It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will have to agree there are eleven planets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Mercury is slightly smaller in diameter than the moons Ganymede and Titan, but it is very dense, so going by mass is not an accurate description of volume.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Mercury is slightly smaller in diameter than the moons Ganymede and Titan, but it is very dense, so going by mass is not an accurate description of volume.

Oh, correct! Star for you.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I still miss Pluto. When you spend nearly 6 decades of your life taught that Pluto is a planet and then some one comes along and tells you no it's not---well they are rewriting things! the damn nit-pickin scientists

edit on 6-5-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: added to

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I think that a lot of the moons around some of the planets, are bigger than Pluto, and I consider Pluto a planet. So in my opinion there are hundreds of planets in our solar system.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyhow. I think that many of the moons are ignored, when some of them have a reasonably good chance of life.

edit on 6-5-2011 by downtown436 because: (no reason given)

All very true, but I dont believe a moon being a satelite of a planet, meets the criteria set to be planetised.

Grumpy

I still miss Pluto. When you spend nearly 6 decades of your life taught that Pluto is a planet and then some one comes along and tells you no it's not---well they are rewriting things! the damn nit-pickin scientists

I got four my self Grumpy so I can Imagine what you're go'in thru.

edit on 6-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I dont think its a sinister plot, but more along the lines of a reshuffle of thought based on new information. The idea of a planet goes way back, prior to the existance of dwarf planets. If we count Pluto as a moon, then we would actually increase the number of planets in the system going over 11, since several moons, including the earths would then qualify for planetary status.

I dont thin the term of planet or dwarf planet will make any difference in the long run. Plutos not going anywhere for a while.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think the IAU were correct in removing Pluto's planetary status. What I don't agree with is the "dwarf planet" classification that was introduced. Why can't it simply be seen as one of the largest members of the Kuiper Belt? Why did Ceres have to be reclassed as a "dwarf planet", when it makes more sense to call it an asteroid?
edit on 9-5-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Pluto will always be a Planet, to me.

If that's true, then we have at least 10 planets.
You would definitely need to include Eris, which is bigger than Pluto, and arguably include a few others.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
....The reason Pluto was declassified from planet status was that it hasn't cleared all objects from it's orbit.
So they lowered it's planet status two dwarf planet. But still a planet. Also if you click the link provided we have Eris and Ceres out beyond Pluto and according to the chart meet the same criteria. Eleven planets.
But the experts who never seem to make sense say eight. I disagree....
[emphasis mine]

OP --

For the sake of accuracy, Eris is "out beyond Pluto", but Ceres is NOT. Ceres' orbit is in between Jupiter and Mars. It's the only known dwarf planet whose orbit is not trans-Neputian (beyond Neptune).

It's also interesting to note (considering the topic of this thread) that after Ceres was discovered in 1801, it was considered to be a planet, and remained classified as such for several years.

edit on 5/9/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Makes sense to me!!!

I'm not sure if you go with the Ancient Alien theory or not, but I do, and this is making more and more sense with each new cosmic find.

It was said that our 'gods' came from the 12th Planet, and they called it Nibiru.

When that planet makes it eliptical orbit around the sun, every 2600 years, it is said to wreak havic on the Earth, and now look at our planet:

Torndaos'
Hurricanes
Cyclones
Tsunamis
Floods
Earthquakes
Waking Volcanoes

I know that this planet is used to having these type of events, but this year alone has seen way more and they have been much more devastating.

The Mayans told us that it will be in the 2012, when that 12th planet enters our orbit.

Look at all the devastation for 2011 so far......

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by satorian986
Interesting theory about 12 planets and 12 disciples.

Yep....Think of Jesus as the SON/SUN

It makes a lotta sense.

I believe that our ancient humans/Mayan knew more than we give them credit for.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Have you considered that we are missing a planet between mars and Jupiter in the asteroid belt?

I wouldn't exclude pluto as a planet. It was discovered in the era of the atomic bomb and plutonium, I find that a co-incidence I can't ignore.

Yes, and this lines up with the theory about Tiamat being that planet, smashed into Earth, and created our moon.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

For the sake of accuracy, Eris is "out beyond Pluto", but Ceres is NOT. Ceres' orbit is in between Jupiter and Mars. It's the only known dwarf planet whose orbit is not trans-Neputian (beyond Neptune).

Well you've forced me out in the open. That is to say I was just going by the information I came across. You sound way to sure of yourself for me to believe, you don't know what you're talking about. Most likely the info or
I malfunctioned in collecting data.
I'll take your word for it. Thank you also. I expect to be corrected if any part of my info has missed the mark. That's one of the best things about ATS. Wrong info does not go unchecked.

Buttercookie

I'm not sure if you go with the Ancient Alien theory or not, but I do, and this is making more and more sense with each new cosmic find.

See I do but I don't think it's same as you do. A believe there is something on an even larger scale being played out. Also that a lot of people are being played as well. We won't go there tho.

When that planet makes it eliptical orbit around the sun, every 2600 years, it is said to wreak havic on the Earth, and now look at our planet

Absolutely agree. I find it odd that there are people who don't.

Two thousand 12
12 planets
12 diciples
12 tribes
12 months
12 days of Chritmas
12 drummers drumming
I remember thinking how silly Zachariah Sitchin seemed when people would try stretching the planet count in various ways. Counting the sun or moon or even both. Funny how the timing of things seems to come together with the timing of a vortex door. In the words of Mr.Creedy, " Not so funny now is it funny man.". In fact, it could even be a bit unnerveing knowing the things we both know. Even tho we both may share a belief in a different
out come. we see the same things lining up.

Then we have those who simply refuse to see evidence of anything. They claim there is no evidence.

We're biological machines.
We have no purpose.
We have no hope
We live
We die
No reason for us even being here.
No one responsible for our existence. YARIGHT! Silly silly people.

Every design has a designer.
But even if Picaso didn't put his name to a painting. Would you still know it was a Picaso ? Would it still be a Picaso ? I believe so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join