It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EQ in UK Imminent?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Edis report EQ 12 days after the event

EDIS put up a report last night of a EQ in St Just mag 2.0 that happened on the 1st MAY!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

There is a military airbase near St. Just called Culdrose, some of you might recognise this as a USAF base, based on the most southerly tip of UK. However EDIS say it has moved to Yorkshire.

What say you Puterman about the 'ground reports' of vibrations'minor shakes felt in Market Rasen I reported on above?

Rainbows
jane

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I had some problems with getting the data as I said, and was waiting for BGS to respond. Today they did just that and to their credit sent me the whole day's worth of data for the 4th May that I had requested despite the fact that they said that requests are normally for a few minutes of data. Perhaps they took note of the reason I wanted the data.

They also said that if I need data like this again then I should email the person who responded and they would place it on their ftp site (as they have done today)

I believe that could be considered going the extra mile!

The data they sent is in MSEED format so I need to load a program to convert it to SAC and then I should be able to listen to it. I will try and do that tonight, or over this weekend anyway.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Thank you Puterman

Thank you for that. Any quick thought as to why EDIS reported a 2.0 EQ 2 weeks after the event?
Have a 'quiet' week end.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

As strange as it may sound, I said to my wife while standing in a field on duty that I felt something but dismissed it as I was the only one. Checked the date of this diddler and it matched the day that I felt a very slight shake

Thanks for posting this. By the way I live in Cornwall and was in Cornwall at the time

edit on 13-5-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Ha, thank you Star Traveller! At least we can confirm that Cornwall remains at that date where it is supposed to be and not slipped due to 'polarity shift' up to West Yorks! Still curious as to why EDIS put this up 2 weeks after the event, as they report in 'real time'.....hmmmm.....maybe they are trying to tell us something??
Note to self...don't get started Jane, stick to the 'facts'?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The problem is that they may not have got it until then. They are also a little confused as to the location as you said.

68.94 km (42.84 miles) E of Saint Just, (( West Yorkshire ))

hisz.rsoe.hu...

It also happened in the moorning(sic). The fact that the location is actually West of St Just appears to have escaped them, but then i suppose if they think St Just is in West Yorks then who knows!! There are 2 St Justs of course, one by Penzance which is the correct one and one by Falmouth which is not. There are also several in Europe, but none in West Yorkshire.

It does not appear on EMSC so i don't know where they got the info unless it was GeoFon.

edit on 14/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sorry for the random hi-jack but I just saw the mention of Market Rasen on the Quake Watch thread. I live 12 miles from there. I thought a poltergiest was shaking my bed when I woke up in the middle of the quake that hit there haha

Anyway, I dont know if this has anything to do with anything but a few people heard that strange noise around here.... the one people were reporting all over ats which was heard worldwide. I hope it's not connected and nothing sinister is going on!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Not a hi-jack at all.

I thought a poltergiest was shaking my bed when I woke up in the middle of the quake that hit there haha

Which 'that' are we talking about?

Also, do you know which railway line that is that runs (I think) to Grimsby, and can one get a timetable for it?

You should shrink your avatar pic and show the cute baby!

Something like this (I will remove it if you wish - just u2u me, or copy and use it)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8b17054ba8a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I seem to recall a pretty big Earthquake in the UK last year somewhere? Could be wrong here tho.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Thanks for re-sizing my pic! I didnt realise that was all that needed doing...I just thought that was the way the pic would be on here and couldnt be bothered to change it so thanks for taking the time :-)

It was a 5.2 epicenter Market Rasen in 2008

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

I've had a quick search for a train timetable but most of it you have to enter a destination so it's quite specific but i'll have another look after tea .

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Here is a link of a map of local rail lines

www.lmihumber.co.uk...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Wel it was me actually but never mind. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

This is a PDF file of the timetable for that section of line

This unfortunately is not going to give us any freight times but it should be possible to match times to signals for some of the day. I make it just under 5 miles from Market Rasen to the closest point to the seismo so it should only take about 8 minutes for a train leaving Market Rasen for Grimsby to get to the level point with the seismo assuming there are no speed restrictions on the line. Conversely around 8 minutes before arrival if coming from the Grimsby direction.

I am busy on something else right now so I will try this later.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks to PuterMan for directing me to this thread, i was unaware it was here!
I was browsing the BGS earlyer and found this crazy helicorder plot for LMK Market Rasen!

I will be a regular to this thread and keep a watch on things as im in the southeast of the UK.

s+f for you op

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

OK this is yesterday's plot with the times of passenger trains marked in yellow at approximately when they should have been passing the seismo, having taken an hour off the time on the train timetable above to get to UTC times.

I think it would be fair to say that not ONE single one of those passenger trains caused any noticeable disturbance on the seismo. That being the case it is unlikely that a goods train would be so significantly different.

I am having big problems converting these files but I will keep at it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Good going PuterMan

That looks really crazy!! And i thought today's looked very active!

So what could be causing all that chaos we see on the helicorder plot?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
The chance of a significant earthquake event in the UK is (er) nil. The UK is not on any significant fault lines. It is just the way it is. The last earthquake to get a mention in the press cracked a chimney pot and a dog was reported to have barked "very loudly".

Earthquakes happen all the time. The earth moves. Destructive earthquakes happen on fault lines.

Regards
Whist I may not agree that "something is brewing", it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that no significant seismic events happen in the UK. A 7.5 meter high tsunami, probably in relation to an active fault line off the Irish coast, killed thousands of people in the area where I live in 1607. Considering how sparse the population was back then, if this event were to be replayed tomorrow many, many more thousands would undoubtedly be killed as much of the land is below sea level.

More reading here if you're interested: Link
edit on 14-5-2011 by Goathief because: Spelling

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Thank you indeed.

Fascinating read.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Oh, so it was! Don't know how I managed that. Thank you again for the pic

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

So what could be causing all that chaos we see on the helicorder plot?

I don't know, but i intend to find out. What I can say is that this pattern is identical to those on the WLAR recorder in Arkansas WLAR.AG.00.HHZ and I have been able to get files for those and it is plain interference. I don't know what the source is but there the seismo is right on the edge of a lake and a dam so it could be to do with water works in the area in that case.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow, I'm not sure if I've stumbled across anything of any significance here but do animals normally die of fright or suffocation during an earthquake?

And, it was not only property that was hit by the quake, as chicken farmer Peter Sargent discovered when he checked on his poultry at Usselby, near Market Rasen – which was just one field away from the epicentre. He said: "I went into the shed as normal and there, in one corner, were 72 dead birds without a mark on them. "I am convinced they flocked to one corner when the ground shook and died of suffocation and fright."

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join