It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Wikileaks? No worries, bub, Rupert Murdoch's got you covered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
gawker.com...#!5799112

The Wall Street Journal is trying to make a play for whistleblowers with its very own Wikileaks clone, SafeHouse. But SafeHouse is the opposite of safe, thanks to basic security flaws and fine print that lets the Journal rat on leakers.
SafeHouse, which launched today to much fanfare, promises to let leakers "securely share information with the Wall Street Journal," by uploading documents directly to its servers, just like Wikileaks! But unlike Wikileaks, SafeHouse includes a doozy of a caveat in its Terms of Use:

"Except when we have a separately negotiated confidentiality agreement… we reserve the right to disclose any information about you to law enforcement authorities or to a requesting third party, without notice, in order to comply with any applicable laws and/or requests under legal process, to operate our systems properly, to protect the property or rights of Dow Jones or any affiliated companies, and to safeguard the interests of others."

Well, thank goodness the whistle-blowers of the world now have a Fox-subsidary site on which to post incriminating info.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oh wow you have to hand it to the guys over at Fox...

If they really think any serious insiders are going to dip their fingers into this honeypot, then they're in for a juicy surprise.

I wonder how they'll outdo themselves next time?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Murdoch is the Pied Piper except when he plays his flute ( more like toots his own horn ) the media cover what he has to say. Sky News is the only channel I watch here and it's amazing the rap they show / From, what I've gathered Murdoch is a scumbag. It was funny when they said Bin Laden was dead the usual night presenters where on the hey showed Fox news and the main hitters were on. I heard a rumor that he asked Eamon Holmes to present the night coverage and Eamon told him to frig off it's 12pm and it would have gone on until about 9am.

Look on Wikipedia about this douche and read about his Secret meetings with David Cameron and Barak Obama, Obama said he was close to being a terrorist lmao

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Sad thing is, there will be many idiots (with good intentions)
that post there and get sprung

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Do not post anything sensitive there ever!!!
This is from the terms of use:

"Except when we have a separately negotiated confidentiality agreement… we reserve the right to disclose any information about you to law enforcement authorities or to a requesting third party, without notice, in order to comply with any applicable laws and/or requests under legal process, to operate our systems properly, to protect the property or rights of Dow Jones or any affiliated companies, and to safeguard the interests of others."

This is nothing but a glorified normal submission format. There is no safety at all. This is exactly why wikileaks excists in the first place.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Wow. Sure; if you build it they will come. Who wouldn't want to patronize McWikileaks. It reaaly is absurd.

On the other hand are you aware of the TOR Network and Vidalia? Google those and check it out.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Wahhhhh! That's pretty damn keen!

Thought I was going to have to set up a dark network.

new topics

top topics

join