It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Accident at Plant in Mississippi USA gets Totally Ignored!!! Why?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
While reading this thread I was reminded of a debate on the radio about the safety/necessity of nuclear power plants in reference to the Fukushima disaster and how our power plants are much safer

As safe as these power plants are claimed to be any sort of natural or human induced disaster can severely damage or completely destroy said nuclear sites and disperse radioactive material over a vast area of land/sea/air poisoning the land beyond the foreseeable future. It only takes one accident/attack/act of nature. That possibility in and of itself is frightening, sad and very real.

Nice find glad you brought it to attention.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It is not "totally ignored" it is on ATS forum therefore it is not "totally ignored", as that would imply 100% nobody knows about it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

How is the disposal,safely, of nuclear waster not "pie in the sky"?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Well they have to depend on the experts, who all make a good lving at this. For example,in VT w/ the leaks this woman provides the answers : yesvy.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Dangerous stuff.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by manturnedintoagirl

Did you check out the site? I suggest you make a post on there just to annoy the blog owner

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Could it be possible this is what the FEMA coffins are for? We know the PTB have been doing weather control research for years....

From Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

Deliberate poisoning
See also: Alexander Litvinenko poisoning

On November 23, 2006, Alexander Litvinenko died from suspected deliberate poisoning with polonium-210.[22][23][24][25][26] His is the first case of confirmed death by such a cause, although it is also known that there have been other cases of attempted assassination such as in the cases of KGB defector Nikolay Khokhlov and journalist Yuri Shchekochikhin where radioactive thallium was used. In addition, an incident occurred in 1990 at Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station where several employees acquired small doses of radiation because of the contamination of a sports drink in the office drink fountain with tritium-contaminated heavy water.[27][28]
edit on 10-5-2011 by my3911 because: Grammar Correction

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ComingNext2SLC

Yucca Mountain was a safe viable solution to storing nuclear waste. Enviro-whackos kept moving the goal posts in the courts until finally it was abandoned. The storage containers nuclear waste is in now, while not as safe as Yucca Mountain, is very safe.

As an aside, my brother in law works for the Army Corps of Engineers and is in charge of a nuclear waste storage facility that is in the process of closing down. They are burying these containers in the ground and encasing them in concrete. Not an ideal solution but the only one left to them by the courts and the enviro-whackos.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This was huge release and was not given MSM coverage?

WTF???? I am shocked and appalled at this the NRC needs to get on the ball!

The Old Man River too?

Is anything sacred anymore?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

It was not a huge release. OP's site is scaremongering to further an anti-nuke agenda. It's not in the news because it was a non-event.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
reply to post by maestromason

It was not a huge release. OP's site is scaremongering to further an anti-nuke agenda. It's not in the news because it was a non-event.

You don't know the quantity of the release - the NRC claims this information is unknown. You are making unprovable claims to further a pro-nuke agenda. It's not in the news because the nuclear lobby is covering it up so the affected people's will not sue them in court for big $$$.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
reply to post by ComingNext2SLC

Yucca Mountain was a safe viable solution to storing nuclear waste. Enviro-whackos kept moving the goal posts in the courts until finally it was abandoned. The storage containers nuclear waste is in now, while not as safe as Yucca Mountain, is very safe.

Why do you call people you disagree with "enviro-whackos"?

Anyways, this has nothing to do with Yucca Mountain.

I have been begging for these radioactive waste materials to be put into safe containment facilities and the nuclear plants to be shut down permanently.

Obviously we are seeking solutions like Yucca Mountain so we can prevent further contamination of Earth's ecosystems. When space travel has been refined to a cheap affordable level, we can take that waste away from Earth if necessary.

Blame the government for screwing up, not me.
They buried that crap in the ground in extremely vulnerable conditions. I would have never agreed to something that short-sighted.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ok, the Grand Gulf spokesman, WHO WAS THERE, said the level they tested did not exceed EPA standards. The NRC is saying it did but not by how much. That suggests to me that if it does it is by a small amount. And remember, they are talking about the standard for DRINKING water. No one is drinking this water and it is by now diluted with millions of gallons of river water. Of course you're not going to believe anything from Entergy or the NRC but I'm betting when the whole story is known there was no risk to anyone.

www.sunherald.com...

I will give you the Entergy spokesman made it sound like, without actually saying it, the sensors went off almost as soon as the pumping began instead of after two days.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thank you for spreading the word!
and sadly i think no one has because the government doesn't want to look bad so it is keeping it in the underground and that is violating our first amendment!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
So, has anyone had any sort of confirmation concerning how much of this stuff was actually spilled?

Also, as far as I am aware, no one knows the amount of tritium that was released in the Grand Gulf incident.

The NRC doesn't really know (or admit if they do know), the Grand Gulf operator Entergy Corporation doesn't know how much (or don't admit it), and neither do we the people.

We have to take a common sense approach here due to lack of hard facts on actual levels of contamination. Any release is a big deal, and it's terribly negligent.

If anyone can find actual data on the quantity released we can do calculations and determine that. Problem is, there may not actually be any data to find...

Exactly, no one knows, so all the hand-wrining about how this is going to destroy farmlands and fill up FEMA coffins is speculative, fear-mongering BS.

Why assume it was a huge release when there is no info about it?

-------------------

Like I said, the REAL issue here is discovering if this was an INTENTIONAL release because of the hgh waters. You are getting distracted in your speculative fear about negligible health effects.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Deep underneath all of the "hidden agendas" and ball dropping lies something more morale and fundamental...at least in this case (throwing on the devil's advocate guise). Lets say you live in the flood zone, you just watched your whole life float away, your standing knee deep in muddy water, even your fireplace is waterlogged...and some dude with a portable radio floats by on his inflatable raft and screams "THE RADIO JUST SAID THAT NUCLEAR WASTE WAS DUMPED INTO THIS WATER AND WE ARE BREATHING IT AND ABSORBING IT RIGHT NOW AND GETTING CANCER!" Wow...uh...wow ...you want to talk about making a bad situation worse. Give them a few days to dry off and cry...then tell them they have been exposed. Kick them while they are down. The truth...as much as I want to hear it, I really hate to know it sometimes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
As a land owner in Natchez, MS I am extremely pissed!!!

My property is right next to the MS River!

WTF is going on???

I called my people down there and they told me that they have not heard a word about it! NOT ONE FREAKING WORD!!! I have Family down there and they have not heard ANYTHING about this!

This is inexcusable as a nation, and irresponsible to the citizens. Now where is all of that toxic waste heading out to the gulf, I just ate my last piece of shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico!

I am storming mad!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Star and a flag, we need to stay vigilant as it is clear that the truth will be hidden from us at all costs. Great work OP.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I wonder when our sacred Great Lakes will come across a "accident"? God forbid that were to happen.

I like the fact that we here in the Midwest Great Lakes region have our own fresh water source and it happens to be where 1/3 or the Fresh water is on Earth.

This $h!t is getting ridiculous, and is borderline treacherous!

Radioactivity CANNOT be cut with water people! These isotopes that come from nuclear power plants have long, and lengthy half-lifes, who the f$!k are they trying to fool?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

still on 1st page but this should provide at least part of the answer

since there are often shenanigans re embedding this video and it's blocked in some countries:
youtu.be...

S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join