It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the United Kingdom?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
We call it long term business. Not contracting to any company in the member states. would normally pay tax in the UK, but moved to Mexico. where I have temorary visitor status, an bank account, and no interest taken by the tax authority as long as I keep bringing in the money!!

With all the banks being bailed out, who do you think owns the banks? Yes, 50% owned by government, that is the way it is in the UK, including their ehm offshore banks, usually subsidaries of major banks in the UK. You think they dont know what bank details you have? Ofcourse they do. Even in the EU the retention tax on interest has increased from 20% to 35%, thats the price of ehm confidentiality in offshore retail banks. Im pretty sure most dont have the balances to use ehm private banks.

If you are primary domcile in an EU member state ALL bank interest is taxable. If you don't declare it for better tax rates, then you are automatically 20% atm then 35% very soon. Retention tax.

EU tax directive, read it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
as you say jump the hoops. and will be completing my tax return to the UK, complete with non resident pages. for the 5 year running.

Oh as for my bank. It is 100% Mexican owned.
edit on 6/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

as you say jump the hoops. and will be completing my tax return to the UK, complete with non resident pages. for the 5 year running.

Oh as for my bank. It is 100% Mexican owned.

They still share data.

If you are caught, you are in deep sheet. Cheaper to pay it, My salary is over 50% income tax and sales tax is 25% so I am used to paying high taxes but get so much more in return. Even shares you sell in the US now are automatically reported. No evading it (cheaply)

If they dont share the data, they are out of business.

Nobody has the funds to go up against the NWO. Those that have tried and had funds and used rightly laws, ended up in jail under other terms.

Its their game, play it or dont. Be a player or be a hippy like Jeff Minter (LLamasoft
)

edit on 6-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

1, you don't need to quote each time

2, I conform to all the requirements of non residency. so they can share all the info they want, but by all their own regulations I owe nothing to them. and they say so, in fact they even gave me the money back.

Mexico, want nothing from me because I am not a perm resident. So in the mean time I hang out where ever I am needed, on business purposes. Don't overstay any immigration period, don't contract to any company in the country I am consulting in (can't call it work)

So answer me this. If the UK doesn't want my money, and Mexico doesn't want it who do I give it too.

By the sounds of it unless you are PAYE, then look into Ltd, status, under IR35. or if you are working abroad alot. Look into Not Ordinarily Resident, If you are out or have been for more then 5 tax years your non resident IF

you you are out more than 182 days in a year AND are not in the UK more than 91 days on AVERAGE over the last 4 tax years.

even NORs can get some benefit.

How are they "going to catch me" if I am transparent and report everything to them every year. and they say , yeah thanks, you're good!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by moogins

1, you don't need to quote each time

2, I conform to all the requirements of non residency. so they can share all the info they want, but by all their own regulations I owe nothing to them. and they say so, in fact they even gave me the money back.

Mexico, want nothing from me because I am not a perm resident. So in the mean time I hang out where ever I am needed, on business purposes. Don't overstay any immigration period, don't contract to any company in the country I am consulting in (can't call it work)

So aswer me this. If the UK doesn't want my money, and Mexico doesn't want it who do I give it too.

How are they "going to catch me" if I am transparent and report everything to them every year. and they say , yeah thanks, you're good!

As long as you declare everything in your primary domcile country and to the countries you are working in. no problem
If they really want you , im sure they will find other reasons, they usually do
Thats how they work lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
primary domicile is UK - They don't want it.

Dont report anything to countries I am in, as I am on business and not working.

What can I say

the NWO have ways and means, if you play the game.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I imagine Scotland is fed up with England. I certainly am. It appears that voters have resoundingly voted against electoral reform. So now we can expect another century of alternating Labour / Conservative governments pursuing the same narrowing, increasingly right-wing agenda. What's to stay part of the UK for?

Really Scotland should have got out when North Oil and Gas was developed and subsequently privatised over thirty years ago. Any wealth Scotland had has long been looted.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well done for bring us back to topic!! hehehe

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sorry about that. Re: your personal tax issues, I recommend you don't mess with the IR. They are worse than the mafia. I've known people who had breakdowns over back taxes.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by moogins

That's the first time I heard that. and I too have worked all over Europe.

The EU is the EU, and if you are European you have the right to live anywhere in it. without visa. you only need residence permit if you originate from outside the EU.

