It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEET Iran's possible "New President"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his chief of staff, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, who is described as the actual president of Iran by allies of the countrys supreme leader.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45d36f3ff1f1.jpg[/atsimg]Source
While surfing through the quagmire of Iranian threads, I found this little bit of info rather interesting. I thought I'd post it here and see what some think. Now the link goes on to talk about some possible trumped up charges of 'sorcery' but this thread isn't about that. There are already a few threads on that topic.

What caught my eye is "Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei" being described as the actual President and close Allie of the Supreme leader. Now those of us who have been following this story know that there is a rift between the two. Some believe it's as always a "CIA, Mossad, MI5" plot which of course they throw in Operation Ajax as proof etc. While others see it simply as an internal power struggle.

So whatever side of the issue one may find themselves I wouldn't be surprised with all that IS going on behind the scenes over in Tehran that we will be seeing a lot more of Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei in our future methinks.

Stay tuned.....

Who is Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76acf3c360ce.jpg[/atsimg]

Source
Although never elected to office, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei is a major political figure, with speculation mounting that he may be a presidential candidate in 2013. Who is Mashaei, besides chief of staff for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Mashaei was issued a visa to participate in the U.N. General Assembly celebration of the Persian New Year (Nowruz) on March 21, but the visit was canceled after it stirred controversy among Mashaei's opponents.

Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei was born in 1960 in a northern Iranian village. He participated in his town's revolutionary rallies as an 18-year-old and studied electrical engineering at Isfahan University after the Revolution. In 1981, Mashaei joined the Revolutionary Guards' intelligence unit after the Mojahedin-e Khalgh instigated an armed campaign against the Iranian government during the Iran-Iraq War. He was later dispatched to Kurdistan, where Kurdish militants were battling forces loyal to the newly formed Islamic Republic. Mashaei championed a cultural-propaganda campaign, rather than a purely coercive counterinsurgency, to deal with the Kurds.

edit on 6-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Is it just me or....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Seems like the same senario with Russia And putin

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Is it just me or....

That caught me by surprise. While typing out this thread I couldn't help but think that I've seen him someplace before and that he reminded me of somebody.

Now I know.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you sure that's Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei????
Looks like that actor "Borat" to me....

I think your right... some kind of maneuvering going on here... but what???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Slayer
nice find bro

looks like the changing of the guard
at Buckingham Palace.

Nut I will agree with the poster above.
I thought he looked like Mr. Bean
before i even saw his post with the pic.
lol

but what are the new guys policies ??
hard liner ??
death to Israel type of guy??
just who is he ???
I bet the DC think tanks are
on a binge right now.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Isn't this the guy who was just arrested for witchcraft and for conjuring djinns? I think his star may have just crashed.

Several people said to be close to the president and his chief of staff, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, have been arrested in recent days and charged with being "magicians" and invoking djinns (spirits).

Link to Full Article (Guardian)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Does Ahmadinejad have a secret brother? Who the hell is this guy? This is a pretty interesting development. I'll def be keeping tabs on this in the future.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've been in meetings for the past 5 hours so my brain is kinda fuzzy at the moment. So, I may be mistaken or misreading...

But - from following this for a little bit I'd thought that Mashaei was buddies with Ahmadinejad and on the outs with the Ayatollah as mentioned in this article..

Iran's president and supreme leader in rift over minister's reinstatement

Conservatives believe that the increasing tension between Ahmadinejad and Khamenei stems from the growing influence of Mashaei, who is being groomed by Ahmadinejad as his possible successor.

Mashaei, whose daughter married Ahmadinejad's son, has become the most controversial figure in Iran, provoking harsh criticism from conservatives by favouring a greater cultural openness and opposing greater clerical involvement in the regime.

Mashaei, who champions a nationalist narrative of Iran's history, was himself forced to step down as Iran's first vice-president in July 2009 when Khamenei intervened in an unprecedented move and said in a letter that "the regime's expediency" required Mashaei to go. Ahmadinejad, to the surprise of many, then appointed Mashaei as his chief-of-staff instead.

I was thinking that if Ahmadinejad is forced out, but that his backers have enough sway then Mashaei will become president - which could lead to even worse tensions with the Ayatollah. However that if Ahmadinejad is forced out and his backers hold no power then Mashaei will be gone too. Either way I'm guessing Mashaei is pulling all the strings he can behind the scenes..

I'm I mixed up about Mashaei and the Ayatollah?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is actually going to change the game in politics in this region, because this guy isn't part of the Order. Stay tuned for retaliation from the West.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
looks like the changing of the guard
at Buckingham Palace

I don’t see the similarity to be honest.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Might be a stupid question, but here goes. . .

Does this change in Iran reflect the changes and attitudes of Israel?
Israel is not getting the support it once had from the west, has increased pressures from Gaza, and a more overt sense of it's enemies in the region.

Could this be Iran "blinking"?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Just from his look and face I can tell he holds himself in high regard, and he does look to be a back door leader of some kind. What I feel is that he's a kinder, gentler Adolf Hitler, minus the genocide. I'm mean the nationalistic and cultural side of Hitler people forget. His actions will prove if he is as evil as Hitler or something all his own, as I do see him as likely taking office one day.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick

Isn't this the guy who was just arrested for witchcraft and for conjuring djinns? I think his star may have just crashed.

Several people said to be close to the president and his chief of staff, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, have been arrested in recent days and charged with being "magicians" and invoking djinns (spirits).

Link to Full Article (Guardian)

You know there are so many conflicting stories floating around. It's hard to nail down whats fact and whats speculation.

Time will tell.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Yeah I've read that one as well.

Found this just Googling around.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/869b7a72a4b6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I dunno, Slay, apologies, but I'm not sure what to say, really...

Haven't kept up at all with events in Iran, so this is a "layman's" post, if you will, but, a bunch of folks being arrested, including this guy, for sorcery strikes me as just weird.

Perhaps it's the norm over there. But powerful politicos? Hmmm.

He most likely will be the next official president just from what I see here and at the link... perhaps it is to play with the heads of those in the West. Buy some time? Maybe then things will get "better.?" Maybe not!

But I can say that the picture Slay posted in response to Frogs doesn't give me a lot of confidence, though. I mean, look at that look in his eye!

Yeesh!

Peace,
Pixel

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad Floored By Bugs, Spirits, And Djinns

While the row appeared to be over control of one of the Islamic republic's most sensitive ministries, the trigger seems to have been Rahim-Mashaei. The "Los Angeles Times" reported on May 2 that Ahmadinejad had tried to dismiss Moslehi after it emerged that Rahim-Mashaei's office had been bugged by the Intelligence Ministry and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC).

Ahmadinejad only reemerged from what has been described as a prolonged sulk on May 1, when he chaired a cabinet meeting. Moslehi is reported by some accounts to have been asked by the president to leave the cabinet's most recent meeting, on May 4. Meanwhile, Ahmadinejad has had to endure the indignity of a chorus of public warnings from senior clerics close to Khamenei about the need for obedience to the supreme leader.

edit on 6-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Time will tell.
Lot's of hearsay at the moment.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Is it just me or....

That caught me by surprise. While typing out this thread I couldn't help but think that I've seen him someplace before and that he reminded me of somebody.

Now I know.

Looks a lot like Yabba Dabba Jihad, too. Could be the illicit love child born of a cross between the two....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Is it just me or....

I was thinking the same thing. Star for you

Slayer, I just wanted to post in here so I could find it again tomorrow. I'm busy at the moment, but I definitely want to get into this. TTY brother. Semper Fi.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join