It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stationary storm cells over mid west

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have noticed recently that there have been many stationary storm cells over the midwest / i.e. the mississippi river.

I have been checking radar a lot lately because of all the tornados / floods

I always check before bed, and again in the morning

on thing i've noticed is that major storm cells are in the exact same position when i check.

like right now www.intellicast.com... ...that same cell was there at 1:00 AM est

this is the third time in the past 10 days i've noticed

one of the storms was a "front" that stretched vertically across the entire U.S. over the mississippi....for over 12 hours

just seems odd to me

Sorry i don't have much proof of this, so i posted in skunkworks. I'm sure archives can be checked, but i don't have the time or ambition

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I've noticed clusters of perfect circles of storms popping up in the midwest lately that behave the same way... its really weird

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

there was one the other day, where the "RED" radar portion was twice the size of Connecticut ... now that's a big storm

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I've have noticed both the slow moving storms and the rings. A guy named (or going by) Dutchsinse has a youtube channel that he forecasts weather using the rings (when they are present). I found out about him on a different thread. I believe someone posted that he forecast the tornado outbreak based on the rings - I don't have links to back this but if you go through his videos I think it is there. I did not start following him until later. Anyway, check it out and see what you think.

www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">dutchsinse

(I believe that is the most current one)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Sorry i don't have much proof of this, so i posted in skunkworks. I'm sure archives can be checked, but i don't have the time or ambition

You guys are probably all exhausted fighting the weather. I don't know how anyone could possibly sleep, knowing a bunch of tornadoes could start up at anytime, worse in the night.

I saw the flooding that's going on up here in Quebec, and I noticed a lot of people were kayaking around the streets. Their flooding wasn't too bad, out the front door, and into their kayak or rowboat.

What Americans are getting is a nightmare.
One more snowy winter in North America, and this could happen again. Small boats may turn into more of a need than a car.

It's almost unbelievable the weather you guys are getting pummelled with. Hurricane season must be starting soon too

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Sometimes when i use intellicast, i have to manually refresh the page for it to update, or else it just shows the older information.. I dont know if this is the same thing that is happening to yours or not, but it is one possible explanation.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

i thought that might be the case, so i go out and then back in to double check....still there.....good point though

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bradychick

yeah, i know about dutchsinse. Some members here get VERY uptight when his name is mentioned. While he has no meteorological background, he does notice some interesting correlations.

To play devils advocate though, you can pretty much pick anywhere in the midwest during spring / summer and say there will be big storms within 24 - 48 hours and be right a lot of the time.

i keep an eye on his stuff....he's on our side, whether he's right or wrong

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by Watts

there was one the other day, where the "RED" radar portion was twice the size of Connecticut ... now that's a big storm

Something....off... is definitely happening with the weather, I won't jump to the HAARP conclusion but it definitely isn't normal. We were getting tornadoes here in SE Virginia and that is super fantastically rare, even when we have the occasional tropical storm/hurricane.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

I've noticed clusters of perfect circles of storms popping up in the midwest lately that behave the same way... its really weird

to add to that, today i was looking at the radar across the country and MOST of the storms started from stationary perfect circles. The strange thing is that EVERY one of these stationary circles was within a mile of an airport. At one point there were 9 all at once not moving for hours.

Also, there was one over the minneapolis/ st. paul airport while the airport had no electricity for more than a few hours.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Very strange morning here in norhern Illinois. Overcast, foggy and the temps are heating up. Normally this would be caused by a front moving in, but there is absolutely no wind. It is extremely quiet as well. Normally the birds are making quite a racket at this hour. Not sure what to make of it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by midwest0013

Originally posted by Watts

to add to that, today i was looking at the radar across the country and MOST of the storms started from stationary perfect circles. The strange thing is that EVERY one of these stationary circles was within a mile of an airport. At one point there were 9 all at once not moving for hours.

Also, there was one over the minneapolis/ st. paul airport while the airport had no electricity for more than a few hours.

Well whadya know...www.suntimes.com...

There's definitely something to these "Haarp" rings or whatever they are. I don't care what these blind debunkers try to say, they're not just radar sweeps from a local dopplar like they keep trying to tell us. Everything about that concept is wrong.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I live in Minnesota and for the last 2 days were are getting horrible slow moving storms and rings and just pouring rain..Last night i went to my basement the skys were black and green and the wind was blowing but after about an hour it blew over then another came though this morning dumping more rain my property is just flooded..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I live in Western Ky and earlier this spring we got hammered for two solid weeks! It was storm after storm after storm... several tornados came through. I am not ashamed to say that storms freak me out! I am afraid of them and this spring convinced my husband to put us in a storm shelter! Some people I have told have made fun of us, which I find rather ignorant...it makes me feel better knowing it is out there!

top topics

join