It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government refusing to show proof is illegal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Photos Reportedly Show Stealth Helicopter Design, Unidentified Men Dead at Bin Laden's Hideout

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

This tale just keeps getting better & better

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Did they give a reason why they did not release the picture of Bin Laden? It cant be any more bloody than the pictures of the 2 bodies in the slide show.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Did they give a reason why they did not release the picture of Bin Laden? It cant be any more bloody than the pictures of the 2 bodies in the slide show.

Because it's pretty gruesome, it won't convince everyone anyway (just look at the whole Birth Certificate debacle), and it would probably be exploited by extremist groups to further fan the flames of hatred against the US.
edit on 4-5-2011 by roboe because: Spelling & clarification

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So what if its gruesom ppl have a choice not to veiw it if they dont want to. Its not as if its gunna be on the news. Weve been shown no proof what so ever this event took place yet you ppl just believe everythin the gov tells you. We seen sadam hung we should be able so see osama untill we do im not convinced

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

"I can confirm that it was bin Laden," said Senator Kelly Ayotte.
The Republican senator Kelly Ayotte said that another senator showed her the picture.
"There was a picture of bin Laden's face, and I can confirm that it was him, "Ayotte told reporters.

I saw another House GOP member go on record last night as claiming to have seen these photos, and expecting to view the streaming video clip today at some point. I don't see the value in GOP members of Congress shilling for Obama on this.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's obviously not illegal for the US administration to decide that issuing photos of a man who has taken a bullet to the head is not a good idea.

There is buckets of other evidence coming out. Pictures of the compound and other dead. The Pakistani authorities are not questioning what has happened and say they are looking after OBL family members.

Lets face it, any photos would immediately be declared fakes by diehard truthers. Look at Obama's birth certificate.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Lets face it, any photos would immediately be declared fakes by diehard truthers. Look at Obama's birth certificate.

This is what I don't get. Why demand photos that you know won't prove anything for you? Sheer ghoulishness?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Thats not how it works. Pictures arent "declared" fake, they are found to be fake, for example because one object has a different resolution than the rest of the image, as it happened with a death osama fake that resurfaced on here after his alledged demise.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thats not how it works. Pictures arent "declared" fake, they are found to be fake, for example because one object has a different resolution than the rest of the image, as it happened with a death osama fake that resurfaced on here after his alledged demise.

Oh come on. Have you seen any of the stuff on Obama's birth certificate ? It was immediately declared fake on the most fatuous and peurile grounds..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It seems to me that we missing the point. When we went after So-Dam-Insaine it was a capture only mission. When we went after Hitler, again capture only. Then there were those in charge of the Nazi death camps and guess what CAPTURE only. The point is we do not send people out on KILL only mission, so why this time? I served in the military, 8 years on the front lines of the war on drugs and have seen first hand what a drug runner is willing to do to protect his cargo, and not once were we ever givin the OK to kill any of them. OBL may or may not have ordered 9/11, and I have no problem with him getting killed, but in this country even the worst of us have the right to their day in court. I don't believe in any one person, reguardless of his or her job title, having the right to order the killing of another human being without due process. It don't matter how blind you choose to be or how deep your head is in the sand, I can't believe any american would agree with this order. I don't blame the SEALs, they were givin an order and they did their duty. I do however blame those who gave the order. I would fight and die if needs be for this country, but I can no longer say the same thing for our current gov. Obama lied to us to get into the office, and now it seems he has shown his true nature, and I'm sorry I can't stand behind that choice.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I imagine truthers would find ways to declare them fake. After all, the noplaner truthers have convinced themselves of the most extraordinary nonsense based on nothing at all. I'm sure some sort of excuse could be found to write off any OBL death photo as well.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeA

I rather agree. I think much of the rest of the world looks at the US's glee in this sort of thing with some dismay.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Not releasing any evidence might be a very clever move from the White House but in probably the opposite way to how people are thinking.

NB. I'm playing something of the devil's advocate here:

Firstly, there are an awful lot of people all over the world who are genuinely disgusted by US actions in this incident. These people generally fall into one of two camps. Either arguing that the action itself was illegal for several reasons:

* Ordering the assassination of anyone is both morally and legally wrong.
* Military forces crossing international borders without the nation's prior permission is illegal.
* Executing a suspect without due process / trial is completely illegal.

Or the second side of the argument is that no definitive proof of OBL involvement with 9/11 exists. He denies in the interview of 28/9/2001 any involvement in 9/11 and there are many question marks over the "video messages" in which he claims responsibility.

Whether you agree with either of these points or not, many people do. Let's assume some of them are valid and this was an illegal action.

How can anyone prove it without any evidence?

If there are no photographs or video released then there is no evidence of a crime being comitted and no possibility of criminal charges being brought against the man / organisation that ordered said crime.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesyleps
How can anyone prove it without any evidence?

