It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange UFO on the Shropshire/Wales border uk, May 1st 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Once again I would like to present a vido for our ATS experts ,or for those who may be curious.

Now yes, one could say this is a bit of a boring video, or it is another one with blinkie lights, but I disagree. First of all, the first light seems to hover for quite awhile. Yes, one could say it is just plane coming from a particular direction creating a illusion. Ok, maybe, but, how does one explain the second light just Popping on out of nowhere?

Also, before they turn blinky they drift for quite a bit, and when they do turn blinky, the speed in which they move really intensifies. Also note, no sound, even a distant sound, yet up close sound is clear.

The good news about this video as well is, it is filmed with a pretty steady hand and no annoying music. Alos, the OP of video has stated there is no airport or military base nearby.

So, let us see what we think eh?

Last note, I used the OPs video title out of respect.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure these are aircraft as they follow the same path i.e landing path. When an airplane turns on its landing lights it could seem to appear out of nowhere.

weedwacker will probably be here shortly to explain this further

edit on 4-5-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I agree that that is what it appears to be, but that still doesnt explain how the second light just popped on out of nowhere, much less the significant speed change. Thanks for replying though.

edit on 4-5-2011 by onehuman because: typos

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
These are very strange lights indeed. I once saw something very similar to what we see in this video. We took our children to the local park one day and i remember saying to my wife on the way there that it was very strange weather. Shortly afterwards a light that we thought was a chinese lantern floated towards us. As it got closer it seemed to be a lot brighter than a lantern and looked like it was on fire. It slowed right down and almost appeared to have character. After hovering just a few feet above a tree for about 2 minutes a couple of yards from us, it then began to move in a very straight lline into the distance. We kept our eyes fixed onto it for a good 10-15 minutes until it turned into a tiny spec and vanished (it was definately no chinese lantern) I believe these to be some kind of weather phenomenon taking into account the strange mixture of weather of sunny and cloudy. Perhaps Ball lightning

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Interesting that you saw something like that so up close. Does Ball lightning hover or have different speeds of moving though? I mean from going to a steady glow to changing direction and becoming a blinky type of light and major speed change? I mean I can see where you would say yes it can, in a sense, but wouldnt that almost say it is intelligent as well?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

First of all, a well shot video. Where you are situated, Wales /Shropshire Border may be near the flight path of aircraft flying from the continent to Manchester. They will be approaching you from an easterly direction almost straight towards you so this may well account for the apparent lack of motion. Then, as you commented yourself as they turn into a northerly direction (toward Manchester) you then get a "side on" view of the craft so they appear to move more quickly. The bright light you see in the first instance could be the main landing lights And the second light seeming to appear from nowhere could be the craft simply turning on it's main landing lights. This of course is only one person's opinion and may well be way off the mark
The lights still seem to be some distance away and if the breeze/wind that night was a prevailing south westerly this could account for you not being able to hear anything from the aircraft.
edit on 4-5-2011 by rykc27 because: to account for the lack of sound from the craft

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The second light popping out of no where is an airplane turning on its landing lights, you cant see the plane there before because its still very far away. The seemingly slow increase in speed is really an optical illusion. If you go to your local airport you will see lights in the sky that look exactly like this. I have to disagree with the person who taped this when he says they dont make noise. I can hear airplane engines, even over the bleating of sheep.

I used to live next to an airport and the National Gaurd ran C-130 touch-and-go drills all the time. The lights, and sounds match this perfectly. Interesting video though. Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes it was very close.. The kids were actually getting quite scared. It was amazing to watch. What made it spectacular was that fact we all witnessed it. And about it's intelligence: i guess it did appear to have floated over to have a look at us all at it's own accord which was pretty cool. However, it was only after doing a bit of research online about weather anomalies that i sort of put the case to rest for us all but it's still only just a theory. Ball lightning does some very strange things including blinking, hovering etc that could give the illusion of intelligence,

The wife and kids still think it was a some kind of spacecraft from another world though

top topics

join