I never said visa did I. Residence permit is so they can tax you thats all they care about.

basic rule is 5 years (with an supportable income / job) and after that its pretty much automatically a so called "permenant" residence permit ( no longer the requirement to have the ability to "support yourself" either bank balance calculated on their living costs or a job with income).

You can enter their state but have to leave within 3 months without a permit, so just cross a border and come back
But as with all taxing the more you stay in their state you are considered that to be your primary domcile and thus pay their taxes. Usually a set time per tax year (accumulated).

If you really want into the nitty gritty.

edit on 6-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

Okey, I have read what you are saying here but I think that many things you say here are only valid if your origin comes from some certain EU countries with more restrictions and rules regarding the rest of the Western countries.

I know for example a couple of people from former Eastern Europe who definitely had more problems than me with several permits, demand for residence permit etc etc.

And they would fit your description and most of what you have said here.

I as full EU citizen on the other hand, have had absolutely no demand for any permits when working in several countries in Europe, from day one I paid those country's taxes and the ONLY demand in SOME countries was that if I stayed more than 3 months in one of those countries, I needed to register my street/town adress where I stayed/lived so the Police knew where I was if they wanted to pick me up for some possible future criminal activities perhaps!

But I don't need any special PERMITS at all for moving/working and staying/living in any country of my choice in the EU - as long as I have employment/own company OR as long as I can really certify to the local authorities in those countries that I'm serious about looking for new employment or start-up a new company - and I can do this with all my unemployment benefits intact from my country of origin as well.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Don't worry mate, I have an agent who takes care of it for me
I;m not messing with them. I am just using their own regulations, and not living there helps also.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So, as most of you will not be aware. Today we are seeing the results of a round of voting in the UK, including voting on Scottish Parliament members.

Surprisingly or not, the SNP (Scottish National Party) have gained an overall majority of the seats in the Scottish house of Parliament. Within hours of this, the media in the UK has stated, even has been responded to seriously by the Prime Minister David Cameron, the idea of Scottish independence from the United Kingdom. This is being seriously mooted by the MSM.

They is already talk of a "referendum" on the matter, Word is, is that the SNP are now saying that this ideal and result is a mandate from the people of Scotland. Although their election campaign did not touch on this issue, whereas the Scottish Labour Party were using it as a scare tactic in theirs. I guess it did not work, at least for the SLP.

Should such a referendum occur, and the Scottish people decided to vote yes for an independent Scotland. Does this mean that we can then have and independent England?

What would it mean for our armed forces?
What would it mean for "British" Oil and Gas fields that were developed by British Companies, by the UK, but would then lay in "Scottish" waters?
Could Scotland survive economically with the umbilical cord to Westminster cut, and without the Billions of pounds of subsidies given by the British government each year!?
What about their free university places?

If this happens. I say good, reinvest it back into England and Wales, and leave them to it

What would happen to their Nationality, or passports? Surely they would not be allowed to keep British Citizenship? What about membership to the European Union? Surely they would have to demonstrate they can meet the requirements? Just as other applicant members must.

Protection under NATO? Membership of the IMF and World bank? What about the UN??? all of which they have enjoyed under the umbrella of the United Kingdom, which they would then not be a part of.

Would they still wish to exists as a Crown protectorate, as the Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands??

Should the UK Government resist this, in the face of resurgent Scottish Nationalists. If such resistance escalated could we see Scottish Regiments, who have served with honour, distinction and loyalty to the Crown rebel against their oath to the Crown? Worst case, scaremongering scenario, civil war??

Indeed the SNP and people of Scotland have much to lose, and much to consider should they embark on the path to separate themselves from the UK.

In turn, so do the English. If this happened at least we would no longer have Scottish MP's voting on issues that affect England in the Houses of Parliament, while English MPs are prohibited from voting on Scottish issues in Hollyrood.

This is more than a bad Mel Gibson film!

edit on 6/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: Spelling and Grammar

As a scottish person, the idea of independence is what i want to become reality...now more than ever. The SNP promised us a referendum on independence when they were first voted into power many years ago..thats why they got the votes in the first place. Today in Scotland, we have recognised that the SNP have not put much wrong, they are fighting for Scotland and our rights. Along with this we are being ruled by idiots in London who year after year make the wrong choices, whilst we in Scotland, who can do it ourselves have to tag along with London. There are many reasons why independence would work, and why i want it. They are...

