It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when the US Army invaded China? Don't remember marching on Beijing? I do.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
3.500 troops out of 55000 is not what i would call an american invasion

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by muzzleflash

Wow you remember that? You must be pretty old. it was over a 100 years ago. Oh also your memory is going too. because At the time China was in a civil war. And one of the sides decided to massacre a city. It was called the Raping of Nanking or how ever you spell it. Your entire thread is deceptive and historically inaccurate. but comically wow look at all the stars you have. Why am I not surprised. It was an expedition to save the Chinese. That China requested!

The dead Chinese were mostly from other Chinese. The communists. But I'm sure you will say that the history books lied because you were there. it is true that the US 4th Marines and the Imperial Japanese army, the Italian marines stayed there for like 30 years. It was supposed to be to protect the Chinese which the united states did until they were moved to the Phillipeans to try and thwart to the Imperial Japanese invasion. Now that was a massacre.

Thanks for a sensible post. I have noticed a lot of anti-American sentiment here lately. Is it the Osama raid that has everyone screaming about American Imperialism? Remember, we were the good guys in WWII and rebuilt Europe with our tax dollars. WWI wasn't even our war but somehow we got dragged in. Oh, let's not forget the Balfour Agreement which pretty much was a Rothschild set up to begin with and was to get us into the war.
Frankly I never heard of this war and I never skipped classes. TPTB are good at deception and revisionist history, but I tend to believe your version, as it exposes the communist side of things. The Communist Revolution was kicking up pretty good at the turn of the century. Here's a bit of news, communist Russia was on our side in the war against Hitler and Gen Patton knew they were not to be trusted. So does that mean that the Cuban Missile crisis was not for real? Maybe the commies who want us to look bad would say it was all our fault Russia was putting nukes in Cuba pointed at Florida.
I tried the link provided for the OP too and nothing opened. I wonder if the people who jumped on this bandwagon are crying over the communist Chinese invasion of Tibet and the destruction of the Buddhist temples there. Remember when the commie Hollywood crowd made Richard Gere apologize for his comment about the Red Chinese at one of their self-congratulatory fests?
Yes, there is a ton of revisionist history out there but it's usually designed to make us look the other way on the Bush and Harriman family support of Hitler and the Rockefeller support of the Bolsheviks.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Don't know what state you live in, but we learned about this in school and I'm in Louisiana.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
May want to look at Major General Smedley D. Butler's "War is a Racket", this is another example of American Imperialism used to infiltrate other nations to promote American corporate interests.

They also made a movie that used the boxer rebellion as a background, starring Steve McQueen, The Sand Pebbles (1966).

I remember this movie now, and it's the only thing I've ever seen in my lifetime that referenced this "war" or "invasion". But of course we know that Hollywood was and is rife with Reds. McCarthy was right by the way.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Wow! Great article and i was about to star and flag it until you brought the NWO angle into it.

Its simply not true. The reason the US and other countries do not publicize their actions in these wars are simple. Shame. They realize they were the aggressors in this, and do not teach it because of that. I think this should be changed, and yes, children should be taught this, as perhaps when the new generations grow up, people will learn there are times to fight for what is right, and times that war is wrong.

However, if you look in Italian textbooks, yes, indeed children there are taught this in school. I think you've veiwing this from a North American perspective, as these other countries often do teach children about these wars.

NWO indeed. If this was true, they could simply have kept on with their hegemony and divided up all of the Eastern world. Why not do that and instead turn upon each other in World War 1 and 2? I dont see the logic. And that is because the so-called NWO does not exist, as is nothing more than a pipe dream to some.

And am i the only one to laugh at you titleing this "US Army invades", when really it was a coalition and the US army played at best a support role?

edit on 10-5-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by SigmundFRAUD
The more and more threads and comments I read, it's starting to appear this is an Anti American website.

Well you and apparently many others here are focused on the "American" angle both pro and con.

In the OP Muzzle clearly laid out all those involved. So while some take it as a another opportunity to slam the US remember many have so far [for the most part] have ignored the other countries involved in the situation at the time, who were equally [if not more so] actively complicit and should share their rightful amount of critiquing of their individual involvement and guilt in the equation.

