It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth helicopters' used in Bin Laden raid, BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Stealth helicopters' used in Bin Laden raid, BBC

www.bbc.co.uk

The evidence for this comes from images of the wreckage of one of the helicopters, which departing Seals destroyed after it crash landed in the compound.

The tail of the top secret aircraft survived, providing a treasure chest of clues for aviation experts.

After some detective work, these experts have concluded it was a UH-60 Blackhawk, heavily modified to make it quieter and less visible to radar.

They are confident the raid marks the first time that a stealth helicopter has been used operationally.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well we’ve been talking about this on ATS for a few days now and we’ve all known that they have existed for a few years but now it appears that its confirmed stealth helicopters exist and apparently were used for the first time operationally in the operations to get Bin Laden. Its quite interesting how we have been talking about this on ATS for quite so long yet it seems this is the first that it has percolated into the MSN.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-5-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
already been posted a few times, but the not the BBC article, from other news sites.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
S+F

It's certainly not a cloaking method but interesting to know that they do indeed have operational "Stealth Helicopters". I'd love to see a recording of one in use just to see how reduced the noise really is..

The helicopter avoiding radar is nothing to jump and scream about. As stated in the article extract below.

Slipping under the radar can also be possible without stealth technology. Most of Pakistan's radars are on the ground, and therefore angled in such a way that makes low-flying aircraft difficult to detect, Mr Osborne says.

Difficult but not impossible..

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
what gets my attention is that one helicopter had to be abandoned...

of course it is said all sensitive stuff was salvaged...but a super secret stealth copter is now in the hands of others to back engineer

is this event a ruse? to give others a ringer, so they follow a false lead for months or years? or is the copters so fragile that they are not fit for operational use?/

the risk is negligible if the human cargo is not held as valuable... the average SEAL/Special Forces Agent is worth nearly $85k per year as a measure of comparison.

Just what is to be unwound as we look into the stealth crafts malfunction ?
was the missions' goals modified even as the raid was underway because only one craft was available for the immediate extraction

edit on 6-5-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

True we have been discussing this on some other threads but as far as I know this is the first time that the mainstream media have started to discuss it. It has been clear to everyone on ATS that a stealth helicopter was used, what is interesting about this article is the source. For me this confirms without any doubt that stealth choppers exist

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

It was destroyed

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I read a while ago that it was because of a temperature difference, the temperature inside the compound was a lot higher than outside of it. It affects the lift of the helicopter and apparently this combined with the mentioned stealth modifications made it unable to produce enough lift to stay in the air.

At least that's one explanation.

They probably didn't do any specific testing for this situation and ended up losing one of my helicopters for it, I would bet a solution is already in the works though. They should have thought about it though since this helicopter is seemingly for this exact purpose, which is inserting soldiers.

Yea it looks like they slipped up on this one and gave the Pakistanis at least part of a helicopter. I'm pretty sure that radar absorbent material they use is expensive and difficult to make though.

Just... absolute military failure, 9 years to find a freaking pajama wearing bum and then they lose a valuable helicopter for a stupid reason. It's such a stupid and blatant mistake really I don't know how I can even suspect its some kind of conspiracy, are these people even capable of it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by St Udio

I read a while ago that it was because of a temperature difference, the temperature inside the compound was a lot higher than outside of it. It affects the lift of the helicopter and apparently this combined with the mentioned stealth modifications made it unable to produce enough lift to stay in the air.

At least that's one explanation.

They probably didn't do any specific testing for this situation and ended up losing one of my helicopters for it, I would bet a solution is already in the works though. They should have thought about it though since this helicopter is seemingly for this exact purpose, which is inserting soldiers.

Yea it looks like they slipped up on this one and gave the Pakistanis at least part of a helicopter. I'm pretty sure that radar absorbent material they use is expensive and difficult to make though.

Just... absolute military failure, 9 years to find a freaking pajama wearing bum and then they lose a valuable helicopter for a stupid reason. It's such a stupid and blatant mistake really I don't know how I can even suspect its some kind of conspiracy, are these people even capable of it?

and why would there be a temperature difference?
Explain.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

used for the first time operationally in the operations to get Bin Laden.

It is the first time one crashed and made the news.

I feel like we are cows in a dairy talking about the new milking tools the dairyman has.... Lets go eat some hay before he sees us talking.
edit on 6-5-2011 by RedPill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

I'm just telling you what I read, which is exactly what I stated, pay attention. I didn't claim to be an expert on specifics of temperature differences. Why don't you look it up and come back and tell me?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I posted an article from Time Magazine in this forum on this very subject earlier this week and it was trashed.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I was amazed to see this talked about on CNN the other day... I still recall the first person saying.. "Wait a minute! What the hell kinda helicopter is that!?" here on ATS just moments after the photo first surfaced... then a week later, the finally go official about it....

top topics

join