It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts: proposed "arsenal" law"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
*snip*
How would you feel if you learned that your neighbor, in the privacy of his own home, suddenly was reported as having an 'arsenal?' *snip*

Personally, I would introduce myself, figuring this would be a good person to know, in case things get totally out of control in this country! But, that's just me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Gun laws in MA is twisted. Boston's law states that you cannot carry a "high capacity feeding device." Meaning a mag. So if you are in possession of a magazine you are technically breaking the law.

HECK if you have AMMO in Mass. it is two years in jail!

They guy with a yard long criminal record including Attempted murder who stole my Semi and trailer gets - wait for it - am MAXIMUM of 3 months on parole!!!!

Boston Ammunition Defense Attorney: Law offices of Jason Chan

Massachusetts Ammunition Penalties

If a defendant is convicted of possession of ammunition, the defendant could face up to 2 years in jail
www.attorneychan.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

trust me i know were corrupt and have some major problems. but violence begets more violence. A violent uprising creates a violent leadership. guns are not the answer. If we CANT fix our world by peaceful means, then I was wrong about humanity and will abandon all hope for earth.

"Peaceful means" does not work on bullies. Trust me I figured that out the first time my brother tried to kill me. Bullies ONLY understand force and since they are basically cowards all that is really need is the threat of force.

Oh and my darling X-brother is now CEO of a large corporation
Incredible intelligence and no conscience works very well in this world when you want to amass power and wealth.

My X-brother and similar people are why we need guns. Most people are not like him but like turds they rise to the top because they have no problem lying, cheating and killing if need be.

If you check out my threads I do NOT advocate violence. Heck I suggest staying away from protests too.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
TO all replying to OUNjahhryn,
Any attempt in trying to show this person the truth will not be successful. You might as well beat your head into a brick wall.
This person is clearly a pacifist in nature, and has grown up with the idea that a firearm is evil and that is that.

No amount of logic, stats, research or evidence will sway this persons thoughts, as it is rooted merely in emotion.

OUNjahhryn, sleep well at night and be safe. And just remember, those that have the stomach, will defend those that choose to not step up.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Might go international, though..... The Obama administration is pushing to have the UN Small Arms Treaty become law in this country. Just another of the many reasons I think both he and the UN have no place in my country!

Yes!

Just look at what they did to our food it is now controlled by an unelected Transnational cartel.

1. Dan Amstutz, VP of Grain Trader Cargill, wrote the Agreement on Ag.

2. To get the WTO ratified a clause was inserted making it clear the US Constitution was superior to the treaty. This was to passify the Congress critters who were concerned about US sovereignty. (1995)

3. FDA WITHOUT Congressional approval completely changed food safety procedures so inspectors inspect paperwork not food and the Corp. are responsible for food safety testing. Government testing labs were closed. HACCP 1996

4. Food born illness sky rockets, farmers and a "food safety law that hasn't changed since 1938" are blamed

5. The UN/WTO writes up a bunch of farming "guidelines"

7. After 6 years of trying Congress passes the Food Safety modernization act of 2010 during the lame duck session.

The Act contains THIS!!!

b]SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.

Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party. www.govtrack.us...

Now US farming is regulated NOT by the USA but the WTO!

SPS stands for Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures. On the surface it sounds as if health concerns were part of the WTO considerations. The reality is the opposite. Only minimal health standards are to be allowed to be enforced under WTO free trade rules, and any nation attempting anything more strict, such as the EU ban on import of US hormone-fed beef, can be found guilty by WTO of an ‘unfair restraint of trade.’

...The heart of the WTO machinery is the WTO Agreement on Agriculture (AoA), which under the sheep’s wool of ‘free trade,’ hides the wolf of private agri-business GMO monopoly power....

The AoA was written by the US-dominated agribusiness giants such as Cargill, ADM, Monsanto and DuPont, to serve the agenda of these global supranational private companies, whose sole aim is to maximize profits and market monopoly, regardless of human consequences. Their focus is the domination of the $1 trillion global agriculture trade. The actual author of the AoA of WTO was Daniel Amstutz, a former Vice President of Cargill Grain, who was at the time in the Washington US Trade Representative’s Office, before going back to the grain trade.(3).

Who controls WTO?

Under the secretive WTO rules, countries can challenge another’s laws for restricting their trade. The case is then heard by a tribunal or court of three trade bureaucrats. They are usually influential corporate lawyers with pro-free trade bias. The lawyers have no conflict of interest rules binding them, such that a Monsanto lawyer can rule on a case of material interest to Monsanto.

Further, there is no rule that the judges of WTO respect any national laws of any country. The three judges meet in secret without revealing the time or location. All court documents are confidential and are not published unless one party releases it. It is a modern version of the Spanish Inquisition, but with far more power.
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Personally, I would introduce myself, figuring this would be a good person to know, in case things get totally out of control in this country! But, that's just me.

HECK

I went one better I INVITED them to come hunt my land.

I moved out of the People Republic of Taxichusetts to a farm in the back of beyond North Carolina. Inviting a local Hunt club to continue hunting my land was the best move I ever made!!!!

Want an electrician, plumber, exterminator,.... pick up the phone and call the club and you have instant connection into the "Ole Boy" network. They have improved my land, kept up my road to the back of my property, kept out the trash hunters and I have not had one of my horses, sheep or goats killed.

After living in both states I can tell you the rabid radicals in Mass scared me a heck of a lot more the the "gun toting hicks" in NC.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

It's Massachusetts! If you think about Massachusetts, think this, it's a seriously messed up state...

SO RIGHT.

