It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Video Sympathy Card to My Home State of Alabama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have lived in Madison County in Alabama since I was 7 years old. I'm 33 now, so needless to say, I consider it my home state.

We just got our power back on last night around 6:30 pm. It had been out since around 11:30 am on 4/27. I was very fortunate in that I didn't lose my home or anyone I knew. Especially considering that entire neighborhoods are gone less than 3 miles from where I live.

I was working on putting together some footage that I shot all day during the storms and the day after. I decided to take a break from that and work on something else instead. I will definitely finish those videos soon and make another thread when I get the chance where I will go into a little more detail on my experience and thoughts concerning the storms that day.

For now though, I wanted to make something for the people in my state. Since I can't give everyone a hug personally, I suppose this will have to do.

Video looks best in 720p and fullscreen.

edit on 5-5-2011 by jnyblujns because: info

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

I'm sorry for everything. If you need help you'll be sure to find support here too. Definitely make videos of everything because we the people are not informed, not yet

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I'm just across the river from you jnyblujns. (((Huge Hugs for you )))
This brought a fresh batch of tears to my eyes. Thank you for this very touching tribute to the victims of these deadly tornados. I had no idea that so many were still missing.
Thoughts of hope and prayers of comfort to you and all of the families affected by these terrible storms.

I have dear friends in the Ruth Community that were hit very hard. The outpouring of love, hugs, help, support and much needed supplies have been simply amazing. Volunteers from all over the state have been and still are working tirelessly in any way that they possibly can to help. People from as far away as Montgomery (that I personally know of) have delivered food, ice, water, gas, hugs and comfort to complete strangers.
It is wonderful thing to see people come together in love, aid, and support to help out so many that so desperately need it.

On behalf of my dear friends and the people of Alabama, THANK YOU to everyone who helped/is helping out. A huge THANKS to all of the out-of-staters who came in and worked so tirelessly and diligently to restore power, assist in search and rescue, bring in supplies, equipment and manpower. God bless you!

I wish the whole world could operate in such a way. I just hate it took a tragedy such as this to tweak the heartstrings and feelings of goodwill we should always have toward each other.

People of the flooded Mississippi River and surrounding areas.... you are also in our thoughts and prayers.
Peace and Blessings

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What a nice gesture, s&f. Wishing the best of luck to you, family and friends. I hope to be able to donate to the cause as soon as I can.
edit on 5-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I'm sorry for everything. If you need help you'll be sure to find support here too. Definitely make videos of everything because we the people are not informed, not yet

Thank you. I'm working on editing the video I took on that day. I filmed off and on all day and took a lot of pictures. Here are a couple that I didn't take that have been posted on friend's facebook pages.

This is the tornado that touched down less than 4 miles from my home.

This is just one of the neighborhoods it hit. One of my best friend's since high school's parents live there. Their house only sustained minor damage. Two people in this neighborhood lost their lives.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CalmSerenity

Hey there Calm. Hugs for you too.

You are so right in thanking people for helping out. The number of people that have come from other areas and other states has been overwhelming. The governor just the other day made a comment that we actually had so many volunteers from all over, that it was hard to find things for them all to do. That's a great problem to have.

I tore a muscle in my back clearing trees and debris from my grandparent's yard the day after, so I've been out of commission for a few days. I'm hoping I'll heal up soon cause there is so much to clean up all around my area.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Very powerfull. Thank you for the beautiful tribute for the lives lost and those still missing. (still wiping away the tears)

We take so much for granted and tend to quickly dismiss anything that does not directly affect us. The thing is, we need to understand that we are all connected and when we loose the empathy that should be a natural part of us all, we are not really living anymore.

Sending love your way....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thank you westcoast. It really is a shame that it always takes a tragedy for us to get over our petty differences and start working together.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here's one more pic near my home. There use to be a church there.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Powerful video! I got all choked up watching this. My heart goes out to all affected by this. Thanks for sharing this with us. Big Hugs!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you Night Star.

Hugs to you too.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'd like to bump this so it doesn't get buried.
More people should see this!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I'd like to bump this so it doesn't get buried.
More people should see this!

Aww....thanks Night.

Unfortunately I don't think many people care about anything on here unless there is some kind of conspiracy attached to it. Maybe I should have said HAARP caused the storms, then I'd get hundreds of responses.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yeah I hear ya! A shame really. I mean this is happening to our fellow man and we should be supportive and compassionate.

top topics

join