It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when the bombs start dropping?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
start running the opposite direction.
Assuming i dont get burnt crispy within the first 20 seconds.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I live in mid-town Manhattan and I work there too. If nuclear war were to start, I probably wouldn't have more than a few seconds to think about what was happening at the moment.

I just try not to think about these sorts of scenarios. its out of my hands and I can do a lot more good for others and myself by putting effort into the things I can influence. One of the few people in recent history to have what I think is the correct perspective on nuclear weapons is Carl Sagan.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I live in Wston Super Mare in the UK so if I was not caught in the immediate blast I would probally try to make it out to Step Holm. I'm probally not the only person who has thought of that though. I could imagine it becoming crowded quite quickly!

This is a very good page that details the effects of nuclear explosions. Scary stuff!

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Turn on adult movie and clean my stick as fast as possible.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by demontigny

You would get irradiated. You need to stay inside/avoid radiation for 2 weeks I believe it is

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
I have a couple of NBC suits

There is no "N" in the designation for those suits.

They are only effective against limited types of chemical/biological
agents and do absolutely nothing to protect you from radiation effects.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
By bombs, I mean nuclear bombs.
I've been thinking about this for the past few days, and I can't really imagine what I would do. The fear you would face, the instant realization that your world has been completely changed in the matter of seconds?
I think I would do something like this:

1)a: If I was in the city the bomb went off in, find the nearest gun and shoot myself
1)b: If not in the city the bomb went off in follow the next steps
2): Immediately turn on all taps in the house, and fill as much water as possible
3) Build a mini fallout shelter in the middle of my house to provide as much protection from the radiation for the next 2 weeks
4) Gather up all my food
5) Gather all the blankets, and other equipment I would need
6) Seal off the house, tape up all and any air vents/windows/air intakes
7) Hole up in the shelter for 2-3 weeks ( or as long as possible )

A: Modern metropolis are built in a way that a nuke will do almost nothing to you if you are a couple of kilometers away, the most stupid thing you could do would be to shoot yourself

3 Unless you have concrete at hand, you wont be able to do this
4 probably not enough food for 2 or more weeks
6 and die for lack of oxygen
7 Id say 3 days
The best you can do is to go to the basement of a large building, even better if is on a second or third underground level

after the bomb has been set off, EVERYBODY will go to the nearest supermarket (imagine black friday three times worse with violent people) so you either get canned food now or find a way to get food after, the rest is wait

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well I'd probably see the Valley fill up with more people...

I saw a documentary (civil defence) from the 50s showing how the Gov planned to evacuate the people from London down here due to the geography of the place.. for some reason the Gov saw the Weald between the North and South Downs as providing some protection

Anyway I see that I have 3 main choices...

Dash to the hill opposite (there is an old secret squirrel bunker that was used to direct the DDay landings) Dash the other way and hide in the massive complex of tunnels behind me (about 17 miles of tunnels and chambers that go down about 300ft ) or take to sea in a boat..

The last is my preference since I have more faith in my and my families survival out in blue water than I do on land..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
so you think you can live through a nuke war
try this out and see where to go, there is no place to go for one city has min 5 yes 5 war heads have fun nuking laughingsquid.com... if your having trouble here is the direct link www.carloslabs.com... what is the size of the us arsenal? www.aolnews.com... from the link

The exact number as of Sept. 30, 2009, was 5,113 warheads, according to a U.S. fact sheet released Monday. The sheet also provided information on the dismantlement of warheads. The release was made as part of a meeting in New York to review the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
so you still think there will be a nuke war? think again the new war is going on and yes they will use dirty bombs and a nuke or 2 but that will be it. will we use nukes? no i think not, for war like ww2 is gone what you see is the war of today and tomorrow.
edit on 6-5-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

edit on 6-5-2011 by bekod because: word corection

edit on 6-5-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

You do realize not all those nukes are active/ready to be launched.
Also if countries were to have a nuclear exchange, it would be high value targets
IE the enemies military bases, nuclear silos, etc...

So long as you are away from any high value targets, then your odds of survival go up

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

well you probably did not know about this did you chattahbox.com...

Prompt Global Strike Missile Could Replace Nukes in the Future

April 23, 2010

(ChattahBox)—It looks like a nuke, acts like a nuke, but it isn’t. The new advanced missile system, called Prompt Global Strike deploys a conventional warhead at speeds faster than several times the speed of sound. Having pin-point accuracy with the capability of reaching a target anywhere around the globe in less than an hour, the Prompt Global Strike missile would become an important part of President Obama’s plan, called “Global Zero,” to reduce our dependence on nuclear weapons. But there still are some kinks to iron out with the technology. An early test version of the missile would not be ready, until 2014 or 2015. And there is the very real danger that other countries may mistake the Prompt Global Strike missile for a nuclear warhead and respond accordingly
so it could be mistaken as a nuke even though it is not one so why make it???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

a test won't even be ready until 2013-2015? I doubt it would even be in place until 2030. You do realize thats ALOT of time?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

yes well when it comes down to it they have all the time they need, for if they really wanted to use nukes the would have by now. think about it. Iran vs Israel India vs Pakistan NK vs SK, china vs Taiwan and the list goes on and as time goes by the defenses get better.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I will thank God that I don't live in a major city. If it comes close enough for radiation poisoning, then I will eat pie and then off myself. If I've got enough time, I'll try to make some type of survival unit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join