It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people think masons are evil?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Here is a image that better describes the structure:

Please note that the dashed indicate invite only bodies while solid lines denote the main bodies. I am missing the Grotto and Tall Cedars as well as some other organizations such as the various dinner clubs.

reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

You realize that our higher ups are elected by us members right?

reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Except the power is invested much with the members. The leadership is bound by their duties laid out in the Constitution and By-Laws. You even have a jurisprudence committee that among other thing ensures the leadership doesn't cross their bounds. Most Grand (state) bodies only meet once a year as well as some national bodies (for the appendant bodies), and some meet only once every 3-years. The main power lies with the local bodies as they are truly independent, but still following all the rules and regulations laid out in the Constitution and By-Laws.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Also in reference to my image, all these bodies you can read about if you go to their homepages; these groups are not some big secret. You can look at either the NJ or SJ of Scottish Rite and you can look at yorkrite.org to see everything connected with that.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Are you my minion or am I yours? I keep forgetting.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by YourPopRock

Are you my minion or am I yours? I keep forgetting.

I lived in a Condo-minion once...

Does that count?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The Freemasons are just one of the secret societies. However, They are (at least from what I have researched) the most powerful of them. The were sent to start the quickest rise to global power in the history of mankind! And we were made (America that is) to be the smoking gun, we are only strong militarily because Europe's secret rulers want us to be. They make the decisions and we take the action. They secretly start wars with our weapons and our flag, then the world hates America while Europe gains more power and money.

Look up the New world Order with the 4 unions. The European Union, The American Union, The Asian Union, and the African Union. These Unions will be controlled from one central government, this central government will be controlled by 13 Families. These 13 Families are the power of the Free masons.

Google it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Savorrow
Look up the New world Order with the 4 unions. The European Union, The American Union, The Asian Union, and the African Union. These Unions will be controlled from one central government, this central government will be controlled by 13 Families. These 13 Families are the power of the Free masons.

Google it.

Yes because Google is always right and has accurate information. Who are these 13 families?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The 13 families who rule the world
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The Astor Bloodline

The Bundy Bloodline

The Collins Bloodline

The DuPont Bloodline

The Freeman Bloodline

The Kennedy Bloodline

The Li Bloodline

The Onassis Bloodline

The Reynolds Bloodline

The Rockefeller Bloodline

The Rothschild Bloodline

The Russell Bloodline

The Van Duyn Bloodline

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Savorrow
The Bundy Bloodline

I thought the head of this bloodline caught a ride on old sparky back in the 80's.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Well, I know that Jet Li makes awesome movies.

So I don't mind him ruling things.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

What is the wind velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?

Greater than that of a swallow laden with birdshot.

LoL, you sir are a comedic genius, and I will continue to try to mindf**k you tomorrow whhhhilst at my shi**y a** job.

No, you almost got me... only the wind has wind velocity.
edit on 10-5-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: I do say....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Why do they think they're evil?

Well, the phallic imagery, the baphomet symbolism, the blatant Luciferian design, coupled with the lore of being a secret society doesn't help their case.

I see it as a spiritual Hitler Youth camp.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MonarchSlave

Phallic imagery? Maybe that is your interpretation, but not ours. There is no Baphomet imagery or Luciferian design nor is holding secrets bad. We're not a secret society as its noticeable where and when we meet, and most of our members are very open about their membership.

Really original, comparing us to the Hitler Youth, but we're a very religious tolerant group. We encourage enlightenment which is not a bad thing.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by network dude

Yea, I feel like we the people need to have much more of a hand in deciding the fate of the bills that are passed.

Ok, so we agree there.

It seems to me that the problem is that the TYPE of individuals who seek positions of power hold an ELITIST attitude, and treat people according to their class, race, religion, etc. instead of seeing all people as equal.

My goodness, somebody did a snow job on you. The masons I know are so far from ELITIST it isn't funny. There might be 6 out of 200 that are what I would consider "well off", the rest are normal people. Retired from the phone company, electricians, plumbers, you know , regular people. We seek to keep going and we also seek to help our fellow man. that sounds cheesy, but it's real. We feel good when helping others so we keep doing it.

Incidentally, I think this is why the Freemasons get the raised eyebrow, because there is an air of Elitism that is generally associated with their rituals, medals, uniforms, secrets, agendas, goals, etc.

It depends where you go. Most in my area meet in street cloths, don't wear medals except the jewels of our office, and we put them back in the box after the meeting. Our meetings are business meetings where we decide how to spend out time and how to raise money to do what we decide to do. (Like fix AC units, Help tornado victims)

So, can anyone tell me what the ultimate goal of Freemasonry might be?

