It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
When Jesus returns, Scooby, Shaggy and the rest of the gang will promptly pull off his mask, declaring, "Mr. Smithers, the amusement park operator!!" To which he will reply, "Yes, and I would've gotten away with it if not for you meddling kids."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7e5d1613460.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well maybe sometime in May, is the rapture out (though bible does Not use the word rapture), then rise of antichrist, then bowls. I do love hearing people's theories/ideas/ contemplative dates & reasons for them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

hi JI..I'm afraid you cant nail him back on the cross, I used the timer to make a lovely out-door BBQ setting.
But if you throw a couple of silver coins in the kitty.....The beers are on me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
He's going to need a green-card and some decent photos of heaven as proof or he will be profiled and labeled a nut just like the rest of the folks that claim they either are or hear Jesus speak to them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?,
Then the Jews are stuffed, especially if he wants payback.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If Jesus shows up on the 21st. we will probably try to lock him up and interrogate him. Think "When the Earth stood still" ...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

There has to be a reason for everything.

Why? Why does everything in the universe have to break down to some system your brain can comprehend? Even if there is a god, and Christianity got it right, why would "God" construct our reality in such a way that you could understand the reasoning behind every single event, but not physically be able to speak his name, or even hear it, without death?

there is a reason behind everything, but not a nice little package for you, why the fish deaths? many reasons specific to each fish kill.

why the storms? Weather specific reasons.

Is there some unseen hand guiding all of this from behind the curtain? dunno, don't see a NEED for it

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I personally do not want to be raptured. I have prayed that when the time of [if] Christ's return, that He leave me here so that i can fight for him in the battle of armaggedon and wash my robes the hard way, plus, i just want to see this turd of an existence topple down and go face 2 face with the anti-christ himself. I wanna kick some a$$ for God.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You know, this whole rapture rumor didn't start to bother me until I had this creepy rapture dream. www.abovetopsecret.com... That dream still leaves me shaken. I'm trying to interpret it to make myself feel better though.

You say he spent 3 million of his own money. I know he never asked for money but he does receive tons on donations from people who are giving up all their belongings, believing this will happen and allowing it to go towards the funds to spread the message. So it's possible that he never spent his own money, just donated money. I think it's likely he believes his prediction and if it doesn't come to pass, I don't know what his message will be or if he will even still be alive. (Old age, suicide, etc.)

Then there is the bluebeam scenario. You would think a true god could cause a worldwide earthquake all at once, not in one timezone at a time. But can tptb cause earthquakes one time zone at a time? As well as display and image of god? Knock down all communications during this event? Maybe. Some believe they can.
Hmmm, rapture may 21st, end of the world in october. Around the same time of the elenin comet. Then there is that whole thread about the blood type virus thing. What if the rapture is the release of this virus that only attacks people of a certain blood type? Something like that would also be within the powers of those in control, right? Then all the msm has to do is report that a RAPTURE just occurred. People tend to believe what the news says. Especially if everyone saw Jesus in the sky. Not everyone knows about bluebeam.

Ats is making my head spin......

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Christians celebrate Christmas (look up the origins). They celebrate Easter (again, look up the origins)..Good Friday-repeat...Your Bible you mis-read. If you want to follow the "Bible"..do what it is says. The Bible says "god does not change"..yet after the New Testament, he Changed. WTH? How god can change in the middle of the "book" from one thing to another...doesn't any one question that?

All gods word (that does not change) was changed by the son??? So all of a sudden he changed the goal posts? Are you serious?

To me Christianity is the biggest lie there is. They are the ones who "follow" yet will the be the ones cast into the lake of fire (if there is one). They are following the son, with out understanding, and think they are on the right path...I think NOT!

First you are absolutely correct God does not change. However God does not change between the Old and New Testaments. He is the same God. You will find the same mercy of God in the Old as the New Exodus 34:6, Numbers 14:18 Deut 4:31, Nehemiah 9:17 Book of Psalms, Joel 2:13. You will also find the same God of wrath in the New Testament and the Old Romans 1:18.

