It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the United Kingdom?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

yes

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Retired- Medically

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by firecircle

From which regiment? unless you're going to tell me the 22 SAS

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

As a matter of fact I'm going to tell you nothing-retired means retired
ex corde caritas.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Indeed but the question was, What regiment were you? not what status are you now!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
But anyway do you really think that Scotland would vote yes in a referendum for independence?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As regards to the Army.

Scotland will join up with Britain if it faces war in the future even if it does vote for independence. Look at Ireland and England for gods sake Ireland declared itself neutral in 1939 and keep it neutrality until the end of World war 2, but still amazingly 70,000 thousand to 200,000 Irishmen still went over to England and fought for the queen and her country, remarkable number considering the history between the two islands!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

yes

There are parts of Scotland that are forever england -most noticeably Edinburgh. The truth however is far more complex-ask any white settler in the last twenty years. Scotland is far more than the central belt and in truth there is a far more complex pleathora of feelings than exists in England at this time.
So would we succeed? Oh yes will the Febs ever believe it -No but it's real and it must and will happen. Forget you're programming and as the colonials say smell the coffee.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I could be for an independant Scotland as much as I am for an Independant England.

My fear is that as we have at the moment, is that in such a development. My hope would be that all Scottish MP would be exprelled back to Edinburgh.

Only for the reason that, unlike now where the Scottish parliament has right of vote on it's own issues, the :English" parliament can still be influenced by Scottish MP's

Which in the case of an Independant England & Scotland is not ideal.

I have seen people here say all Scots should be deported, and visas required for cross border travel. I do not do so far. But given our history, I just find it a shame

Divorce always affects the children more!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I've heard the same arguments the other way round. In fact on being asked if they were racist I've heard someone say "I don't care what colour you are as long as you aren't English". In the end it's a complex issue and the lowland Scots have a different agenda from the Highlanders. How to make it work-don't know but it sure as hell won't have anything to do with the wannabes in Edinburgh. I feel we should make the break and deal with the fallout- and I agree that we should have no influence or indeed prescence in westminster, but again the wannabes like brown would never agree to that. Everyone seems to forget it was under a Scots King that the Union of The Crowns started and as such it is Scotland that should end it ,but fully aware that they give up any sway held in England. After that we should settle things our own way.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Indeed everyone has the right to their own destiny. And I am sure that for those like me, that consider themselves English first, there are those that consider themselves Scottish first also.

However our two countries have been joined together for hundreds of years, and now share common ancestry,

The English gave up their right of self determination in the name of the British Nation, to the point we are "oppressed" more than the other members of the union.

But that still doesn't men I want to see the breakup of my country. What's next? An independent Wales. Cornwall.

The issue is not being independent from England. But saying, you know what guys, I no longer want to be part of your union!.

if that the case, we might as well forget the whole thing. Disolve the commonwealth, hold referendum in Australia Canada, New Zealand on the Monarchy And she can go back to being just Queen of England. and that's it.

I just can't see how it could be good for us as one nation!

Lmao the English are "oppressed". After what you English did to the Welsh, Scottish and then Irish peoples you don't deserve to exist. Heck look at all the "good" Englishmen and Englishwomen that immigrated to America and what they have done. Slavery, KKK, WKKK, segregation and discrimination against non-Anglo's(Anglo-Americans discriminated against almost everyone for awhile, hence their drive to create the concept of "white" to try and "white-wash" their crimes).

P.S I hope Wales leaves too! After almost a thousand years or more of raping, pillaging, stealing and destroying their culture they are very deserving of Independence and in fact you English rapist's should be made to pay restitution for the next 500 years for what you and your ancestors did and are doing to them!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Can i just clarify that the only reason the SNP won the overall majority and basically wiped the floor here in Scotland is because of one simple statement that they made.

"The SNP will hold a referendum on Independence".

This statement won the election for them. I voted for them, as did most of my family and friends. (and clearly the country).

Scottish people are FED UP with being part of the UK and we know we can do it on our own, it is OUR choice, no one else's and when this referendum happens, Scotland will be victorious and the people of our brilliant, beautiful and proud nation will finally be free of the oppression, tyranny and disgusting behavior of politicians south of the border.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

And just to add, 90% of the UK's oil and gas fields would be in Scottish Waters, and yes, Scotland could easily survive on their own...and anyone who believes the tripe from Westminster that we couldn't are as gullible as the come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join