It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Then he will forgive me

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Okay, there's a lot of off-topic threads that formed on this original post.

Considering that the guy who is making this prediction has been wrong in the past when he said that Jesus would return in 1994 and said that it would be impossible for Jesus to return in 2011, we can safely assume that this current prediction is at best merely another guess.

Biblically speaking, a prophet must be 100% accurate all the time. Otherwise, we are told that the prophet can safely be ignored.

Now, the part about Jesus coming back and gathering his followers in the clouds is biblical. The word "rapture" is never used, but that's just because it's the word that "we" use to refer to what is described in the Bible of that particular future event, so no need to get into an argument about the terminology. Just look at what the Bible actually describes.

The odd part that I see is where people who are buying into the idea that the prediction for 21 May 2011 is right, are quitting their jobs and "running for the hills". It would seem to me that the best testimony of one's belief in Jesus would be to continue working and doing what we are told to do in the Bible as for how we ought to conduct ourselves in our day-to-day lives; and to keep doing that right up until Jesus calls us up. A lot of our outreach to those who don't believe the same way should be in the relationships that we develop with those around us; demonstrating in how we live our everyday lives the benefits that we experience from living according to what we learn from our own readings from the Bible (and discussions with fellow believers) -- none of this running off to chase after wild predictions.

Of course, if you want to pull a "zombie apocolypse" or societal collapse scenario into the discussion, it would seem to be that true Christians would be the ones to encourage others to prepare as we would and to otherwise help develop mutual support groups to help each other (especially the ones we interact with regularly) through the rough times.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
How will we know when it's really Jesus?
Seriously, could not Lucifer portray him and fool us all? The bible is such a conundrum of do's and don'ts as it even tells you to beware of false prophets. Most people can't even agree what Jesus looked like.
Brown hair, Blue eyes, and fair skinned?

We, as a planet, just open ourselves up to be easily taken over by an imitator. Although the imitator wouldn't convince everyone it would convince enough.

Remember the people of Heavens Gate, Jonestown and Waco? Times that by Thousands.

edit on 9-5-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
lol the first one will be the anti Christ so good luck as for me i will just wait it will not be a peaceful time Jesus himself said the next time he comes back he will bring the sword and i want to see his army hopefully i can plead with him to let me fight along his side.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidchin
Okay, there's a lot of off-topic threads that formed on this original post.

Considering that the guy who is making this prediction has been wrong in the past when he said that Jesus would return in 1994 and said that it would be impossible for Jesus to return in 2011, we can safely assume that this current prediction is at best merely another guess.

Biblically speaking, a prophet must be 100% accurate all the time. Otherwise, we are told that the prophet can safely be ignored.

Now, the part about Jesus coming back and gathering his followers in the clouds is biblical. The word "rapture" is never used, but that's just because it's the word that "we" use to refer to what is described in the Bible of that particular future event, so no need to get into an argument about the terminology. Just look at what the Bible actually describes.

The odd part that I see is where people who are buying into the idea that the prediction for 21 May 2011 is right, are quitting their jobs and "running for the hills". It would seem to me that the best testimony of one's belief in Jesus would be to continue working and doing what we are told to do in the Bible as for how we ought to conduct ourselves in our day-to-day lives; and to keep doing that right up until Jesus calls us up. A lot of our outreach to those who don't believe the same way should be in the relationships that we develop with those around us; demonstrating in how we live our everyday lives the benefits that we experience from living according to what we learn from our own readings from the Bible (and discussions with fellow believers) -- none of this running off to chase after wild predictions.

Of course, if you want to pull a "zombie apocolypse" or societal collapse scenario into the discussion, it would seem to be that true Christians would be the ones to encourage others to prepare as we would and to otherwise help develop mutual support groups to help each other (especially the ones we interact with regularly) through the rough times.

Strange, reminds me of an allegation that during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, a strange man who somehow managed to bypass/ get a pass through White House security came to visit Clinton and told Clinton that he forgave him. This was around post 1995 though?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'll lock my doors, shut the blinds and wait for him to leave.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Quote....There are quite a few of us that do strive to be as christ like as possible.....end quote.

jesus was hebrew...therefore you must convert to the hebrew faith....
kosher food only...no more ham or bacon for you[mmm bacon]
If you want to walk in jesus's blessed little foot steps you will have to go to israel to live.
can I have your horse when you go.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'll just say, we dont know the day, and it cant be the 21st just cause its against Scripture.

Matthew 24:36-37
36"But concerning that day and the hour no one knows, not even the messengers of the heavens, but My Father only.
37 And as the days of Noah, so also shall the coming of the Son of Adam be"

What happened in the days of Noah? Everyone but Noah's family was prepared, no one else knew there was a flood, they even mocked Noah cause they thought he was a nut case. So the same day the second coming of the Messiah Yahuwshuwah will be, no one will know, there is no signs, no tribulation of 7 years, the tribulation has been going on since the time of the resurrection of the Messiah Yahuwshuwah, and so has the last days.

1 John 2:18,22
18 "Little children, it is the last hour. And as you have heard that the anti-messiah is coming, even now many anti-messiahs have come. This is how we know that it is the last hour.
22 Who is the liar, except the one denying that Yahuwshuwah is the Messiah? This is the anti-messiah, the one denying the Father and the Son."

