It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that OSAMA is out, what and who is next in Afghanistan/Pakistan to fill the power vacuum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Who will fill the power vacuum in the region if the US decides to pull out of Afghanistan?

Will there be an end to the Al Qaida organization and perhaps push the Taliban into the Power?

But even more worrying for New Delhi would be any sign that President Barack Obama will use the death to speed up withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan, leaving a vacuum that its nuclear-armed foe Pakistan and the Taliban may only be to happy to fill.

LINK

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
That would kind of require Osama to have been the head of the organization. Osama died quite a while ago, and even if he hadn't he's been completely irrelevant for quite a few years now.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I had a thought that probably doesn't deserve it's own thread so I'll put it in here as it kinda ties in.

US send navy seals with Black Hawk helicopters into Pakistan and start firing. Is this not an act of war? Just thinking this way because it's being reported here that the Pakistani authorities was not aware of the operation for fear of word getting out.

HUSAIN HAQQANI: We heard about it after the event when president Obama called president Zardari and subsequently when Admiral Mullen the chairman of the joint chiefs informed our military chief.

Source: www.abc.net.au...

So if this scenario is correct, then why would Pakistan not react to black hawks hovering over a house and soldiers attacking the house? They had a military base just down the road didn't they?

So taking that into account, it's quite safe to assume that:
a. Pakistan knew Bin Laden was there and knew that this would happen sooner or later
b. Pakistan didn't know he was there but was informed of the operation

Why are we being fed so much false information from reputable sources? It's beyond me.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
That would kind of require Osama to have been the head of the organization. Osama died quite a while ago, and even if he hadn't he's been completely irrelevant for quite a few years now.

Or maybe there is a new group which might have the capacity to replace OBL.

Maybe thats why Pakistani government gave away OBL? Just a thoguht.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Quite a number of possibilities but the big three have to be Mullah Mohammed Omar, Ayman al-Zawahiri and Anwar al-Awlaki.

I don’t think this will leave a power vacuum however, people have deluded themselves with the MSN message that Bin Laden was the leader of a group called Al’Qa’ida up until 2001 this was true however post 2001/2 his power started to dwindle. He didn’t have power in the sense of control, he was a symbolic power rather than a operational power controlling a group.

Saying that however I don’t think there will ever be anyone who will “fill his boots” so to speak. He was unique, it was the events of his life that made him such a influential figure amongst violent Islamic extremists along with his charisma and devotion to his ideology. Yes we may or rather will one day have another Terrorist who is going to be hunted in the same way as OBL however who that is, is impossible to tell.

join