It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EQ in UK Imminent?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
reply to post by ararisq
My next bet would be, besides the 'little ones' which include California, possibly Alaska....but don't think so...will be in southern Europe which will trigger a major tsunami along the Mediterranean fault. There, stuck my neck out!

Sorry to bump an old post, but thought that was interesting given the EQ in Spain a few days ago.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chriswok

You have not 'bumped' my thread, infact you are showing the 'dots' that could join up to warn us in the UK of consequences happening elsewhere are in fact going to have an impact here IMHO.

Thank you, especially as I posted that before the event in Spain. However, I did not pin point Spain, I said the Mediteranean. I will clarify. When the Spanish EQ happened, another 4. something happened just off the shores of Morocco, very close to the Mediterranean fault line. You can quite clearly see this fault line disecting the Mediterranean Sea from the Atlantic fault right through eastwards where it turns northwards through Turkey'ish. I have been following EDIS since about Christmas, some might say unhealthily, but my argument is I don't follow football, or collect stamps! I digress. I have noticed that EQ's have been occuring in increased frequency, less depth, and increased strength in these last 5 months along the northern shores of the Med. Greece in particular is being bombarded. Given that most of the Aegean sea Islands are results of volcanic activity, I am now finding it quite worriesome. Also these quakes and the ongoing quakes that Christchurch and now many other parts of New Zealand are experiencing let alone Japan are going 'un-noticed. More on these and their significance below.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

The above link is to one that happened there earlier today. Look at the map, there are 3 volcanoes so close to the epicentre! Also if you look just outside the ring to the West you will find Thira, known today (commercially speaking!) as Santorini. We know volcanoes are linked by fisures where magma can travel from one volcano to another depending on underlying plate pressures etc. Hawaii and Iceland are two cases in point. (It is interesting that the BBC re-ran a programme they did on the Atlantis mystery based on Plato's writings just last week end, followed up by a archaeological/history programme the next day on BBC2....are we being pre-warned?). Santorini is the 3rd in the list for the biggest eruption that expelled most volcanic debris in our history, the first two being down in the SW of the Pacific Ring of Fire around New Zealand (Mount Taupo), and Indonesia (Mount Tambora). Please use this link and scroll down for the listing of supercolcanoes.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

What I find interesting that just in this month alone 2 'supers' Valles Caldera New Mexico 5th May and Lacher Zee Germany on the 11th, were both recorded as 'kicking off' as I call it. But also notice that Mount Aso Japan 28th feb, and Kikai Caldera Japan, 28th April also kicked off. (The Japanese EQ has resulted in 20, yes that's right, 20 japanese volcanoes going off, notably Sakurajima just SW of Tokyo). Finally Mount Tambora (as previously mentioned) 23rd March also kicked off. Previous to the 28th Feb (Mount Aso Japan) NOT ONE of the 'Supers' were active. And we're worried about Yellowstone! Pah!

My take on all this and returning now to the UK, is something I have mentioned before...the 'jack hammer' syndrome. With constant vibrations of this frequence, no wonder depth is decreasing and strength is increasing, and therefore weakening any existing fault lines. This given time has a knock on effect to faults further away.

I find it interesting that at the moment PuterMan can find no explanation for the seismo's recorded in Market Rasen. I do hope he finds some sort of 'man made' explanation, if just to debunk 'what I have seen'.

Just thought I would put this info 'out there' for you guys.

Thank you all who have posted since my last one.

rainbows
jane

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Not wishing to derail the thread as the MR element is important to get resolved, but I had to take up your Greek theory.

Yes depths are reducing, but magnitudes are also reducing on average, and the graph below shows that this is a pattern since the time of increased depths resulted in increased magnitudes and before that it was as it is now. This is only for 3.0+ quakes.

The graph covers 01/01/2010 to today for all quakes in Greece, including Crete, and the Islands and seas. The blue depths are negative figures with the axis on the left, and the red are the magnitudes with the axis on the right. I left the dates out as it was very cluttered with them in. The increased depth and magnitudes is from approximately Aug 2010 to Jan 2011.

The larger quake I anticipated in Jan/Feb of this year did not really materialise. It was based on a three year pattern, but it is not a tight pattern and did not run true for 2011. It only managed a 5.2 in Crete but I was expecting a 6.5 more in the middle around the area of Santorini. It could happen yet, but probably not until October(ish) now.

