It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple qusetion-Do you feel religion started on Planet Earth? If not what does that mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Opportunism.

People saw that they could assert such a bribe on the human mind, that it would render an offer that would not be refused. A promise to truth beyond any man's knowledge. If you just "believe, and follow these rules - you will have an afterlife" - Who wouldn't refuse that?

The bribe normally in the form of the hereafter - Heaven, Reincarnation or some other metaphysical theory.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
— Christopher Hitchens

Perhaps it was an accident, perhaps it was reinforced by those who saw they had a massive lever over a group of people, perhaps it was an attempt to unify. My suspicions are that of deception.

I THINK we know better now.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I've never met an alien so i don't know

Perhaps when i have a chance to discuss the subject with said alien, i could give you an answer

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Opportunism.

As in some seen a way to use the energy to controll or minipulate and couldnt resist. Logical.

People saw that they could assert such a bribe on the human mind, that it would render an offer that would not be refused. A promise to truth beyond any man's knowledge. If you just "believe, and follow these rules - you will have an afterlife" - Who wouldn't refuse that?

This is SAD all the way around, so many misguided potentially for the sake of ignorance.

The bribe normally in the form of the hereafter - Heaven, Reincarnation or some other metaphysical theory.

I always looked at it as a gift for doing 1s best in such harsh environment. But I see how others would view it as bribe.

Perhaps it was an accident, perhaps it was reinforced by those who saw they had a massive lever over a group of people, perhaps it was an attempt to unify. My suspicions are that of deception.

I THINK we know better now.

It would be nice if it was for UNIFICATION, but as we both know many ignorant have had their hands on the movement and have changed the positive course if ment to the current ralm of KAOS we experience now. 1 just has to keep his faith strong and not fall off track or path each individual makes here.

Thanks for the data input, what you said makes sense even if its uncomfortably accepted.

Be well

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Understood my friend. Thanks

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the data input, what you said makes sense even if its uncomfortably accepted.

Thanks, hope it was a little more meaningful than raw data input.

I don't say i'm right, i'm just offering possibilities and a point of view. Religion may have had the best interests of humanity in mind, but it certainly doesn't seem that way. And it's certainly no good for civilisation now.....Not the apocolytpic end-of-all-day type religions anyway haha.

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join