I was told proudly by a card caring Communist friend that "Massachusetts is the home of the foremost Marxists in the world!" I was told by another that she majored in botany because it was the ONLY department at University of Massachusetts that was NOT also a major in Marxism!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

Originally posted by RickyD

im with you on the weed laws being stupid, I just dont see how owning guns is safer than weed. some people say "just cause you have a gun dosent mean your going to use it" true. but if you do use it, it has 1 purpose. to destroy.

Its hard to defend yourself from Tyranny of government with weed. Just Sayin...
edit on 11/5/2011 by Lono1 because: quoted wrong

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

"Peaceful means" does not work on bullies.

Bravo. My sentiments exactly. Violence is never the answer (unless the question is : What does v-i-o-l-e-n-c-e- spell?) But sometimes it IS the last line of defense.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
TO all replying to OUNjahhryn,
Any attempt in trying to show this person the truth will not be successful. You might as well beat your head into a brick wall.
This person is clearly a pacifist in nature, and has grown up with the idea that a firearm is evil and that is that.

No amount of logic, stats, research or evidence will sway this persons thoughts, as it is rooted merely in emotion.

OUNjahhryn, sleep well at night and be safe. And just remember, those that have the stomach, will defend those that choose to not step up.

I didn't grow up with the idea that guns are bad. I was even going to join the Canadian armed forces infantry division at one point (in part due to a manipulative father). Then I stopped and looked at myself and the world and said no.

And i will most certainly step up when need be. just as the Tibetan Buddhists fought against the Chinese. I agree that sometimes a certain amount of violence is necessary. But to idolize and procreate the tools of violence when unnecessary is just building up the possibility of more and more violence.

plus. you don't need a gun to stand up for yourself or others..here are some examples for you...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Anyone who owns that many firearms owes it to themselves and to society to keep them under lock and key. Believe it or not, well-armed homes do get broken into and stolen guns end up on the streets. Criminals are to blame for this of course but irresponsible gun owners aren't helping.

I doubt this proposed law will go anywhere since it makes no budget provisions over who's going to pay for such an elaborate system.

Thankfully I live in Ohio which like AZ has rational gun laws.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

....people seriously own more than 10 guns? I live in canada and haven't even seen a gun aside from police officers and military...

I think the law should be "if you own more than 10 guns, get rid of most of them"

Doesn't speak for all Canadians - some of us think we should have the same rights as Americans in owning firearms.

Let me guess, your a NDP / Liberal supporter and believe in the Long Gun Registry - a oh lets all just get along type of person.
edit on 10-5-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

I refute all political association as I believe the government is highly flawed. I also didnt say anything about "all Canadians" I said I haven't seen them. thats my personal experience.

And whats wrong with being a "lets all get along type of person". don't you want a safe and peaceful world for yourself, your family, your friends, your children and their children? Anyone who doesn't is a sick human. were capable of this with our current level of technology(but not current level of thinking). guns are like gasoline. unnecessary, but profitable.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

"neither do your instruments"

my instruments also don't fire metal at high velocity designed specifically to kill efficiently.

Also, if you read some more of my posts, you would see i'm not against owning guns for hunting.

Well, there is a lot of stuff out there being called music, that seriously makes me ill. Gee, maybe we should limit instrument ownership to only those that play what I like!

it may make you feel ill. but you still live. You can turn off the radio. you cant stop a bullet.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer

my instruments also don't fire metal at high velocity designed specifically to kill efficiently.

Also, if you read some more of my posts, you would see i'm not against owning guns for hunting.

lol
yeah not metal.

what do you play that does not fire metal at a high velocity designed specifically to kill efficiently?

and how would you defend yourself if or when your own government or invading army wants to take your instruments that you play your soft rock on?

lol i didn't even realize the irony of "metal" what a pun lol

if the world decides to take my instruments than i'll leave the world, as my purpose no longer exists, neither will I.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

though i hear your answer,
it is consider cowardice to just give up and give in.

i would kill and die for my freedom to shred.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Can't grow hemp because the government can't figure out a way to control and tax it. Once they figure that out it will be legal.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sorry, but using John Lenin as a retort is weak.

Yes, there is the student in China, and MLK Jr. The Buddhist monk setting himself aflame? You go ahead with your self mutilation. I will keep my guns, and add to my evil arsenal.

You in the military? I doubt you would last 3 weeks. You clearly do not have the stomach for it.
To suggest otherwise is a farce.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Anyone who owns that many firearms owes it to themselves and to society to keep them under lock and key. Believe it or not, well-armed homes do get broken into and stolen guns end up on the streets. Criminals are to blame for this of course but irresponsible gun owners aren't helping.

I doubt this proposed law will go anywhere since it makes no budget provisions over who's going to pay for such an elaborate system.

Thankfully I live in Ohio which like AZ has rational gun laws.

Comparing OH to AZ in gun laws? Do you really know anything?

AZ has an open carry law, and last year did away with the unlawful requirement for a concealed carry permit. AZ has some of the most lax gun laws. Wish I was back there.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Again, a Liberal's favorite statement "Well, that's different".

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Sorry, but using John Lenin as a retort is weak.

Yes, there is the student in China, and MLK Jr. The Buddhist monk setting himself aflame? You go ahead with your self mutilation. I will keep my guns, and add to my evil arsenal.

You in the military? I doubt you would last 3 weeks. You clearly do not have the stomach for it.
To suggest otherwise is a farce.

your right i don't have the stomach for being a programed machine, which is why i'm not in the military. I prefer to retain my individuality. I never suggested otherwise.

I also did not join because I disagree with the war, and have recently been personally affected. Lost a family friend in Afghanistan. I stood with my Canadian flag on the highway of hero's and honored his name. I stood at his funeral and honored him once more. I chose a different life, and still hold strong my opinion on the war and guns. But I would never disrespect someone who is trying their best, the only way they know how, to help the people of this world.

Kevin Mckay

It will be a year this friday...
edit on 11-5-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join