It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts: proposed "arsenal" law"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

You're absolutely right. I should be able to own a tank. And bombs.

So when the authorities get in a firefight with citizens in your neighborhood when they come door to door rounding people up for their trip to the camps, whose house are you going to run to?

The guy with the Prius and the herb garden?

edit on 10-5-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Did you not know I am Apache????
My forefathers really did punish murderers and rapist by skinning them alive...

Back then they didn't have much of a problem with rapist or murders because there was real teeth in their form of punishment.... not a 20 year sentence out in 7 and half with good behaviour, free to go do it all over again...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The only reason the Government makes these bs laws is too make sure the American people have little too no rights to own guns in case we ever decided to rise up and start a militia too over throw these mongolians. Because thats why the 2nd Amendment was written down for in case our Government broke the rules and lied to us so much and took away our simple rights to own property we could get rid of them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Gee, this sounds like a good law. I would like to attatch a rider:

When this law goes into effect, the police department of Lowell, MA should put all of their weapons into a secure vault, since they probably have more than 10 guns. Whenever an officer draws a weapon from the vault, an alarm should go off alerting the citizens of Lowell. An air raid siren of some sort should do. All weapons should be returned to the vault at the end of each duty shift.

After all, if the law is good enough to force on the people of Lowell, the police department should have no problem operating under similar restrictions.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
reply to post by DaddyBare

lol where do you live so i can stay far far away. im a musician and you own more guns than I do instruments. you seems like a family that hunts so I understand owning some guns, but seriously now... how many rabbits do you need to kill....

He needs to kill as many as he wants to. Don't be afraid of his guns. Be afraid of the government taking our guns because, when (not if) they do, you'll have reason to be afraid of guns. They'll be pointed at you.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
reply to post by Furbs

You're absolutely right. I should be able to own a tank. And bombs.

So when the authorities get in a firefight with citizens in your neighborhood when they come door to door rounding people up for their trip to the camps, whose house are you going to run to?

The guy with the Prius and the herb garden?

edit on 10-5-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Not to your house, because you don't have anything that could protect me!

Send me a u2u when you get a tank. I will even pitch in for gas.

Stay strong, friend.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I at one time owned maybe 10 guns, or rather, we had 10 firearms in our family home. Most of them were heirlooms or out-of-commission, very old rifles. Three or four were single shot weapons, bolt-action, or single round shotguns.

I couldn't imagine having to file as having an "arsenal". What a waste of time. Arsenal of what, and against what?

That being said, why would anyone want to live in Massachusetts if they were concerned about rights, constitutional or otherwise? Everything is illegal in Massachusetts. I live further north, and it was kind of a pastime to call anyone visiting from Mass, a "masshole"
edit on 10-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Furbs

Back then they didn't have much of a problem with rapist or murders because there was real teeth in their form of punishment.... not a 20 year sentence out in 7 and half with good behaviour, free to go do it all over again...

Did I mention I'm not?
My forefathers slaughtered your people. We poisoned you. We raped your women. We took the land.

Back then we didn't have much of a problem with the aboriginal people because we figured they were subhuman.

Imagine the funny jokes I could make!

Hate to burst your bubble but its wasn't your guns or poisons that did my people in...
it was your diseases and germs that did the work for you...

But you are right in your Hero Columbus... took the natives he found here back to Europe and sold them as exotic pets... FYI the Queen of Spain order him to stop but he never did... to much money to be made... Alas he still died a Popper... Karma sucks don't it?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

reply to post by Furbs

Did I mention I'm not?
My forefathers slaughtered your people. We poisoned you. We raped your women. We took the land.

Back then we didn't have much of a problem with the aboriginal people because we figured they were subhuman.

Imagine the funny jokes I could make!

Hate to burst your bubble but its wasn't your guns or poisons that did my people in...
it was your diseases and germs that did the work for you...

But you are right in your Hero Columbus... took the natives he found here back to Europe and sold them as exotic pets... FYI the Queen of Spain order him to stop but he never did... to much money to be made... Alas he still died a Popper... Karma sucks don't it?

Yeah, I think my first assessment about you was correct..

.. I didn't make this about your heritage, you did.

I did not mean to offend your proud heritage. The United States government was sterilizing native people into the 1970's.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I don't think he was looking for apologizes for those actions.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Furbs

I don't think he was looking for apologizes for those actions.

Good, because I wasn't making them.

I was apologizing for what I -said-.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I was born with the only 2 guns I need... *SMOOCHES HIS BICEPS*

2nd line

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

isnt massachussetts a freedom fighter state?

the implications of this are profound. basically they want to know when people are getting into their weapons caches. and they are glazing it over with an "its for your own protection" shpeal. its noone's right to know what you have in your home. that law is unconstitutional.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukky

isnt massachussetts a freedom fighter state?

What MA was and what it is are two completely different things.

Right now it's the Plymouth Rock of tyranny crushing its residents to death.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Ok I live in rural Canada and most of my neighbours have more then 10 guns, So you must live in a city... Toronto I'd guess?

Also just because your neigbours don't flash them in your face does not mean they don't have them.

i never said canadians don't own guns. I said i haven't seen them. I actually had crack dealing black dudes (not racist, truth) living next to me and they got raided by swat, all arrested, they found a bunch of guns in the house too. but i was sleeping. so i didn't see them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

tried having a more civil discussion but it failed. sorry i flipped but when you edit large portions of my text without acknowledging the rest to make me sound like im saying something im not. I get annoyed.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Whaaaaaaat...? Were number 8 or something in the WORLD for guns owned per citizen.. You really must be out of touch with how much your fellow canucks love guns.

ah, ive learned my lesson to stay out of gun threads... because apparently people cant read. I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM. doesnt mean they aren't there. its my personal experience, not generalization.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

im with you on the weed laws being stupid, I just dont see how owning guns is safer than weed. some people say "just cause you have a gun dosent mean your going to use it" true. but if you do use it, it has 1 purpose. to destroy.

Just the fact that you believe that a guns ONLY purpose is "to destroy" show that you know little to nothing about firearms.
I personally would rather have my firearms in my house than something that alters my perception, reflexes and thought process.

VicDiaz: Love the Spawn avatar ! As a fellow Arizonian I agree with you.....

gun goes bang, bullet go zoom. whatever it hits its damaged or destroyed. unless you have intercourse with your guns. yes. its only purpose is to destroy something.

I believe that no man or woman should have the ability to kill someone else with one finger. you guys can bash me for my beliefs all you want, but it wont change them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

lol where do you live so i can stay far far away. im a musician and you own more guns than I do instruments. you seems like a family that hunts so I understand owning some guns, but seriously now... how many rabbits do you need to kill....

He needs to kill as many as he wants to. Don't be afraid of his guns. Be afraid of the government taking our guns because, when (not if) they do, you'll have reason to be afraid of guns. They'll be pointed at you.

/TOA

I have trouble killing bugs. not because they are bugs. but because I have strong compassion and empathy. I would rather be shot dead than shoot someone else.

I'm not afraid of death, and I don't have to hunt my food. thus, guns to me are useless.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join