It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hovering over Downtown Los Angeles!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Sadly....as much as I wanted to, never saw anything unexplainable.

Oh, and TCAS would only come into play if the Zeta Reticulan ( >grin< ) spaceship had a transponder...especially if squawking Mode C....with all the attendant pitot-static instruments, too. LOL!

Now, the Vulcans?? Don't believe that "logical" exterior they like to project...deep down, those suppressed emotions, lurk some wicked senses of humor.....so, a few "false returns", wouldn't put it past them. Though, getting one to admit it is harder than prying the shell of an Arcturian she-crab....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

U.F.O DISCLOSURE PROJECT -FULL VERSION www.youtube.com...
This is about 2 hours in length; I don’t know how old it is. The people seem quite sincere and are mostly military with high clearance levels.
I don’t normally think about UFOs all that much but there has been a lot of attention this past few weeks so this video caught my attention as did the pictures posted here today.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I dont know OP I have thought of the possibility that some scouts craft or species can use cloud cover as cover.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
but well.. guys...at least we have some nice shots of a cloud ..and without my glasses ..i see a UFO too there

yeah I love it
Keeps adding to my collection

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I dont know OP I have thought of the possibility that some scouts craft or species can use cloud cover as cover.

Well why not? Why do people think that is so hard to believe?

Remember the Bible? All kinds of Cloud Ships in there... like the one Jacob climbed into via a ladder. religious old master paintings are full of aliens appearing in clouds. Remember the one that descended onto the mountain that Moses went to chat with God on?

What if the cloud is formed around the ship because of atmospheric effects created by the drive system? Then it might be that they can't control the shape

I mean after all we see cloud effects around our own planes..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

Those CLOUDS are called Lenticular Clouds.

Lenticular Cloud

Lenticularis

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Sadly....as much as I wanted to, never saw anything unexplainable.

Well if you took your head out of fantasy land and actually looked, maybe you would

Vulcans huh? I suppose you chat with them all the time right?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kahunausa

Exactly! I have done all the research on lenticular clouds before I posted this and it simply is not in the location one would be, and there is not a single wisp of another cloud in the sky. Also, by my having been there in person, I was able to look at the whole sky before and after the phot and there were no clouds for 360 dgrees. This thing is very low to the ground, barely above the skyscrapers. Also, if you zoom in, you will see a curved edge in the middle of the thing that is consistently parallel to the top and bottom edges of the object. Yes I was amazed too that everyone is so positive that it is a cloud...personally thats what they WANT you to think it is! Obviously their camoflauge is working...and i bet over 99% of the people in LA who happened to glance at it didnt give it a second look...there is an old human saying that is very applicable here, "The best place to hide something is right in front of your eyes."

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Even humans during WWI have used cloud's to hide their craft...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Also for those of you that INSIST it was over the mountains...it is NOT. If you simply look at my 3rd photo, where the object is partially behind the billboard you will be able to see this. The freeway is on a downward slope at that point and the city and mountains are not visible, only the object, MEANING that it is actually in the foreground of the pictures, not the background. Also, by my being there in person I can tell you for a fact it was not behind the city and not even directly above it, but a few hundred meters closer to my camera that directly above the skyscrapers. As for those who don't believe it was a clear day otherwise, OBVIOUSLY im not going to take pictures behind me and beside of an empty sky while im driving on the freeway! It was dangerous enough to take these pictures straight ahead! You will just have to take my word for it that there was not a single cloud in the sky. Except for this artificial object disguised as a cloud.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kahunausa

I have gone to great lengths to explain why I feel this is a cloud. I explained without going into too much terminology why this formed at a lower level, based on dew point.

I have linked other images of lenticular clouds. Some show them in a clear sky. Some don't.

I would like an explanation from you please as to why you feel this is NOT a cloud. And your being a pilot doesn't cut it...cause I'm also a licensed pilot with an instrument rating. And this particular type of cloud your best to avoid flying in....

If it were me in the UFO, it would make a lot more sense to "cloak" my ship in a cloud that looks like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c04164b5e3d.jpg[/atsimg]

than in one that looks like the OP's photos. Why? Cause there's a lot more room to maneuver around when there's more cloud.

BTW...I wouldn't go telling the FAA your theories of UFO's hiding in clouds when you go for your next medical...you might not pass the psych part....
I'd also go buy a new chart if you don't believe there are mountains around the LA area before you go flying in there......

edit on 9-5-2011 by webpirate because: Additional thoughts

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I agree it wasn't over the mountains. They don't form directly over the mountains. They do however need the updrafts from them to form. As this picture from NOAA that I linked earlier shows.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfe3d2cbc422.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Cloud.

Here is an example of a lenticular cloud.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/620dd8bbc7f1.jpg[/atsimg]

Lenticular clouds, technically known as altocumulus standing lenticularis, are stationary lens-shaped clouds that form at high altitudes, normally aligned at right-angles to the wind direction. They have been mistaken for UFOs (or “visual cover” for UFOs) because these clouds have a characteristic lens appearance and smooth saucer-like shape.

www.tagbanger.com...

edit on 9-5-2011 by webpirate because: addded image

Yes, they usually are crafts too. One of the ones like that was there 2 days in a row, very beveled edges, about 60 feet in circumference or more, very very low, framed behind a clump of evergreens. Odd thing is, you can jump inside the house, and come out a moment later and its completely gone, vanished, this huge cloud, and all the other clouds you noted, are still drifting in the sky.

Not positives.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I love LA and respect people who can mistake a lenticular cloud for a UFO, but I feel deeply reluctant to accept that "it's technically an Unidentified Flying Object" I read some posts above. It's not Unidentified, it's not Flying, and it's not -technically- an Object.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Do you know about the America military weapon confidentiality laws?
I don't know much but basically, they can't release any information on spec and existence of state of the art weapons until they've been in use for 10years.

So if they invented the plasma cannon or something like it, they wouldn't release its existence for 10years.

And I think that applies to being used in the active military. So we really don't know what kind of technology is out there. It wouldn't surprise me if that was a friendly UFO.

have you checked out popular mechanics? They had a photo of an invisibility suit prototype in 2005. I'm pretty sure they've perfected it since. I saw a chopper dissappear once which freaked me out a little. It was flying really low but there was nowhere to land. And what freaked me out was I looked up and there was this chopper, it didn't make a sound. And then I looked again and it was gone. It couldn't have landed and it hadn't flown any higher. Very weird.

But yeah invisibilty suits exist. Making an gravity generator on the other hand is shrouded in mystery, but the ship would have to be round in some capacity or at least the basic scientific predictions said as much.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ahh yess just clouds but i dont think ive seen them before! they are still neat

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I've seen those before. They're lenticular clouds.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

now thats a good response ,you must all admit there are more clouds in the skys these day/nights

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join