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Frankly, I remain unconvinced that "security would be very tight". There are simply not enough resources to protect voting locations throughout the US.

If attacks happen, it *WILL* affect the outcome of voter turnout. The subsequent chaos on the election's legitimacy will make the last election dispute look like a mere squabble.

Hold on to your seats folks, these may be very dark times.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshiro
It would make no difference to me. I would still vote and would hope that others will to. For people (who actually do take the time to vote) to allow the terrorists to deter them from voting is giving into theses madmen!
We should all take the time to vote and show them (and the world) that no matter what, we will continue to be who and what we are.
Sorry, for the run on but, I sincerely hope that we do not fold to these terrorists just like Spain did.
And yes, before anyone brings it up, I did know one of the victims of the train bombings.

keep the positive attitude.

and for security, perhaps they could have you vote online.

just an idea,buy there are major flaws in that too. (hackers, ect.)

another thing, is that we should stop always looking at the biggest things, and search around for the smaller things.

what I mean by that, is look at new york.

I dont seee sprawling neighbourhoods. I see apartments.

There is a large juicy target right there...

There is hardly anywhere that is safe these days...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I doubt we'd get attacked here, i live out in the country with a town population of 9100.
it's big cities like nyc that i would feel uncomfortable about

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I dont know how things work in the USA, but in Portugal, if something delays a election in some voting location in the election day or in the 3 days before, the election takes place 1 week after in that location, and if something delays the election again, then 2 more weeks later the election takes place. After that, if the situation continues that location is discarder from the total results.

PS:I dont think the spanish felt threatened by the bombings, they live with real terrorism, not just threats, for 40 years.

top topics

join