It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple qusetion-Do you feel religion started on Planet Earth? If not what does that mean?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Please feel free to leave an answer if YES. If NO then what does this mean.......

So ATS. Is religion something Earth made or is this possibly Universal, the worship of a higher deity-GOD-

Believers and Nons, lets discuss shall we.

Be well

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Faith is Universal

Religion is a man-made construct.

One must disambiguate between religion and faith. They can be similar and yet very different concepts.
edit on 9-5-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Before we start, let's get one thing clear: There are some, like me, who believe in God (and Jesus), but hate religion with a passion. Let's keep that in mind before GENERALIZATIONS are made, like they usually are..
edit on 9-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

I see your point Faith minipulated into religion. Interesting point hadnt seen it that way.
Thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Its all good. 1 is not the judge here just asking for your input.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Religion is an extension of "ritual" practices that bring humans good and bad luck.

It has been demonstrated with pigeons that when food is given to them randomly from a machine, they will adopt a ritual based on the memory of what worked last time to get their food. They may peck twice before their food or shake their head thinking that this worked before. Remember we are talking pigeons here not humans.

So the rituals are more complex within religion but I believe that this is what religion is - you pray and [co-incidentally] your prayers are answered - this re-inforces your power of prayer; absolutely no different to the pigeon picking the food.

I think it did come from this Earth, as the person who creates these habits may be doing something right that makes him/her survive. The "habit" of e.g. cleaning food in fresh water may give an individual an advantage that they don't fully understand, thus enabling a species a better chance of survival.

Apologies if this answer is a little dry

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Organized religion? Or spirituality?

Organized religion... I think that this was part of a recipe given to the ruling factor of humanity to keep the masses in check, quite possibility a recipe refined from another race that has already learned how to enslave the masses (along with the alphabet, currency and some other wonderful ideas that can be considered as good things until witnessing the way in which they are used to divide and control us all)

Spirituality... well, I don't think anyone created that. It is like the universe... it just is.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I feel most religion, is actually a misinterpretation of extraterrestrial visitation in ancient times. I would of probably thought it was divinity as well.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Do you feel religion started on Planet Earth?

I am certain all the religions we've found on earth have started on earth, I don't need faith in this matter.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Thank you for your input templar knight its appreciated and not to dry at all.. I just wonder how many would reat if s simular system existed universally.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

I see so you feel organized religion is more less Earth based but spirituality can be more universal. This makes sense to me in many ways. I do feel tho spiritually reinforces the religions as well as guides them back on path when minipulated.

Thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah
I feel most religion, is actually a misinterpretation of extraterrestrial visitation in ancient times. I would of probably thought it was divinity as well.

Very well spoken. With that I wonder if this is true would those ET understand many are understanding as best they can.

Thanks and good point

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Its hard to say,I beleive that a group of people a bit more intelligent than their kin created gods and religion as a means for controling and profiting from them...If you notice throughout history more wars have been fought because of religion than for any other reason,whether the creators of religion were ETs or not the answer wouldnt surprise me..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If there are other similar civilizations out there somewhere, then yes, I feel quite certain that they have their own version of the Bible.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Thank you for your input. I have seen various threads here on ATS where there are artifacts potentially linked to non natural strucutres like pyramids or faces.Do you feel there would be any connnections say if pyramids were found else where or stonehenge layouts?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

I see so you see it as possible EA minipulation and potential celestials influence as well. Nice, thinking in 2 ways at once
Also it wouldnt suprise me as well. I just keep hope that those who taught were of good nature and not trying to minipulate the EA masses so we are dumbed down.

Thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Religion started in the Universe. It worships itself. Like we worship ourselves. We are the myth itself.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
If there are other similar civilizations out there somewhere, then yes, I feel quite certain that they have their own version of the Bible.

I agree. I wonder if they came how nonbelievers would react. Would they seek god more or find a reason to deny.

Thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster

Religion started in the Universe. It worships itself. Like we worship ourselves. We are the myth itself.
Interesting view as well. Universal

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Everyone thanks so far for your contribution to the thread. I think many if got the chance could learn from some of what can be gathered here. I for 1 believe LOVE is universal and hate tries to copy the power but fails. SO religion comming from the STARS isnt to far off a thought for me. I do believe it has been minipulated by many here on EA, but thats for their souls to answer too. I dont think its wrong to seek spiritual understanding of existance. I just think as time passes and things become more clear open minds will need to be kept to understand better and not get nisguided by some fakery. Thanks again for the input I will check back soon.

Be well

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join