Anti-messiah aka 'anti-christ' has been around since the time of the messiah. They have already come, and are here now, there is no 'single' anti christ, anyone against the Messiah Yahuwshuwah has the spirit of the Anti-Messiah.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What does anybody think about a possible "False 2nd Comming" due to project bluebeam? Idk how many of you saw the video in africa where the virgin mary appears in the sun, but i feel like maybe the ufos sightings are part of this too. It wouldnt surprise me if theyre testing out the system for a grand picture show in the sky to get everyone riled up.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Then 1 will know primary duties here have been fullfilled and will then switch to secondary.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ankona
What does anybody think about a possible "False 2nd Comming" due to project bluebeam? Idk how many of you saw the video in africa where the virgin mary appears in the sun, but i feel like maybe the ufos sightings are part of this too. It wouldnt surprise me if theyre testing out the system for a grand picture show in the sky to get everyone riled up.

This was what I was getting at. How are we going to know if it's the real deal or not? Look how easily people where fooled by David Koresh or Jim Jones.
If the Gov got involved using project Bluebeam most would fall for it hook, line and sinker.

I'm with ya.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
If the Gov got involved using project Bluebeam most would fall for it hook, line and sinker.

I'm with ya.

Unless all electrical activity was disturbed from SOL for some time preventing any generators back ups and remote satellites from working causing glitches in 3d program hologram. The sat. bats. too.. Also The Lamb may just take you so you don't have to worry about ???????? and doubt. Good question.

edit on 5/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
How will we know when it's really Jesus?
Seriously, could not Lucifer portray him and fool us all? The bible is such a conundrum of do's and don'ts as it even tells you to beware of false prophets. Most people can't even agree what Jesus looked like.
Brown hair, Blue eyes, and fair skinned?

edit on 9-5-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

The description of Jesus is a mute point in the theme of things. Your belief in what he looks like is has nothing to do with your salvation..only your belief in Him does.

Yes Satan can and will portray himself as Christ. He will be the final anti-Christ the beast of Revelation. Leaving out the rapture debate on timing in conjunction of the Tribulation (Daniels 70 weeks)..a seven year Tribulation. Those left here will face the beast you will know who he is by this:

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Look for a world leader or one with a great following/influence to be killed/assassinated and healed. Once you see this you have found the anti-Christ. Many will proclaim he is the chosen one.

After this another will come honoring him you will soon see the mark of the beast.

16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.

Do not take the mark.

Rev 14:9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, 10he, too, will drink of the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

There is one religion today that used to put marks on the forehead and right hand in honor of their god.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Why does it HAVE to mean something? Why can't is all be just meer coincidence? Concidering the connectivity of the world in this day in age, where information flys around the globe in the blink of an eye, it's no wonder all these Connect-the-Dots Religious Organizations have to do something to get a name for themselves. It's nothing new. Earthquakes, floods, drought, fires, weddings, and political miss-information rage on day in and day out just as they have always done. You're just watching too much TV and internet.

As for the Jesus thing, Let me know when he gets here.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tri-lobe-1
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Quote....There are quite a few of us that do strive to be as christ like as possible.....end quote.

jesus was hebrew...therefore you must convert to the hebrew faith....
kosher food only...no more ham or bacon for you[mmm bacon]
If you want to walk in jesus's blessed little foot steps you will have to go to israel to live.
can I have your horse when you go.

First to the Jews then to the Gentiles. Gentiles Non-Jews were grafted into the family.

Concerning what you eat.
Matthew 15:16“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man ‘unclean.’

Romans14:5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.

Old ways a shadow of things to come.

Col 2:13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature,b God made youc alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.d

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

One does not need to live in Jerusalem (would be nice tho) to worship God.

John 4:20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”
21Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

It is a particularly human pathology to want so badly to see meaning in the seemingly random events surrounding ones own existence, but you need to understand that you are actually creating your own reality through your choice to recognize the things you name as meaningful.

You see fish deaths, flood, earthquakes, tornados, Birther business and so on, while I see art shows, child births, new songs, pages from a novel I am writing, moments of tenderness between estranged parents and children and sunrise over Manhattan Beach. Which of us has a truer picture of reality?

It has been 180K years (give or take) since we put on clothes on, and 2K years since the birth and death of Christ. We have internalized the wrong part of every message we have ever received -- through our own "human" inspiration. We aren't content to feed the 5000, minister to the whores and junkies (the ones that truly *need* our help, after all) or raise the dead. Instead -- we focus on apocalyptic visions and end-of-the-world scenarios because they give us an excuse to do nothing with the time we are given in this world.

Take a leap man. Why wait for Christ to come back and show you how its done? Everything that we are already belongs to us. Don't look down.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Exactly, the governments technology is far more advanced than any common US citizen realizes. And most of us have been to a laser light show at least once. How hard could it really be to just project images with lasers? And if its worldwide scale many would believe it. Hell I probably would too if I was part of the Sheeple flock lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Your soulconsiousness will vibrate in tune with him and you shall feel the truth in you. By your immature and unintelligent comments and replies , it is a waste of breadth and energy to continue in a conversation with you.
Please understand that you are responsible for what you say and when you are in the place where you are being punished it is too late.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Your soulconsiousness will vibrate in tune with him and you shall feel the truth in you. By your immature and unintelligent comments and replies , it is a waste of breadth and energy to continue in a conversation with you.
Please understand that you are responsible for what you say and when you are in the place where you are being punished it is too late.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join