It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Explosion Reportedly Heard Near Bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Loud Explosion Reportedly Heard Near Bin Laden

www.foxnews.com

Loud explosion heard near compound where Usama bin Laden was killed in Pakistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A loud explosion has been heard so what could it be? Maybe the Pakistan army blew up the compound so it wouldn't become a shrine to OBL. It couldn't be the helicopter tail end being blown up because it was already moved to another location. I will give more details as i get them. what are your thoughts on it?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Destroying evidence.

It's what these people do best.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

I hope it was the helicopter self destructing.
Never mind. already done www.theglobeandmail.com...

Black Hawk down. Well, not quite. The helicopter that failed and was blown up by U.S. special forces after the raid that killed Osama bin Laden was a never-before-seen stealthy design, and presumably top-secret, leaving aviation and military analysts both mystified and fascinated.

www.hindu.com...

NEW DELHI:

Did the world just get an inadvertent ‘tail boom' glimpse of a super secret stealth helicopter?

That's the question being hotly debated in defence technology circles across the internet, with wonks and geeks poring over photographs of the tell-tale evidence left behind by the U.S. special forces who swooped in to kill Osama bin Laden in Pakistan this week.

The silent post-midnight operation by the Navy SEALs — who flew across the Afghanistan border into Abbottabad without even setting off a minor blimp on Pakistani radar screens and made an equally smooth exit some 40 minutes later — was flawless except for the loss of one helicopter.

In the midst of their high-jinks mission, however, the U.S. forces took care to blow up the crashed helo.

Note: If this is back engineering of UFO technology it explains why we cannot catch UFO on radar.
edit on 8-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Whistling Bin Laden supporter with Rapport!

Light fuse, get away.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The movie set where they made this fake film probably blew up.....Did you see the inside of this 1.5 million dollar mansion Bin Laden was suppose to be staying in>...lol..I"ve seen better slum houses in Baltimore, MD. than this... I wonder if Bin Laden had a section 8 and he was really in the project on food stamps...Looks like it by the paid government media fake videos....Might have been a 1.5 million Iraqi Dinar home but not a 1.5 million Dollar U.S. Federal Reserve Fiat Note Home...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Nice find ! U beat me by just a few min . In fact you must have been just posting as I did me search and didn't find this topic yet posted .

yes this is very interesting and this could mean many different things , only time will tell .

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It was Americas "Credible" story of the murder of OBL self destructing.
Either that or it was the Americans BS story self destructing

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Perchance the Pakistan millitary
found the tunnels under the complex and
either collapsed them or stepped on a booby trap.

I mean it says people heard, but no one saw any explosion.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There has been speculation that authorities may demolish the house in Abbottabad to try and stop the intense media attention in the town.

An Associated Press reporting team in Abbottabad heard the blast late Sunday and was on its way to the compound.

Link

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The guy that tweeted about the helicopters at the compound isn't reporting anything

twitter.com...#!/reallyvirtual

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Fox News' Dominic Di-Natale said he could not confirm news of an explosion, but rumors are circulating that Pakistanis intend to blow up the compound to prevent the site from becoming a shrine.

The source of the blasts was not immediately clear. An Associated Press team at the compound where bin Laden was living before the April 29 raid saw no signs of unusual activity Sunday.

Link
edit on 8-5-2011 by Ancient Champion because: Typo

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Man, the CIA is getting sloppy. They forgot to update this twitter page to keep the illusion alive. See, this person was no where near bin Laden.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How convenient - it would also destroy any evidence of the fake story.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It could have unstable explosives safely distroyed by a "bomb squad".
Closely managed by Obama from the WH of course...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
theres already several tweets from pakistanis sayin that this didn't happen, and a few saying that there are troops searching the compound.....not sure where this is gonna end up

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Now reports of another explosion...

Witnesses say two loud explosions have rocked the Pakistani town where Osama bin Laden was killed in a U.S. raid.

The source of the blasts was not immediately clear. An Associated Press team at the compound where bin Laden was living before the April 29 raid saw no signs of unusual activity Sunday. www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Couple of questions.

1. Isn't there a military training center the equivalent of our West Point less than half a mile away? Do they have a test range?

2. As to the OP comment about destroying evidence:
What's in store for bin Laden's hideout?

The date thing is a bit odd. That would be April 29 local time? Which would make it April 28 in the U.S. Important to stash away for other matters.

edit on 5/8/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Maybe a rival terrorist organisation flew a 747 jetliner into the complex? Just putting it out there.
edit on 9-5-2011 by DigitalSea because: Changed word.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The guy who tweeted about the raid the other day, did tweet this earlier today:

ReallyVirtual Sohaib Athar
Alright, NOW I heard a small explosion in Abbottabad :-)
6 hours ago

new topics

top topics

join