It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Attacks on Conspiracy Theorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This was posted on the website of Foregin Affairs, pusblished by The Council on Foreign Relations.

Immediately after the death of Osama bin Laden was announced, rumors about it swirled through the streets, coffee shops, and Internet cafés of the Middle East, Pakistan, and other parts of the Muslim world. The raid took place, some claimed, only to hand U.S. President Barack Obama a political victory, or to give him political cover for the troop drawdown in Afghanistan. Other, more outlandish, theories proposed that bin Laden had been collaborating with Washington all along. Another one had it that bin Laden died years ago but that his body had been frozen and retained for later use by the United States; still others suggested that he remained alive. “There are numerous question marks still seeking clear and honest answers from the American administration,” went an opinion piece in the Palestinian paper Al-Quds Al-Arabi. “Why did we not see the corpse of the Sheikh until this moment, while all we have heard was that it was ‘buried’ at sea because his homeland the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia refused to receive it?” Some have even suggested that the world’s most wanted terrorist was not real but an American invention.

www.foreignaffairs.com...

It appears as if the MSM and the majority of respective (in the eyes of the general public) news sources, information sources and publication on foreign affairs have as expected downplayed these conspiracy's. Subsequently they have launched a campaign in reducing Osama related conspiracy's to a beakon of irrationality and a harbour for extremism, anti-Americanism and often un-patriotism.

I have never before seen such an open escalation of un sustained smear campaigns aimed to dispose of conspiracy theories while taking a side of sanity, rationality and intelectualism yet without providing factual evidence and answering simple questions from sceptics.

The government has seemingly invited conspiracy theorists to the front of the war of information- the question that I subsequently draw from this is that has this story purposely left gaps un-answered to draw conspiracy theorists out of the shadows or do TPTB seriously think we are stupid? - After 9/11 we saw a large spike in conspiracy theorist emerging from the shadows of internal retainment. After Osama's death these numbers have proceeded to rediaclly escalate. Has this been done intentionally (for whatever purposes only a conspiracy theorist can imagine)? or is this just a sheer mistake in governmental planning and a miscalculation of the publics response?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE HUMAN SPIRIT.

You ever lie to someone? Believe me, even if they bought it. It did not escape your human consciousness. Somewhere in their brain, it told them, "this person is lying". It does not matter if they bought your story or not. Somewhere deep inside that brain, they did not believe you and the truth came out.

The truth always subsides.

The problem? Sheeple.

Sheeple will critcize you, scrutinize. It's cause they're not fully awake of course.

Even with the most meticulous planning. Someone's intuition will pick up on it.

There is too too too much ... how should I say... of a human-kind spirit and force for any kind of falsehood to truly succeed. It just will not happen.

why? it's because that's how the universe works. and i said it before. the universe needs balance.

A dictator controls the planet for 1000 years... nothing but hell. believe me, a balance will come sooner or later.

and it's the truth with the 9/11 attacks. a meticulously calculated evil. and now since the universe needs balance... the truth has subsided...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE HUMAN SPIRIT.

You ever lie to someone? Believe me, even if they bought it. It did not escape your human consciousness. Somewhere in their brain, it told them, "this person is lying". It does not matter if they bought your story or not. Somewhere deep inside that brain, they did not believe you and the truth came out.

The truth always subsides.

The problem? Sheeple.

Sheeple will critcize you, scrutinize. It's cause they're not fully awake of course.

Even with the most meticulous planning. Someone's intuition will pick up on it.

There is too too too much ... how should I say... of a human-kind spirit and force for any kind of falsehood to truly succeed. It just will not happen.

why? it's because that's how the universe works. and i said it before. the universe needs balance.

A dictator controls the planet for 1000 years... nothing but hell. believe me, a balance will come sooner or later.

and it's the truth with the 9/11 attacks. a meticulously calculated evil. and now since the universe needs balance... the truth has subsided...

Amen to that one, common sense prevails all sometimes and the sheeple just don't have it. Things that should make them wake up doesn't, they keep on being asleep.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I was gonna post a related topic but couldn't find an english source on it.

Two days ago, in the dutch countries of Europe, a television docu aired about the rise of conspiracy theories. It dealth with the killing of OBL and 9/11.. Obama and the Bush administration.
They even showed pieces of Alex Jones live.
It ended with the conclusion that seeking a conspiracy in every major event is only an attempt of the human mind to fill in the gaps of what it can't grasp and that for "some" people, the truth can't be true when it is clear and simple.
Those docu makers basically made a fool out of everyone who is seeking truth in conspiracies, they had psychologists and philosophers stating that we are all paranoid or attention seeking and that a large part of the conspiracy environment is going hand in hand with political agenda's and therefor NONE of it is true. They even went as far as saying that the recent announcement of OBL killing will not affect the next elections in the US (big lol here)

I was shaking my head the entire time while watching this on national tv, thinking "why are they airing this now, and who thought it was nececary to air it and inform the sheeple with false information... after the recent events"???

One thing was clear to me right away, as the OP already stated: it seems like "they" are on the hunt for conspiracy theorists.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Thats a shame. Here in Oz, most major coverage on OBL on the MSM were talking about conspiracy theories by day two. Actually acknowledging that there were genuine questions to be asked. Barely any condescending on the matter, surprised me quite nicely
edit on 8/5/2011 by BombDefined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
maybe the CT's are getting TPTB nervous as they progress forward with their plans and BS.

they have made the effort for years to discount CT as nutters.

But hey,

Persistance and FOIA document releases have proved many CT to be factual (albeit 30-40 years later)

Tokin.
Iraq
MKUltra
CIA experimenting on Americans.
CIA running guns/drugs.

The evil ones are getting defensive.

What will we find out in 40 years time about 911?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BombDefined

Did you watch the news tonight here in Aussie? They showed the latest 2 videos and said it was to prove beyond doubt OBL died in 1st May 2011.....except the 2 videos were not only fake but they showed the "latest" pictures just before he died that flashed across our TV screens as identicle in 2006.

All Aussies I've spoken with know this is all a scam. Obama may have convienced many Americans but the real world outside of the USA are not fools.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by BombDefined

Did you watch the news tonight here in Aussie? They showed the latest 2 videos and said it was to prove beyond doubt OBL died in 1st May 2011.....except the 2 videos were not only fake but they showed the "latest" pictures just before he died that flashed across our TV screens as identicle in 2006.

All Aussies I've spoken with know this is all a scam. Obama may have convienced many Americans but the real world outside of the USA are not fools.

My mom and I thought he died years ago! Not 2003 but around 04' or 06' one....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

No actually, thought they were mostly repeating information by now. Which channel was it? Sounds a bit 7pm projecty.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Good post, friend. We are in an information war, not a doubt about it. Think about it...any story TPTB tell us on MSM TV is almost instantly taken apart by ATS members. Of course they hate us. This is the reason the Administration wishes to censor the internet, and out in fingerprint scans and facial recognition software on all home computers. So they know exactly who we are when we post. A real good reason to run Linux, and use a Proxy.

top topics

join