I will tell you but you will swear I am making this up. Are you ready?
To make good men better. that's it. If there is a bigger goal that the 33rds want, it's not what we as "lower level" masons want and therefore, not our agenda. (BTW, I know plenty of 33rds and they are just like me, but they wear a white hat where I wear a black one)

What type of global society do the Masons want to see?
believe it or not, we don't discuss anything like this. Individuals have their opinions. All are different like with normal people. I want to see less government, get back to the constitution, and stop policing the world. I want to see our troops stay our of war for a while, they need a break. I want to have our borders be a bit more secure, and I want my kids to be able to have jobs. But that is just me and another mason may want something completely different.

Let me know if you have other questions, and thanks for those.

edit on 10-5-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: typo

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonarchSlave
Well, the phallic imagery

Which isn't a part of Masonry.

the baphomet symbolism

Based on the discredited research of Eliphas Levi.

the blatant Luciferian design

Based on the Taxil hoax.

coupled with the lore of being a secret society

Which we're not.

I see it as a spiritual Hitler Youth camp.

Next time you throw out a Hitler comparison, it might do you some good to first make sure which side he was on.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213

Based on the discredited research of Eliphas Levi.

I'm not aware of Levi's work having been discredited (although he of course never attempted to link Baphomet to Freemasonry).

It was Levi's opinion that the word was derived from the Greek "Bapho Metis", meaning "baptism of wisdom". In this regard, he speculated that it may have been one of the passwords of the original Templars, and was intentionally distorted by their persecutors.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

But that is just me and another mason may want something completely different.

Something different in every mason jar...

Yes, everyone interprets everything around them uniquely, according to what they have previously learned.

My beef isn't with grown men having a secret clubhouse... it's with anyone (in any organization or alone) who feels their time on Earth is more valuable than anyone else's.

If the aim of Freemasonry is for a better world, then I suggest focusing on a society where money is obsolete, citizens vote as individuals on every proposed bill, people go to work to support their entire community, and blatant greed is a felony.

But, as you say, everyone wants something different.

Funny that we spend so much time trying to make order out of chaos, when we all know that chaos never stops.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Funny that we spend so much time trying to make order out of chaos, when we all know that chaos never stops.

I think the simplicity of what we do is why it does work. We (or at least I) understand that we cannot change the world. We cannot eliminate greed and corruption. But we can try to make our immediate world a little better. And that my friend, is what we do. Each individually. We hope it catches on as a good idea and more people do it, then, at least the area would increase.

That really is it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If the aim of Freemasonry is for a better world, then I suggest focusing on a society where money is obsolete, citizens vote as individuals on every proposed bill, people go to work to support their entire community, and blatant greed is a felony.
We can't change anyone else. The only power I have is to change myself, and I have to want to change. The same goes for every sentient being on the planet. Freemasonry can't focus on society. Just on the individual, and hope that the choices the individual makes leave behind a positive legacy.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

It seems to me that the problem is that the TYPE of individuals who seek positions of power hold an ELITIST attitude, ...... The masons I know are so far from ELITIST it isn't funny.

Above: the cult leader of the English Masons, the Grand Master; the Duke of Kent. a/k/a "Field Marshal His Royal Highness Prince Edward George Nicholas Patrick, Duke of Kent, Earl of Saint Andrews, Baron Downpatrick, Royal Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight Grand Cross of the Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty, Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England and First Grand Principal of the Supreme Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of England, President of The Scout Association."

Of course all these pompous titles held by this aristocratic (cousin to the head of state, Elizabeth) cult leader should not be taken as a sign that he is an elitist and a monarchist and a militant anti-Communist; oh no, he is really just one of the lads.

The masons I know are so far from ELITIST it isn't funny.

It is probably to do with American Masonic cultism; they seem to just let any rif raff join the cult of His Imperial Majesty and sully his good name.

The cultists of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, also seem to commonly refer to each other as "nobles;" a person cannot "choose" to be born to the nobility or become part of the nobility by buying a pompous title from a religious cult or by filling a cultist's underwear with whipped cream and strawberries or by the "golden shower" or "dog urination" and simulated oral sex ritual; these wanna-be aristocrats are just rif-raf religious fanatics who do not know their place..

His Imperial Satanic Majesty

Lucifer

edit on 11-5-2011 by Lucifer777 because: Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem (The devil made me do it).

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That really is it.

I believe you when you say that is the stated purpose of Freemasonry.
However, much like the Federal government's purpose of protecting the sovereignty of the states, mission statements do not always work out as intended.

No matter what the culture, doctrine or organization, there will always be folks who give it a bad name.

One bad apple, as they say, spoils the whole bunch - which is why I think no fraternal organization should take itself very seriously at all.

To me, individuality is the greatest fraternity to join.

edit on 11-5-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: usual typo

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join