It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would anyone parent half-breed Neanderthals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Neanderthal man has been much humanized lately.
news.bbc.co.uk...

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody breeds them back soon.

One could imagine that it wouldn't take long for Neanderthals and humans to copulate and produce off-spring.

But who will raise them?
Should we leave them to some "cave culture"?

Could you find a Neanderthal attractive?
Because we have an anti-nudist trend, we don't know how everything looks with the males.
I'd imagine it's pretty similar.

But there are differences.
They would be much stronger.
Also our women's birth canal might not cope with a large Neanderthal head.
Oh, but wouldn't it be great to see and test?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Oh sweet lord, I'm female and not planning on having that for a child.....that is unsettling and gross.

Who knows if they'll be able to speak ?
edit on 5-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Well with the speech it's debatable.
Probably grunts.
Even a half-breed would have a distinct speech impediment or accent, I'd think.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
They aren't extinct if you count being assimilated into modern man's gene pool that dissolved them as a whole.
We're better looking than them, so you can count on modern people not wanting to breed with them

edit on 5-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Lately?
You dont realise that this article is from 2005 ?

More recent news has a twist that (to answer your question) interbreeding between homo sapiens and Neanderthals DID occur. Since they lived in Europe, its only the Eupropean homo sapiens that did it.
Leading to the strange conclusion that Africans are less related to Neanderthals than Whiteys.

if I can text draw an inheritance diagram...

--------------- Africans
|
|
|
| ------- Neanderthals
------|
-------- Europeans

edit on 5-5-2011 by alfa1 because: silly text diagram in courier doesnt work

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

But beyond the labels that could also be interpreted that sub-Saharan Africans are simply unevolved Homo Erectus by that?
Not sure of the point?

edit on 5-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Not sure of the point?

No point. I suppose a racist person could invent one, but I was just answering the OP's question about breeding with Neanderthals.
Yes, but not everyone was in the right place to take the 'opportunity'.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Been there, Done that. What's the big deal? My alpha female plucked her unibrow and went to get an EE from a big ten school. A little soap and a razor and badabing... instant homecoming court.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

They started the cross breeding years ago. George W Bush was one of the first freaks to be breed from these experiments.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Who knows who Neanders breed with lets look at what region of europe they were from

Neanders were in Europe and parts of western and central Asia.

the first proto-Neanders traits appeared in Europe as early as 350,000–600,000 years ago so by or about 30,000 years ago, complete Neanders characteristics had appeared.

Characteristics then disappeared in Asia by 50,000 years ago and in Europe by about 30,000 years ago, with no further individuals having enough Neanders morphological traits to be considered as part of Homo neanderthalens

So then they show up in middle east so they did roam about and interbred

I dont get your Question??? how can you parent if they are extinct???

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Well it's a hypothetical question.
Technology is advancing fast, and bringing back extinct species with living relatives is no longer just science fiction.
In a few years it will be done (if not so already secretly).
If the mammoth can return, then so can the Neanderthals.

I believe they mature much faster than Homo Sapiens physically.
Since they're much stronger it might be a case of: spare the tazer and spoil the cave-child.
However only our men could breed with their women for a natural birth, since their heads might kill a human woman during labor.
I suppose vice-versa they would just slide out of a Neanderthal woman.

Ultimately the goal would be to strengthen human genetics.

edit on 13-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody breeds them back soon.

One could imagine that it wouldn't take long for Neanderthals and humans to copulate and produce off-spring.

But who will raise them?
Should we leave them to some "cave culture"?

Could you find a Neanderthal attractive?
Because we have an anti-nudist trend, we don't know how everything looks with the males.
I'd imagine it's pretty similar.

But there are differences.
They would be much stronger.
Also our women's birth canal might not cope with a large Neanderthal head.
Oh, but wouldn't it be great to see and test?

I hate to break it to you but our "species" is probably a Hybrid one.

www.forteantimes.com...
(incidentally a month after this article a whole lot of shady pseudo-science gibberish came out on MSM about neanderthals being right handed based upon a few teeth scratch marks[yet all neanderthal tool-work points to them being left handed])

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

You are correct.
But before we were "hybrids" we were one species, both Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens came form common African ancestors...or so we're told anyway.
Making them hybrid was really meeting up with them again.
One theory said we did not interbreed with the Neanderthals, but that's been pretty overthrown, so we were rather cousins of the same species.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well it's a hypothetical question.
Technology is advancing fast, and bringing back extinct species with living relatives is no longer just science fiction.
In a few years it will be done (if not so already secretly).
If the mammoth can return, then so can the Neanderthals.

I believe they mature much faster than Homo Sapiens physically.
Since they're much stronger it might be a case of: spare the tazer and spoil the cave-child.
However only our men could breed with their women for a natural birth, since their heads might kill a human woman during labor.
I suppose vice-versa they would just slide out of a Neanderthal woman.

Ultimately the goal would be to strengthen human genetics.

edit on 13-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

I think Coast to coast had this as a topic last night as it was late and I missed the most of the show. They were discussing genetics I wished Id have listend to the whole show. Maybe someone from ATS listend in on it and can comment on what it was about.

Link

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Starchild
www.starchildproject.com...

Lloyd Pye - Starchild Skull DNA, Disclosure & Directed Panspermia

www.redicecreations.com...

So 900 years ago they figure thats how old the skull is and neanserthals are 20,000 to 30,000 years ago I gues im confussed ..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Fascinating stuff in the links you provide.
I think the "Starchild skull" is 900 years old, although many scientists think it's just a deformed human (as I vaguely recall from a documentary).
There is a list of topics on the Neanderthals on the same page as the pictures of the Starchild skull, which is a bit confusing, but they are separate issues.
The Starchild skull was found in Mexico, and the Neanderthals only lived in Europe and surrounding parts of Asia and the Middle East.
Their DNA is not found in sub-Saharan Africa and other populations.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I find Neanderthals quite fascinating. They are so close to us, yet still different.

It really makes you wonder, maybe Neanderthals are actually a superior species? We already know they were stronger, perhaps they were much smarter too?

The fact they died out (other than the few that interbred with our species) doesn't mean they were stupid or somehow not fit to live. Perhaps their numbers were just much lower so the odds of them surviving favored us over them. Or perhaps something in their genes made them susceptible to some deadly plague that didn't effect us, or only effected us to a lower extend. Maybe they were much less fertile, or their offspring has a much higher chance of dying in the womb than ours. There are a ton of possible scenarios where Neanderthals could have been a superior species in intelligence and strength, but still died out due to other reasons.

I don't know why people are saying they are so ugly.... the one picture of the monkey man is just from some show I believe. The other picture of the split head of the Neanderthal doesn't look any more ugly than a lot of guys I've seen walking about the streets, and is probably a lot more accurate as it was built up from the expected muscle structure based on the skull. We still don't know what they really looked like. And you have to take into account that humans that long ago probably didn't look a lot like modern man either. Perhaps if Neanderthals survived as a second "human" species today they would be better looking, more intelligent, and stronger than humans.

I say breed a bunch of them and see what happens.
edit on 14-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have always wondered and was always fascinated about the Neanderthal existence .. My take is we did interbreed with them despite what everyone says IMO at the time that happened Im sure that those offspring wondered about to a place where they were safe and survived a global or regional natural cabalistic catastrophes..
earth quakes or whatever ...this may have been what killed their ancestors off .. SO then those who survived went on mating and over the years we have hybrid Neanderthal homo sapiens

top topics

join