It shows soldiers standing side by side of the Alliance.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7faef86648a5.jpg[/atsimg]

Left to right: Britain, United States, Russia, British India, Germany, France, Austria-Hungary, Italy, Japan.

edit on 10-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

The pic is awesome. I especially love the British India guy with the turban. The OP forgot to mention that France at the time was occupying Tunisia, and they didn't get kicked out till the 50's.The history of Austria-Hungary is also quite fascinating.

edit on 10-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Even Wikipedia has a clear understanding of the Chinese Civil war

The Chinese Civil War was a civil war fought between the Kuomintang (KMT or Chinese Nationalist Party), the governing party of the Republic of China and the Communist Party of China (CPC),[6] for the control of China which eventually led to China's division into two Chinas, Republic of China (now commonly known as Taiwan) and People's Republic of China (Mainland China). The war began in April 1927, amidst the Northern Expedition.[7]

The war represented an ideological split between the Nationalist KMT, and the Communist CPC. In mainland China today, the last three years of the war (1947–1949) is more commonly known as the War of Liberation

Sun Yat-sen's efforts to obtain aid from the Western democracies were ignored, however, and in 1921 he turned to the Soviet Union. For political expediency, the Soviet leadership initiated a dual policy of support for both Sun and the newly established Communist Party of China, which would eventually found the People's Republic of China. Thus the struggle for power in China began between the KMT and the CPC.

In 1923, a joint statement by Sun and Soviet representative Adolph Joffe in Shanghai pledged Soviet assistance for China's unification.[11] The Sun-Joffe Manifesto was a declaration for cooperation among the Comintern, KMT and the Communist Party of China.[11] Comintern agent Mikhail Borodin arrived in China in 1923 to aid in the reorganization and consolidation of the KMT along the lines of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. The CPC joined the KMT to form the First United Front.[4]

During the 1920s, Communist Party of China activists retreated underground or to the countryside where they fomented a military revolt, beginning the Nanchang Uprising on August 1, 1927.[23] They combined the force with remnants of peasant rebels, and established control over several areas in southern China.[23] The Guangzhou commune was able to control Guangzhou for three days and a "soviet" was established.[23] KMT armies continued to suppress the rebellions.[23] This marked the beginning of the ten year's struggle, known in mainland China as the "Ten Year's Civil War" (simplified Chinese: 十年内战; pinyin: Shínían Nèizhàn). It lasted until the Xi'an Incident when Chiang Kai-shek was forced to form the Second United Front against the invading Japanese.

en.wikipedia.org...

In my view, the bigger picture here is the communist takeover of various nations.
edit on 10-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am Amazed...
I remember herring some thing about the boxer rebellion.
I thought it was a small thing with just the British.
never thought it took most of the world to take down China.
no wonder China won't nothing to do with the west.

I just notice when I use spell checker.
it gives China a big Insult!!!
it will not give china a capitol letter at the front?
try it on yours. China, china.
for all other countries it gives them a
capitol letter as part of the spell check.

I use microsoft works 2000.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Your post is not sensible at all. It's entirely inaccurate factually.

Communism did not play a major part of the Boxer Rebellion.

Let's Review :

Boxer Rebellion 1898-1901

Russian Communist Revolution 1917 link

Chinese Communist Revolution 1927-1949 link

Please learn to read. Please.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Your links do not work for me. And you think that voila, the communist Revolution happened with nothing preceding it?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The pic is awesome. I especially love the British India guy with the turban. The OP forgot to mention that France at the time was occupying Tunisia, and they didn't get kicked out till the 50's.The history of Austria-Hungary is also quite fascinating.

Please explain why I should bring up the French occupation of Tunisia (North Africa)??

What does that have to do with this?

I await your response.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It wasn't a sensible post in the slightest, he/she has made a catalogue of factual errors, ironically while having a go at someone for doing the same.

Also, if you think this is some anti-American thread then you're massively self absorbed. It is made quite clear in the OP this was an alliance of the Great Powers against China, not just the US. The title may be misleading, but becomes irrelevant when you read the OP, so quite why so many are getting their knickers in a twist over perceived Anti-Americanism is beyond me, especially when it is Muzzleflash that has posted it.

This thread is to highlight some forgotten parts of history and all you care about is America being made to look bad. Jeebus...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Your links do not work for me. And you think that voila, the communist Revolution happened with nothing preceding it?

So it's my fault you cannot use search engines or wikipedia?