Disclaimer: The graph was sharp when I uploaded it. When ATS Media crunch it they remove sufficient detail in the 'optimising' process to make it look fuzzy!

edit on 15/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

A clearer copy will be available for a few weeks.

edit on 15/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I can only hope the best for this world at this point

our earth is going through changes and natural disasters are bound to happen

I can only hope the best for the people involved and that they can stay safe

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
PuterMan, I don't understand the chart! Are you saying that EQ's in Greece are getting stronger, shallower and increasing in frequency?

Also, the link to EDIS showing the 2.0 in St Just was supplied bu UK BGS. Still can't fathom the delay....ho hum.

By the way, what does S&F mean please? A few people have said this at the end of their posting.

Off to bed....hope nothing 'exciting' happens while I dose!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
By the way, what does S&F mean please? A few people have said this at the end of their posting.

Off to bed....hope nothing 'exciting' happens while I dose!

Rainbows
Jane

S&F means "Star and Flag", something forum goes can do to show their approval of a post and/or thread.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I thought this might be of some interest regarding Market Rasens activity

weightloss.robertsinternetreviews.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

What's that link about, random blogger spamming unsubstantiated theories on a weight loss website - am I missing something?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

No it's not. It's about Market Rasen seismic data...no idea why weightloss is mentioned!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Read your last post wrong. I just thought it might be of interest that others are questioning whats going on around there also.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Bex...THANK YOU...excellent work! So now we know for sure that MR is on a fault line so it must be picking up all the seismic activity going on in Europe...which is steadily creeping north, ie Poland this last week end.

Also I would just like to add that apparently my thoughts about EQ's 'jack hammering', this is apparently called 'creep'!

www.usgs.gov...< br />
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

What worries me also, is Cumbrias fault lines...

lakeuk.blogspot.com...

What with Sellarfield being there.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Oh, that's nice! Thank you. Maybe we should have a 'British' version just for this thread.....like F&C (Fish 'n' Chips!) I am sure I could think of some more...but I haven't had my second cup of tea yet!

Rainbows
jane

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Brill Bex...yet again. If you look back and have a look at the link I posted for Anglesey I was gobsmacked that there were fault lines there...having grown up there I thought we were as solid as a rock! There is a nuclear power plant there too called Wylfa. They are in the process of building a new one called Wylfa B......don't you just hate it when they add the alphabet to these places....always sounds ominous IMHO.

The main thing with Cumbria is that these fault lines were caused by ice. Now my recolection from Uni days is that these faults do not pose the same problem as other types of faults...i.e. volcanic faults like the Atlantic fault. Not to say that they wouldn't shake a bit if there was a major EQ somewhere else as they are a weakness.

Rainbows
jane

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

No weaker and shallower.

LMK

This is an email exchange I have had with BGS about LMK

BGS:

As you have already surmised our seismic station, LMK, is located in an area where there is high background/cultural noise. Most of this noise is from generators situated near our site, which were, unfortunately, installed after our equipment was operational. It is also located fairly close to a railway line that is used for conveying train loads full of stones i.e. they don't operate to a specific timetable as the passenger trains that you have already investigated.

ME:

Thanks for the reply. I had guessed it was man made as for the most part the 'noise' is confined to a band of time which is fairly constantly defined.

The seismo is 1.7km from the railway line. Why would the stone loads produce a much larger signal? In other words if the times that I indicated showed little or no effect, how much larger would the effect of a stone load be? (This is why I need the sound!)

May I ask what sort of generators these are? Are we talking mega big ones and what are they serving? I ask because as you are aware I see similar signals else where - Arkansas, Yellowstone to mention a couple, and I would like to be able to positively identify these by the sound of the interference as that is how I do most of my identification. You can 'hear' so much more than you can see on the rather 'inaccurate' screen plots that we are able to get as members of the public.

BGS:

I've passed your enquiry on to our technicians as the signals you are interested in is the signals that I'm not interested in. We have wanted the site moved for a while now.

FYI ... Our technicians have just told me that LMK is about to be decommissioned and moved to a quieter site, once one has been found.

I guess you won't have to worry about LMK. I also think that if they are moving it then it is because of the reasons stated. I will let you know when the technicians contact me.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thank you PuterMan for all the work you have put into this. It has been much appreiated. In the meantime I'll keep watching these charts!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
UPDATE

There was a small EQ just outside Blackpool yesterday/day before, and now this in the Highlands of Scotland just posted by EDIS

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join