It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Sends Aid to Alabama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Anyone else see this in MSM? Japan has sent 8000 blankets and 150 pieces of plastic sheeting to Alabama for the tornado victims. Just wondering how many of you would take a blanket from a country that's being irradiated beyond belief. Also, wondering if it's justifiable to send aid to another country while your own country is crumbling. That would bring into question whether or not the United States should be sending aid to countries like Pakistan, who harbor known terrorists, while there are so many homeless and unemployed people within it's own borders.

www.buzzmontgomery.com...

+3 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That's so humbling for us and generous on their part. All those things can be decontaminated, so that's not a big deal.

What is a big deal is that, in light of what's happening in their own country, no matter how horrible, they are still honorable enough to reach out and try to help someone else. It's an amazing gesture. I think it's an example to be followed by everyone else.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That is truly amazing... I am in awe right now 8'D, That goes to show you that the Human race is capable of helping each other up whilst falling down.

Jamie.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wow that is amazing that even though hey are having their own crisis they will still extend their hand out to Alabama. Kudos to japan!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Don't you remember in the MSM that we (The US) sent aide to Japan. I feel they are returning the aide to Alabama and the US. Sure it's wise to make sure the items sent aren't contaminated with radiation, and I'm sure that precaution was taken.

Sounds like this thread should have been a rant to me. Pakistan's economic issues and governmental choices are not natural disasters. The Japan quake and the Southern Tornadoes were.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
God Bless the kind people of Japan for their generousity at a time when their own country is experiencing such devastation. It is humbling.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Stuff like this makes me smile when other people (no matter their own situation) try to help others in the best way possible.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They are a gift giving culture and the article states that they were doing it to show appreciation for US aid. The whole country is not radioactive. Because of wind, the west coast is probably getting more radiation then most of Japan. So I wouldn't worry about that. And for the right reasons it is justifiable to give aid to other people when then need it. This seems like a good reason, to buy cooperation from Pakistan is debatable.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I like and appreciate the responses here. They are truly refreshing. You may question my motives and my methods but my actions often get positive results. You could say I know a little bit about human nature and psychology. Haven't seen a whole lot of action in the Japan forum lately so just wanted to put this out there and remind people that while they're sitting comfortably in front of their computer there are people in the world with very little comfort.

They say for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. I just hope there is enough positive energy in this world to balance it all out. Otherwise, the negative will destroy us.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This just made my day.
Just goes to show the spirit of the Japanese people.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That is great....

however .. remember in history when the gov gave the indians tainted blankets ?
Hmm

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I live in Alabama and you have no idea how awesome this is! Maybe there is hope for humanity!

top topics

join