It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Footage From the International Space Station! Must See!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Today, I decided to watch the ISS live feed for a while while ATS was out. I was fortunate enough to catch the most amazing footage of the sunset from space.......there are so many things in this video, including an object that appears directly below the Earth (the moon?) I'm not sure what it is. Be patient, as it takes some time, but it is well worth it! It is better if you watch it in full screen at youtube or you may not be able to see the object I mentioned.... Enjoy!

edit on 5/7/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/7/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
the ISS live feed is awesome. the thing you gotta remember is that the iss is orbiting around the earth sideways, so what APPEARS to be under the earth, is actually beside it... I cant word that properly.... but heres what I mean...
link

its just the way the camera is set up that makes it seem like you go "under" the earth... if that helps.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Nice video!

The "object" beneath the moon is part of the light reflection on the camera lens. You can see the reflection more clearly as the video plays on.

Rat

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow, That is a really cool footage!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ratman

I was just about to post that after watching it again....thanks! It's still awesome though

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Right! It's very disorienting.......I watch that feed all the time because I am just fascinated with space. I think it is so cool to look at the Earth, knowing we are all on this huge spinning ball just floating in the vastness of space,

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
the ISS live feed is awesome. the thing you gotta remember is that the iss is orbiting around the earth sideways, so what APPEARS to be under the earth, is actually beside it... I cant word that properly.... but heres what I mean...
link

its just the way the camera is set up that makes it seem like you go "under" the earth... if that helps.

Yes. but that is true only if you are taking earth's rotation axis as a frame of reference.
Otherwise, terms as sideways and below are meaningless in space
(ie: you could say it's "on top" and it'd be valid as well)
I know, nit-pick...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

You can nit pick all you want....it's how we learn right?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Knowledge is Powerful; The ability to Learn is Ominous!reply to post by StealthyKat

Great post StealthyKat! I am becoming a fan of yours. You are absolutely right, people can knit-pic all they want. It easier to sit on the sidelines and wait for the game to be over and start the knit-picing VERSUS, being int the GAME, taking a risk, posing an idea and being vulneralbe, but able to learn and be open-minded, and then create a New Idea. ATS is such a great forum to post curious ideas and receive fabulous feedback. Continue to learn and the TRUTH will be revealed. Peace and Love!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XFilesTheTruth

Well thank you for the kind words! It's true we learn by asking questions, and also by our mistakes. I think that live feed is fascinating, as it is! If we see something new, well that's just icing on the cake right?

top topics

join