It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine, now claims OBL never had kidney disease.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
healthland.time.com...

—ROBERT WINDREM, NBC News investigative reporter, debunking several myths about Osama bin Laden, including the pervasive belief that he suffered from kidney failure and required dialysis. Bin Laden had kidney stones, in fact, which are highly treatable and don't require medical machinery. Pakistani authorities also reported that the terrorist leader suffered from low blood pressure and an enlarged heart. Read more: healthland.time.com...

Here we go with the revisionist history folks!

Just last night a thread right here on ATS, quoted an article from some time ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I want to hi-lite a specific part of this article quoted

According to United Press International (Oct. 31, 2001), bin Laden underwent clandestine kidney treatment by Dr. Terry Calloway (Canadian urologist) for 11 days in July at the American Hospital in Dubai. During his hospital stay, bin Laden met with a U.S. CIA agent, according to French daily Le Figaro and Radio France International.

The day before the infamous September 11 terrorist attacks, bin Laden entered a military hospital for further kidney dialysis treatment in Raqalpindi, Pakistan, reported by CBS (Jan. 28, 2002). In an interview with CNN (Jan. 19, 2002), Pakistan’s President Pervez Musharraf hinted, “He (bin Laden) is dead for the reason he is a ...kidney patient.” Musharraf also mentioned that bin Laden took two dialysis machines with him into Afghanistan.

A few days later, Dr. Sanjay Gupta on CNN (Jan. 21, 2002) gave his professional assessment of bin Laden’s medical condition based on the videotape broadcasted by al Jazeera on December 27, 2001. He explained that bin Laden’s ghastly appearance — “grayness of beard, paleness of skin, very gaunt sort of features” — is often associated with chronic kidney failure or renal failure. He also noted that bin Laden couldn’t move his left arm probably due to a stroke because people suffering from kidney failures have a higher risk for stroke. Dr. Gupta pointed out that dialysis machines require electricity, clean water and a sterile environment to function properly. Without an operational machine, a patient could only survive for less than a week.

Now if he simply had "kidney stones" as NBC/MSNBC/TIME is stating WHY would he buy Dialysis machines? and if he simply had Kidney Stones why would Dr. Gupta, a HIGHLY respected person in the medical field state all these signs from OBL are clear cases of kidney failure?

Did Dr. Gupta just make up what he saw? Why would Mushareef tell us he bought TWO Dialysis machines?

Looks like the media is a already trying to spinjob folks each day it seems the story changes a little more

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Quite amazing indeed...

We are in the midst of another huge cover up. The difference now, is that the number of people who are actually aware of this type of thing is much greater. I've been truly amazed at the number of friends, family, and other people I have talked to that smell something funny with this Bin Laden business. I think more people are questioning this than have questioned anything else before.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I also found this of interest. I found a website that had some interesting info:

www.doctorzebra.com...

There seems to be contention as to whether or not he has kidney disease, as you have stated. Also it seems to be that there has been contention on the subject prior to the last few days. At least that is what the source i have found would suggest.

S&F

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Ya know, i dunno where to stand on this issue.
There are some diseases that are just not that big in countries other than the US.
In the US we have Diabetes, Cancer and a whole lot of other goo they just don't get that much of in the non gmo countries.
It is truly weird what happens to a body that has consumed mostly real food.
But who knows, maybe obl was a McDonalds fan when he came here for college.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkMan11
I also found this of interest. I found a website that had some interesting info:

www.doctorzebra.com...

There seems to be contention as to whether or not he has kidney disease, as you have stated. Also it seems to be that there has been contention on the subject prior to the last few days. At least that is what the source i have found would suggest.

S&F

How could a man, of such poor health, live so long, if he was indeed in the caves of tora bora, and living abroad as the worlds most wanted man would have to constantly be on the move, right? He obviously had some serious health problems, that would have required consistent medical care...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Another good question.

Vital Statistics
Bin Laden was born on March 10, 1957 [2a] .

General Appearance [How tall is Osama bin Laden?] A journalist who met bin Laden in the 1990s described him as 6 feet 4 inches in height and "lithe and muscular" [3]. His beard has been streaked with white since around January 2000 (at least), when he was described as "visibly aged" [2b] . He dyes his beard [1b].

Cardiovascular and General Health
A slim biography, published in Egypt in 1991 reported that about 1987 bin Laden had health problems that: forced him to lie down intermittently for hours at a time. He suffered from low blood pressure, which was treated by an Egyptian doctor from Peshawar, and diabetes, for which he received insulin shots. [2c]

Comment: Being "forced to lie down" could be a result of hypotension, autonomic dysfunction, or some other cause of weakness. It could also be a sign of pathological sleepiness (see below). Autonomic dysfunction can be a complication of diabetes.

"The CIA has determined that bin Laden has an enlarged heart and chronically low blood pressure" [4].

On Dec. 8, 1998, NBC News reported that bin Laden had only "months to live," explaining that he was suffering from heart problems and possibly cancer [2d] . Oops.

So at the very least he would need a steady supply of insulin. Which I don't imagine is readily available in the middle east. But I could be wrong.

Diabetes [Does Osama bin Laden have diabetes?]
A slim biography, published in Egypt in 1991 reported that about 1987 bin Laden had diabetes, for which he received insulin shots [2c] .

According to Time Magazine (July 1, 2002) "physicians who analyzed photos of bin Laden determined that he probably suffers from secondary osteoporosis, which is often related to diabetes and kidney trouble" [6].

I don't know how you treat secondary osteoporosis, but i doubt it would simplify matters.

Kidney (i.e. Renal) [Does Osama bin Laden need dialysis?]

There have been reports that bin Laden requires dialysis because of kidney disease [7].

CIA thought thought possibility of kidney disease was credible [1d].

The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency has concluded that bin Laden does not need dialysis, but does suffer from kidney stones [4].

A journalist who visited bin Laden's camp in the 1990s reported camp members saying that bin Laden had a kidney problem requiring him to drink large amounts of water. The journalist witnessed bin Laden constantly sipping water and green tea in the time they spent together [3].

On July 1, 2002, Time Magazine "reported that physicians who analyzed photos of bin Laden determined that he probably suffers from secondary osteoporosis, which is often related to diabetes and kidney trouble" [6].

Comment: Renal failure can be a complication of diabetes (which he may or may not have -- see above). Interestingly, occasional persons may have their diabetes improve after renal failure occurs, because insulin is retained longer in the body when kidney function is impaired.

The source for the statement i made bold is saying they knew since at least 2004.

4 Robert Windrem. "CIA is looking for a few good doctors." NBC News, Dec. 29, 2004.

But regardless, his health doesn't seem to be the best. This would suggest to me that regardless of Kidney disease, he would need semi-regular medical attention at least. So who was giving him medical attention?

edit on 4-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Because i can

edit on 4-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Double because i can

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Secondary Osteoperosis
Diabetes
Kidney disease

But it was kidney stones that made him look old, frail and look incredibly sick

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Al Jazeera World have a new lengthy piece called 'I knew bin Laden' with a segment called 'The Kidney Failure Myth' where after 4.05 they try to support this revelation by saying that during a visit to Bin Laden, they drank very sweet tea! Hah - has no one heard of the artificial sweeteners, saccharine, aspartame or stevia?

If hearsay of Bin Laden's sweet tooth convinces anybody of the 'kidney failure fail' - then I'm a banana!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This Is Pure 'Doublethink'

dou•ble•think ('d&-b&l-"thi[ng]k), noun, Date: 1949 : a simultaneous belief in two contradictory ideas.

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again: and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself. That was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink.'

new topics

top topics

join