It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same Dream Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Is it possible to orchestrate what your dreams at night are? For example, if I had a dream once and wanted to remember what it was like is there anything I could do to have that same dream again? It would be really cool if anybody could truthfully help me out. Thanks.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yeah it is.
I myself have this all the time. When I goto sleep I'm like "would be nice to dream about this" or "that dream a while ago was nice" and before I know it, I'm back in that dream.

Every dream I have, I'm in full control of my actions and perceptions, in some cases even being able to explore the world my dream is in by flying around it.

JAK

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
thematrix

Do you mean that you have lucid dreams every night?

Every dream I have, I'm in full control of my actions and perceptions

And you are aware that you are dreaming? Therefore can do anything.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It happens to me all the time. Sometimes you are in a really good dream and an alarm clock or something else wakes you up and your dream goes uncompleted. You go back to sleep with the hope of continuing the previous dream, but it never comes back.

Well, many of my dreams repeat/continue and I get all the deja vu feelings in the dream itself, but these are not the dreams I want to repeat or continue. Contrary to the views presented by thematrix, I can't control which dreams get repeated and which do not. I wish I could!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I've been after Lucid Dreams for a LONG TIME now... Being able to control what i do in the dream world in making decisions based on the dream world (Aint that just like reality?). Anyways...The only thing i dont know when i'm dreaming is...that i am dreaming. So i never have been having the lucid dreams that i want. Meaning i cant go and start flying around, or take absollute control of the dream and do whatever i want. I can do what i want based on the dream i'm having...just reacting to the dream i'm having.

But i'm going to remedy that.

I've been having more and mroe and more of the dreams where i can react to....No wi just have to make them lucid...where i know i'm dreaming and take absolute control over them. I've started using Self Hypnosis through the use of mIRC.... Taking myself into Trance through mIRC and hypnotising myself to try and meet tihs end. I've done this for 3 days and they are getting stronger..... So i will continue this and find a way to make myself realise that i am in fact dreaming.

I'm sure you would be able to reconstruct a dream that you've already had and have it again.

But wouldn't it be better to have lucid dreams where you are in control, and tell yourself in the dream that youa re going to create that same dream again.....or perhaps make a different better dream up for yourself to play in? ;p

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
one of my craziest dreams that i remember had to be the one with the alien military camp that had organic walls that looked like the inside of a human body, the walls kept sucking and jiggling, then water elementals raided the place and were slicing the heads off the aliens so i hid myself into a breathing wall. heh

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
[edit on 1-8-2004 by DaRAGE]

JAK

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I've only ever had three lucid dreams in my life. In two of them when I realised I was dreaming I woke up pretty much straight away, the third lasted a little longer, but not much.

I have been thinking about this though and any possible repercussions of constant lucid dreaming. It is understood that a lack of sleep can have detremental effects of a persons health, and I think I am correct in thinking that the lack of proper sleep has the same effects also, (where subjects have been woken prematurely denying them REM sleep). Apart from possible problems reguarding REM sleep and all it entails, I also thought of something else.

Now this might seem a bit far fetched, but bear with me.

When lucid dreaming, even in the brief time when I realised my situation, the feeling was fantastic. I was standing on a hill when I realised it was a dream, so I thought, "Well in that case, I'll fly/levitate over to the path." which I promptly did. That was it.

That was the end of the longest lucid dream I've ever had, it could have been about 30 seconds. But if there was a specific technique which ensured lucid dreaming, and anyone could do it with ease; Could it lead to a new kind of addiction?

Now hold on a sec before you all vote me 'Tin-Foil hat of the week'.

I realise that the concept of 'Dream Junkies' may sould like something out of a 2000AD comic book, but I'm seriously wondering. After all, isn't the purpose of an addicts chosen drug to enable them to escape from reality?

What then could be better that to be in a world where you are a god? Where the only limit to your abilities or the events occuring is your own imagination. Perhaps also the only aid needed would not be such as Crack or Heroin along with the expense they incur, but a few sleeping pills.

A bottle of 'Night Nurse' and you rule the world.

Instead of being asked "Oi guv, any small change?" the new thing could be homeless addicts saying to passers by... "Shhhhh."

Could 'Dream Junkies' become a reality? It seems a hell of an escape from the real world.

Jack

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have done that before. I had a really cool dream, of which I woke up and didn't complete. I thought a lot about returning to the dream and eventually I did. It is a weird feeling, but gratifying.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
"Is it possible to orchestrate what your dreams at night are?"

Absolutely as I have firsthand experience. As a teenager
I used to continue my dreams from one night to the next,
because i wanted to see what happened next. I'd write
down where the dream ended, and recall the scene as I
was falling asleep the following night.

new topics

top topics

join