Second everything in the Old Testament is a foreshadowing of His Son Jesus Christ. The Old Testament is full of prophecies concerning the Christ. All of the Old Testament (First Covenant) sacrificial rights were a precursor for the ultimate atonement of sins Jesus Christ sacrifice. With out blood there is no remission of sins Hebrews 9. This is the New Covenant.

The Son glorifies the Father John 14:13 "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Now on to Christmas and Easter. Unfortunately we live in a flawed world. Everything we have today has some sort of pagan origin. Remember Christianity was not created until after Christ sacrifice found in the book of Acts. However God and the main building block of Christianity has been around a lot longer then well lets just say since time began. We will find in the Bible that at one point in time that all man kind was in one place. God commanded man to repopulate the earth after the flood. Man did not and started to build a tower to elevate his standing with God and to keep safe from another flood. God split the languages of man creating new cultures and basically races of man. All religions you see today that you say that Christianity borrowed stories from or that the bible borrowed stories from..ie "the flood story" you will find in other religions. Remember all of these other people were at one point in time the same race/culture over time they came up with their own interpretations and thus the similarities in the stories.

Back to the Holy days we are not to judge those that do or do not follow these days:

Col 2: 16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Romans 14: 5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

I know there are pagans and atheists on this site and others that hate Christianity as a whole. Not all of us are hypocrites and there are a quite of few of us that do strive to be as Christ like as possible. We will make mistakes from time to time and it is up to God to forgive us.

I really do hope mercy finds all of us but based on what I have read in the bible it is our own free will that keeps us from finding it in God.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, i would gladly buy em some wood and nails, a cap with a smiley face on it, whip em around a bit.
Than put em up on its cross, and let em die again.
Ill rent a cave with a huge stone door, and im gonna wait several days.

If nothing happens than its clear he is a fake.
If he does stand up from the dead, well than ill go see my shrink and get some pills and go on with my life.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

I'll drop to his feet and wash them with my hair...

Amen.
Although I don't have much hair, I'm sure I'll have plenty of tears.

SnF

edit on 9-5-2011 by Violater1 because: SnF

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack

The bible states that 144K will be raptured or saved. Whenever I consider this small number saved from all over the planet, I think that perhaps some person that we know or that we might be sitting next to suddenly disappears. The disappearance if witnessed will be the exact type of first hand witness account that could lead to proving that a rapture has in fact occurred.

Revelation 7:1-4

1And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed 144000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 14:1-5

1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

5And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

These are not the ones being raptured (greek:harpazo) away these are the witness that are to spread the gospel of Christ.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Then I would like to very much ask him if he feels like taking over the bass and laying down some heavy metal jams with me. It would be very appreciated. I always wanted to jam with Jesus Christ himself.
I'm sure it would be a heavily enlightening experience.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Given the mentality of present day people,when jesus does come back few will believe that he is what he says. Everyone will demand proof. But if he displays powers to convince people,he is doing the wrong thing. If you comprehend and understand the true meanings that is in the original( Not the rewritten,translated and corrupted ones)bible you can see that it is wrong to display supernatural powers to convince or proof to anyone.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Starman

Oh but what arrogance then to expect people to worship and believe in you blindly without questioning.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Jesus Christ could knock on your front door, you could take a picture, even video record it and it would still be called a hoax.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If Christ does return...we'll cross that bridge when we get there...lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Hahahhaa - oh my ... if He does come back, you're in a world of hurt my friend.

If he does come back how am I in a world of hurt? Has there not been a debate on whether the Mary that washed his feet with her hair was a harlot and most likely not even Mary of Madelene but another Mary since it was a popular name in those times?

Are you sure Jesus will damn me for the ignorance of other men? (not a jab at you, but the interpreters who rewrote the bible to their liking)

Sounds opinionated friend.
edit on 9-5-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I would say this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join