It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone considered that the old stereotypes of the NWO are obsolete?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
All that occult symbolism and "in your face attitude" doesn't seem to have that much of a place in the real world. I have seen threads that talk about certain occult symbols being in music videos, and roughly alluded to in big business corporate logos. I do believe that there is a handful of people in power in the world who are trying to globalize government but I don't think they run around putting pentagrams on everything. For one thing, the pentagram and other symbols have multiple meanings to lots of different people. Here's a good example.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, in this modern age, superstition and ritual don't have the same place in our lives like they did when a lot of secret societies were formed. The New World Order has to be a revolving group of people who bring fresh ideas to the table and new approaches to carrying out their agenda. thoughts?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm not so sure mate, I definitely feel there's cases of people cherry picking, literally looking for anything that could be interpreted as occult or Illuminati symbolism, but i get the feeling that 'they' enjoy hinting at their influence over the masses, and derive some form of sick satisfaction from the majority of people not being able to see the wood for the trees.

Having said that, there's certain independent movies I've seen over the years depicting apparent 'illuminati' symbolism, namely the pyramid accompanied by the all seeing eye, perhaps it's even a subconscious acknowledgment in a few instances.
edit on 5-5-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueLightRain

I think you kind of answered your own question. Because symbolism and superstition have taken a back burner they can put it out in plain view and everyone would be clueless to what it means or the power it carries. Obviously there has to be a new generation of people working towards whatever agenda but that doesnt mean they would just throw out all the old as meaningless. Most of these organization have a lot of reverence for what has gone before.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Ever hear of the Bohemian Grove? Google it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
These symbols are in music videos and such because of places like ATS, pointing them out and coming up with wacky theories about them all the time. it feeds into itself; the controversy generates controversy, but there's really nothing at the center. There is no meaning or secret. it's just people trying to get popularity by using popular imagery.

Similarly, there is no "secret cabal" of people who are trying to globalize governments or economies. There doesn't have to be. it's the logical conclusion of the system itself. Every single one of your Vanderbilts and Morgans and whoever else you believe is powering the "Illuminati" could drop dead, right now. every last one of them... and it wouldn't change anything. You want change, then you need to look at the systems themselves, rather than the people who happen to benefit the most from them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I would say there's always been selective viewing of what is NWO.
Religion saw itself as superior and separate to occultism.
However, now once hidden discussions of symbols and history show that religions are just dominant streams in occultism.

Just as Christians were once accused of blasphemy, atheism (for not recognizing the divinity of pagan Roman emperors), semitic child sacrifices and so forth; just so they created a convenient scape-goat of pagans, empowered women and gays as child-murdering "satanists".

I think a lot of people are tired of hypocrisy, and the whole useless and ridiculous moral rigmarole of the bloody Abrahamic religions.
When we had Satanic-panic against rock music in the 1980s, Christian America supported apartheid and death squads in Central America.
It seems that the devils of Western society were a psychological defense mechanism to the children that were truly slaughtered in Third-World wars.

So now people think it's best to say we love power, money and materialism.
Why still pretend to be some preacher trained in occult hypnotism who is cashing in on people's stupidity?
People are just honest, and that's fantastic!

edit on 5-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
People are used to seeing the symbols. The ideas are so saturated and common place by pop culture. They might now confuse the symbols with a 'new music' statement, as opposed to what they really represent.
edit on 5-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join