1. We wouldnt be ruled by a government that cares about London and the SE rather than the UK
2. We wouldnt be associated with the war mongering of the UK and USA
3. We would be able to develop our culture further, promote tourism further and take care of our own the way WE see fit

To answer some of your questions on NATO etc. I HOPE TO GOD that when we get independence (which will happen one day) that we DONT join NATO, or the EU. Infact i would like to see huge signs erected along our border clearly stating that we are NOT associated with them at all. As for the Oil issue, you say british companies, but Aberdeen is the Oil capital of Europe and the majority of oil companies in Europe either have their headoffice or a big presence in Aberdeen. Scotland would have their own taxation system, that would encourage business and growth so i doubt the would be running away from us. The majority of the oil fields are off the coast of Scotland, so it would be scottish waters, not british. Scotland generates a huge income for the UK for its population, more than enough to provide for itself, even without oil.

Scotland has the following industries to assist it. Finance (edinburgh is 11th largest centre in Europe), textiles, whisky, electronics, manufacturing, tourism, agriculture, energy, insurance, fishing, but to name a few. Until recently, Scotland was one of the major powerhouses of Europe, with Glasgow being the second city in Europe to reach a population of over 1,000,000.

Scotland gets allocated £33,000,000,000,000 a year (approx) to spend on its healthcare, education etc from London, yet it generates £137,000,000,000,000 for the UK.

Something tells me we will be fine!

Goodbye UK (only 300 years too late)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

While I have no issues with you sentiments I can assure you that London does not and never has cared about my county and you can't get more southern than South Country folk.. It is a fallacy to think that London cares about anything outside London (except our oil that is
)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Before you get too excited about independance, there is a lot of road to travel from the SNP giving the people of Scotland a vote on independance to the people of Scotland wanting to disolve the Union, and that is a huge issue that the SNP seem to have bypassed.

I can not see the SNP delcaring UDI if the Scottish people vote in favour of disolving The Union. And that is a big ask. It would be years after a vote for independance before all the issues about the Acts of Union would be resolved and any amendment to the Acts if Union would require an act of parliament.

How much of Scotland's GDP is based on the fact that Scotland is part of the Union. I have not seen any economic figures based on Scotland being independance. Would Scotland survive without trade agreement with the EU? If Scotland wants independance and does not want to be part of the EU, Scotland would have to trade with the EU, it closest business partners as just another trading partner and how to charge taxes and duty of all exports to the EU. That would reduce any economic advantage that Scotland enjoys was part of the EU.

And would the whole of the UK get the vote of disolving the Union?
edit on 7-5-2011 by Freedom ERP because: Enhancing answer

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Hi again

First Scotland as part of europe -well that should be a hanging offence

Second Scottish parliament with any english parties, as above

Third there are no britons -just Anglosaxons a race the indegioneous people of Southern Scotland waged war over for years.

Fourth go away and leave us in peace- you know you want to

Fith As anyone knows democracy is a young child surrounded by peodophiles- the majority is not always right
edit on 15-5-2011 by firecircle because: additional info

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by firecircle

Saw a news report about the proposed Scottish independance the other night.Where they showed what a Scittish passport would look like.

I spat my wine across the room, when I saw emblazed on the top

European Union
Scottish Passport

Cheeky sods I thought if they think that membership is automatic just because the UK is a member. Surely the rules of admission should re apply as a new nation.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The majority of Her Majestey's S.A.S are Scots-makes you think lol

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by firecircle

Hi again

First Scotland as part of europe -well that should be a hanging offence

Second Scottish parliament with any english parties, as above

Third there are no britons -just Anglosaxons a race the indegioneous people of Southern Scotland waged war over for years.

Fourth go away and leave us in peace- you know you want to

Fith As anyone knows democracy is a young child surrounded by peodophiles- the majority is not always right
edit on 15-5-2011 by firecircle because: additional info

1, Agreed then when you join we wont have to listed to bagpipes again
2, Ditto westminster but with the Scots or any scottish national MPs especially Gordon F'ing Brown and that twat Darling.
3, not true, I will try to find a link to the documentary, it was very interesting
4, You got it, but we get to keep the gas, and demand tribute in smoke salmon, in return for protecting you from Viking invaders
5, Agreed the majority are usually sheep!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by firecircle

Do you have evidence of that? or would you be breaking the official secrets act

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What regiment were you in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join