It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important sighting: Huge UFO -- the size of a small city -- seen hovering over Saskatoon, Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is interesting, to say the least, but not simply because it's a "big" UFO. It's interesting especially now when so many are hearing the rumbling noise (sorry, but I'm coming to think, more and more, that UFOs are positioning themselves over cities). One thread here on ATS reports that a member saw, briefly, a UFO uncloak. The other aspect that may be even more fascinating is how the witness in this story "forgot" about the sighting. This was a huge object that the witness saw fly off but they wind up going inside and forgetting about it for a couple of days. Comments are welcomed...

My best estimate was that this UFO was at least 6 stories high and looked to me from the distance it appeared to be away from me to be at least a mile wide to two miles in length. I remember thinking how beautiful it was. The underside was extremely clear and my focus was on the designs that were underneath. They seemed to be mayan or even egyptian designs. With gold or silver trim and black fill the design looked to be some sort of maze.

UFO hovers over Canadian city
edit on 3-5-2011 by Visiting ESB because: word choice

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
This is interesting, to say the least, but not simply because it's a "big" UFO. It's interesting especially now when so many are hearing the rumbling noise (sorry, but I'm coming to think, more and more, that UFOs are positioning themselves over cities). One thread here on ATS reports that a member saw, briefly, a UFO uncloak. The other aspect that may be even more fascinating is how the witness in this story "forgot" about the sighting. This was a huge object that the witness saw fly off but they wind up going inside and forgetting about it for a couple of days. Comments are welcomed...

My best estimate was that this UFO was at least 6 stories high and looked to me from the distance it appeared to be away from me to be at least a mile wide to two miles in length. I remember thinking how beautiful it was. The underside was extremely clear and my focus was on the designs that were underneath. They seemed to be mayan or even egyptian designs. With gold or silver trim and black fill the design looked to be some sort of maze.

UFO hovers over Canadian city
edit on 3-5-2011 by Visiting ESB because: word choice

Great find...S&F but dated Dec, 2010

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

MMMmmm. . .I don't know. Something about his description seem. . .too familiar. It'l sink in, whatever it is that bugging me about it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
And yet not one single picture was taken of this city-sized craft.

Tell me, was Bigfoot piloting the craft? I hear he has a summer place in Saskatoon.

edit on 5/4/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Is it just me, or do people often see UFOs when they are about to have a cigarette?

In a way it sort of makes sense a little because a lot of people go outside to smoke, look at the sky, etc.
edit on 4-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Whats the guarantee that Even if he had clicked the photograph and submitted along with his log ..You will not call it "PHOTOSHOPED/CGI".

Secondly when someone eyewitness something like that they just came under state of shock and forget whats going on around them.
edit on 4-5-2011 by infomaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Tell me, was Bigfoot piloting the craft? I hear he has a summer place in Saskatoon.

I thought the same thing -- why no photo? However, the nature of this sighting may explain that. Remember, he saw it, thought it was beautiful, but forgot about it soon after. It seems like, if there was any control of that person's thoughts, and the motives of the ETs was in part to hide their existence, then it stands to reason that they would cloud the witness's mind enough to forget to take a photo. Then again, if they were anything like me, I don't have a camera that works right now, not even on my cell phone.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Saw this on mufon this morning; definitely an interesting report..

Witnesses in a lot of strange cases like that have also reported that they suddenly forgot, or felt the whole thing was no big deal until days later when they realize they actually saw something bizarre, and should be very excited about it...

It has happened to witnesses many times, but that facet about these cases was not told or discussed too much, that I ever heard of, except from reading about it in books..

I have family members that had this same effect happen to them after seeing a UFO in Washington state, and when they told me about the sighting, they didn't act very excited and even seemed a bit bored with the whole affair.. It wasn't until 10 years later that I read about this "effect" happening to some witnesses in similar cases..

I think cases like these are worth paying close attention too.. Hope to learn more

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
the way to know a sucker that big is above you, is by the lack of "dew" at night..... like NONE, in a humid area etc....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
the way to know a sucker that big is above you, is by the lack of "dew" at night..... like NONE, in a humid area etc....

What do you mean? Has this happened to you?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

I thought the same thing -- why no photo? However, the nature of this sighting may explain that. Remember, he saw it, thought it was beautiful, but forgot about it soon after. It seems like, if there was any control of that person's thoughts, and the motives of the ETs was in part to hide their existence, then it stands to reason that they would cloud the witness's mind enough to forget to take a photo. Then again, if they were anything like me, I don't have a camera that works right now, not even on my cell phone.

Yeah, but it's not just the guy who says he saw it. I would think that a city-sized spacecraft would draw a LOT of attention. Even if dude was mesmerized, at least one other person in Saskatoon might have a camera or a cellphone handy to record the event.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Please read the article carefully prior to start debunking:

I then told my wife and posted on facebook, hoping someone else would have seen it.Nothing came back, no sightings.

So in this case eyewitness try its best to figure out what the hell he had witnessed that night..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm from Saskatoon. Are you gonna tell me that this guy saw a mile wide UFO on a mild evening (mild evenings in Dec. in Saskatoon are a bonus) on a Saturday night right before Christmas.(prime shopping time) and nobody else in the city saw it? Uhm...my bovine excrement meter just went off the scale.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
I'm from Saskatoon. Are you gonna tell me that this guy saw a mile wide UFO on a mild evening (mild evenings in Dec. in Saskatoon are a bonus) on a Saturday night right before Christmas.(prime shopping time) and nobody else in the city saw it? Uhm...my bovine excrement meter just went off the scale.

That fact alone works against a hoax. If he were intent on pulling off a hoax, he would most likely have selected a remote location for his story, not a city. Also, if they caused him to forget the sighting it's just as possible that the entire town was in the same mental fog as him, causing them to forget and not have much interest too.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian

That fact alone works against a hoax. If he were intent on pulling off a hoax, he would most likely have selected a remote location for his story, not a city. Also, if they caused him to forget the sighting it's just as possible that the entire town was in the same mental fog as him, causing them to forget and not have much interest too.

The Aliens parked their mile-wide saucer in plain sight over a major town, zapped everyone with a mesmerizing beam so that they would be too enthralled to take photos or videos, and upon leaving wiped everyone's memory of the event BUT his so that he would look foolish.

Or he just made it up.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

I was thinking the same thing. I'm in Regina and I think I would have heard of this..

top topics

join