If there are no photographs or video released then there is no evidence of a crime being comitted and no possibility of criminal charges being brought against the man / organisation that ordered said crime.

There's quite a lot of evidence. For a start the perpetrators admit to having done it!

I also don't think the US particularly cares what the Pakistani prosecution service think of their actions. I imagine any attempt to make a criminal case out of it or arrest anybody would be met publicly with refusal and privately with hilarity.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
United Nations Official questions the
legality of the OBL killing

www.foxnews.com...

just sharing

it was related

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

I also don't think the US particularly cares what the Pakistani prosecution service think of their actions. I imagine any attempt to make a criminal case out of it or arrest anybody would be met publicly with refusal and privately with hilarity.

Isn't that the entire Arab world's point? The US paints itself as the world's policeman yet is quite happy to flout international law whenever and wherever it suits their interests.

If you build yourself up as the purveyor of all that is good and righteous, you should expect to be held accountable to the highest standards and conduct yourself in accordance with those.

I was thinking more of an international court than Pakistan. But hey, the UN ain't gonna rock the boat are they, or Bush and Blair would have been tried and executed for war crimes years ago.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why anyone would think this administration or any administration would give a hoot what a rapidly dwindling cult of conspiracy-theory whack-jobs think is beyond me.

Bottom line, there is only *one* group that anyone should care about knowing for a fact that "Has Been" Laden is dead...and that is al Qeada.

*They* know for a fact he is fish food (hopefully with the previous night's left over pork chop dinner from the wardroom tossed into his burial sheath for good measure), and that is fine by me.

The rest of the conspiracy theorists can go on with their Elvis-flying the-space-based-UFO-laser-gun-that-zapped-the-WTC ideas or their it-was-too-difficult-to-fly-a-real-plane-into-the-thing-so-we'll-fly-a-remote-control-plane-into-it- it'll-be-easier morons. It just adds to the fun factor of watching you people here.

ETA: Breaking headlines: Al Qaeda Confirms Bin Laden's Death on Islamist Websites

Guess *they're* in on it too!

edit on 6-5-2011 by trebor451 because: Add info.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The only draw back of this is I can not be very motivated to pursue the moral issues of this "execution" because I know it is all make believe, otherwise I'd say the U.S. is guilty of:

-Foreign entanglement in a country the U.S. is not at war with
-Foreign assassination without congressional approval
-Violation of habeas corpus, even though OBL is not an American citizen all people have basic rights that must be upheld and protected

Maybe that's their strategy, to give the U.S. a false precedent to do whatever they want because it people push hard enough they'll just say it was all made up to begin with and so they can't be sued.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
The only draw back of this is I can not be very motivated to pursue the moral issues of this "execution" because I know it is all make believe, otherwise I'd say the U.S. is guilty of:

-Foreign entanglement in a country the U.S. is not at war with
-Foreign assassination without congressional approval
-Violation of habeas corpus, even though OBL is not an American citizen all people have basic rights that must be upheld and protected

Maybe that's their strategy, to give the U.S. a false precedent to do whatever they want because it people push hard enough they'll just say it was all made up to begin with and so they can't be sued.

Well done. You are guilty of the exact thing you accuse the US of doing - coming to a judgment without the benefit of knowing all the facts.

However, it is *fine* if you do it. It doesn't matter if you don't know the exact nature of any interaction between US agents and Pakistani agents, government or otherwise. You *claim* this was an assassination - upon what grounds do you claim that? If bin Laden was indeed reaching for a weapon, then a strong case can be made that he was shot in self defense. Tell us...what basic "rights" did bin Laden have that were violated? He has known for almost 15 years (dating back to the bombings in Saudi Arabia) that he is a wanted man, in multiple countries, and could have turned himself in at any time in those 13+ years. When 2 helicopters - stealth or otherwise - land in your back yard, you hear shooting going on all over the place, you are on the 3rd floor of a well-barricaded house and you have women and children around, again, you have every opportunity in the world to surrender. He choose not to. What "basic rights" are you privy to that we are not that he was denied?

You people sure do know a whole lot of stuff that nobody else knows. With such smart and plugged-in people like you around its amazing this world is in so much of a mess.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesyleps

Isn't that the entire Arab world's point? The US paints itself as the world's policeman yet is quite happy to flout international law whenever and wherever it suits their interests.

If you build yourself up as the purveyor of all that is good and righteous, you should expect to be held accountable to the highest standards and conduct yourself in accordance with those.

I was thinking more of an international court than Pakistan. But hey, the UN ain't gonna rock the boat are they, or Bush and Blair would have been tried and executed for war crimes years ago.

Absolutely agree. The US has acted cravenly in the past and will do again, no doubt.

As for the international tribunals, I should think that America cares for them and what they think even less than a local Pakistani magistrates court. Which is to say, not very much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join