It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi everyone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I've had an interest in conspiracies and such for quite some time. I'm quite the sceptic person when it comes to the US Government, I'm from the UK by the way. But still, ever since the invasion of Iraq (officially to liberate the people, but we all know it was for oil) I've grown an interest in politics in the US... and now what with the news of Osama Bin Laden's death... a million questions I'm asking.

Anyway, that's just a low-down on me. Hope to learn from you all.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hawky94

Hello, and you have come to the right place. See you in the forums.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Welcome, friend!

Glad to have you.
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi,

I have also just joined and hail from the UK.

I figured I would hijack your thread instead of making my own haha.

Hope you enjoy your time here

Take care,
Reflected

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hawky94

How do you in the UK feel about millions of your tax dollars going to the royal family?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Welcome!!! If you are interested in us politics read this post and the artical attached to it. The artical is really good. If you have any questions about things on this site feel free to message me and i will help if i can.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
reply to post by hawky94

How do you in the UK feel about millions of your tax dollars going to the royal family?

Honestly, really pissed off! Why should they get money from us for anything? We should strip them of there titles and give Buckingham Palace away to the homeless.

But i guess it's better than funding illegal wars

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Is the anti-royalist movement bigger now?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

I thought so, that was until the wedding and no one seemed to care that we paid for it!

I think generally in the UK people really don't think about it that much, too busy watching Soaps on TV and getting drunk in the towns...

Mind you there where some pretty interesting riots when the students had to pay more for university, poor buggers.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In response to your comments on the Royal Wedding, I don't mind, I'm only a student so it doesn't really affect me. I personally think William's a lucky bugger... Kate Middleton is RAWR! But on to Bin Laden... why no proof? No body? Very conveniently buried at sea... and I know that standard operating procedure (SOP, I shall be using lots of acronyms on here) is to shoot twice, once above the left eye and once in the chest (as far as I understand)... but come on, the man was unarmed.

Question him, interrogate him, but why kill him, unless that was the order given, I have nothing against Barack Obama (but that's a very George Bush type of move) if the sole purpose of the op was to assassinate him, then America has a lot to answer for, why kill him? I mean I understand that this is is the top man on their 'Most Wanted' list, but still...

Anyway, I also have an interest in black operations carried out by the CIA (Gulf of Tonkin incident, false flag op), extraordinary rendition is another one of my pet peeves. I don't understand how the intelligence agencies of the United States can whisk anyone away they damn well please and interrogate them for information. Then when those turn up innocent, throw "In the interest of National Security" down our throats and expect us to conform.

Disgraceful, violates every human right in the book. I don't give a damn whether they have been ruled "Enemy combatants" or not. It's just plain wrong, in every moral sense.

Anyway, now that I'm done ranting, looking forward to hearing your views.

new topics

top topics

join