There is this thing called doing your own research and providing evidence for your claims. You have done none of this.

PROVE that Communism has anything to do with the Boxers.

If you can prove it, I will admit you are right and that I was wrong. Simple.

However I seriously doubt that will come to pass.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The Communists and Nationalist rose up to fight the Warlords, who took power when the Chinese Imperial Dynasty collapsed in 1911, partly due to internal strife from foreign intervention but mostly due to internal strife caused by their own mismanagement of the country.

Good enough for ya?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

It wasn't a sensible post in the slightest, he/she has made a catalogue of factual errors, ironically while having a go at someone for doing the same.

Also, if you think this is some anti-American thread then you're massively self absorbed. It is made quite clear in the OP this was an alliance of the Great Powers against China, not just the US. The title may be misleading, but becomes irrelevant when you read the OP, so quite why so many are getting their knickers in a twist over perceived Anti-Americanism is beyond me, especially when it is Muzzleflash that has posted it.

This thread is to highlight some forgotten parts of history and all you care about is America being made to look bad. Jeebus...

I think it is because their little "perfect" view of reality is being crushed with the facts.

Cognitive Dissonance. Wiki

Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance. They do this by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and actions.[2] Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Your post is not sensible at all. It's entirely inaccurate factually.

Communism did not play a major part of the Boxer Rebellion.

Let's Review :

Boxer Rebellion 1898-1901

Russian Communist Revolution 1917 link

Chinese Communist Revolution 1927-1949 link

Please learn to read. Please.

Ah yes, this must be what you mean

in China between 1898 and 1901, opposing foreign imperialism and Christianity. The uprising took place in response to foreign "spheres of influence" in China, with grievances ranging from opium traders, political invasion, economic manipulation, to missionary evangelism. In China, popular sentiment remained resistant to foreign influences, and anger rose over the "unequal treaties" (不平等條約), which the weak Qing state could not resist. There existed growing concerns that missionaries and Chinese Christians could use this decline to their advantage, appropriating lands and property of unwilling Chinese peasants to give to the church. This sentiment resulted in violent revolts against foreign interests.

In June 1900 in Beijing, Boxer fighters threatened foreigners and forced them to seek refuge in the Legation Quarter. In response, the initially hesitant Empress Dowager Cixi, urged by the conservatives of the Imperial Court, supported the Boxers and declared war on foreign powers. Diplomats, foreign civilians and soldiers, and Chinese Christians in the Legation Quarter were under siege by the Imperial Army of China and the Boxers for 55 days.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I just notice when I use spell checker.
it gives China a big Insult!!!
it will not give china a capitol letter at the front?
try it on yours. China, china.
for all other countries it gives them a
capitol letter as part of the spell check.

I use microsoft works 2000.

That is because of "china plates". "Porcelain".
china plates wiki

Now you know why lower case china is not misspelled. It is a high quality product.

edit on 10-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The Communists and Nationalist rose up to fight the Warlords, who took power when the Chinese Imperial Dynasty collapsed in 1911, partly due to internal strife from foreign intervention but mostly due to internal strife caused by their own mismanagement of the country.

Good enough for ya?

Oh, so now you are telling me that we caused communism through imperialist motives? Give me a break. Who is buying into the lies of leftists who present things in this manner? This is really so typical of leftism.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh, so now you are telling me that we caused communism through imperialist motives? Give me a break. Who is buying into the lies of leftists who present things in this manner? This is really so typical of leftism.

Er, no. That's not what I said at all.

You said:

"And you think that voila, the communist Revolution happened with nothing preceding it?"

And I replied with the chain of events that led to the Communist Party and Chinese Nationalists forming in the 1920's, which was a response to the Warlords, which took power after the Qing Dynasty fell in 1911 as a result of various factors, including but not limited to foreign intervention in China.

Quite simple to understand, so no need to try and put words in my mouth.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I think it is because their little "perfect" view of reality is being crushed with the facts.

Cognitive Dissonance. Wiki

Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance. They do this by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and actions.[2] Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying.

The Mods will quickly begin deleting my posts if I tell you what I think of your petty attempts to present the US as an imperialist nation(typical of leftist communist sympathizing) while using personal insults throwing around terms like "cognitive dissonance" to make it sound really snazzy and smart. Another typical Alinskyite tactic. I'll change my mind about you if I run across any pro America posts by you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join