It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My fellow Americans: Who have you voted for President in your lifetimes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My first Presidential election was in 1988.

1988 - Michael Dukakis
1992 - Ross Perot
1996 - Bob Dole
2000 - Pat Buchanan

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Only one time before,

1978 Reagan.
and definitly will vote this year.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The winner everytime (don't ask me, I'm an enigma).

DiamondBack - Not a good track record, want some help? (Just funnin ya)

Marg - I am really curious why you haven't voted in so long but now will (not why you didn't vote, but what is so differnt this time that you will?)

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Only one time before,

1978 Reagan.
and definitly will vote this year.

Was that in a state election? I thought he ran in 1980.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
DiamondBack - Not a good track record, want some help? (Just funnin ya)

Haha. I always get it wrong, although twice I wasn't all that concerned about voting for someone who had a real shot of winning.

I guess it's good for politicians that I'm not a newpaper editor. Imagine if a Presidential candidate got my endorsement! They'd probably do whatever they could to not get my endorsement.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I know... I'm a young'n (almost 30)

1996 -> Bill Clinton (Perot was a runner up)
2000 -> Al Gore (Nader was a runner up)

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sorry I did campaign in 1978 for the state and then voted my first election in 1980 it is being a long time.

Well the reason I did not vote after that was because my husband been in the military we kind of lost track of elections while moving from base to base for the next 22 years and I kind of liked the Republicans at the time.

Now he is retired and we have settle into a regular life and we have more time to keep track of elections.
and candidates.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
1992 - Bush
1996 - Dole
2000 - Gore

What was I thinking! People do dumb things when they are young.

I almost voted for Bush in 2000! From Florida too! But he was just a little too right. He courted the Christian vote too hard. He just seemed full hatred for so many people. I was even reluctant, but I voted for Gore.

Now, I have become a lot more opened minded as I get older. When I was younger, it was my way or the highway. Now, I'm a little more mature, and I see that the liberals seem to be more American, and realistic, than the conservatives.

PS
I was a member of the Young Republicans as well! Oh man, I'm going to hell!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback
My first Presidential election was in 1988.
1988 - Michael Dukakis
1992 - Ross Perot
1996 - Bob Dole
2000 - Pat Buchanan

I also started voting in 1988. Activly helped with the Reagan Campaign in 1984

1988 Bush
1992 Perot
1996 Dole
2000 Bush

From 1996 - 2000 I would have prefered McCain

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

[I guess it's good for politicians that I'm not a newpaper editor. Imagine if a Presidential candidate got my endorsement! They'd probably do whatever they could to not get my endorsement.

So come on now....who is going to lose this time?

Give it up - who are you voting for? (Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself).

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

So come on now....who is going to lose this time?

Give it up - who are you voting for? (Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself).

I'm not completely certain. There are some aspects of the Constitution Party (Peroutka) that I like, such as immigration reform and more judicious use of military force, but the overemphasis on religion makes me wary of supporting such a platform. I believe I may just resort to a write-in candidate as a token vote for Tom Tancredo of Colorado, but there are aspects of his voting record in Congress that I don't care for either. I can tell you who I won't be voting for: John Kerry, George W. Bush, and Ralph Nader.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, I'm still in my 20's, so I haven't been voting for very long. Here goes:

U.S. President:
-------------------
1996 -- H. Ross Perot, Independent
2000 -- George W. Bush, Republican
2004 -- ???

I usually vote for Republicans for President and U.S. Congress, and Democrats for State & City political posts. My theory is that our government works best when the federal government is conservative, the State governments are moderate, and the City governments are liberal.
(The theory being that conservative ideas work well on large scales, but not small scales; and that liberal ideas work well on small scales, but not large scales.)

I told you I was all over the political map!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My first vote was in 2000...I live in Florida....I voted for Gore....my vote didn't count

2004 - Kerry

I would vote for a third party rep and I would have in 2000, but I want Bush out and I know that the only smart way to do that is to vote Dem unfortunately - I guess that's the great thing about FL, is that if I want I can vote out of my party.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am ashamed to admit I didn't vote my first chance in the 1988 election. But I was very unhappy with Bush Senior...mainly because all I heard about was "family values". And I felt that Quayle was a disgrace.

Voted for Clinton
Voted for Clinton
Voted for Gore
Hoped to vote for Edwards. Now will vote for Kerry/Edwards.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
1972 McGovern (yes, I was the one vote he got in Texas
)
1976 Carter
1980 Reagan (now you see why Reagan won...when a McGovern delegate in 1972 (state delegate) voted for Reagan in 1980)
1984 Mondale (reluctantly)
1988 Dukakis (reluctantly)
1992 Clinton
1996 Clinton
2000 Gore (unenthusiastically)
joey

2004-Kerry and Edwards

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I can tell you who I won't be voting for: John Kerry, George W. Bush, and Ralph Nader.

I feel the same way. I don't know if many people here are familiar with the Libertarian Party, but I personally believe in nearly all of their political ideals. That is why...

2004 - Michael Badnarik, Libertarian Party

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
voted for perot once...
don't vote anymore think its a waste of good paper...oh wait a minute we use electronic voting now...
see what it did to florida ...eeek....
i can just picture a retired veteran looking for a lil extra cash..
uh 1...2...3....huh...damnit....1...2...3...4...5...6...eh....whats next....1....2....3....4....5...66..67...68...
ah hell...theres more for bush...he wins...gimme a beer margey...doh!!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
1988 - Michael Dukakis (the first year I was old enough to vote in a pres. election)
1992 - Clinton
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore

2004 will be Kerry. Big suprise huh?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Voted for Clinton
Voted for Clinton
Voted for Gore

Now will vote for Kerry.

new topics

top topics