It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The revenge of Mother Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If we agree that our planet possesses consciousness, and it is aware of our evil, ego-driven habits and intentions, could it decide to get rid of us by causing multiple natural disasters? For example, a virus/bacteria has consciousness, but not as much consciousness as a human being. When human being gets ill, and realizes the cause of his distress, he starts popping antibiotics or tries to find ways to kill off the bad bacteria in order to bring his system back to balance. In the process, the beneficial bacteria dies too, but that's the cost of war. However, if our planet has higher consciousness than a human would have, maybe it can tell the difference between "good" regions and "bad" regions, and only destroy those that are causing havoc, without doing any or very little damage to the good parts. Like, for example, since I have super high awareness, I know that I have an infection, but I will not use antibiotics which wipe out the good and the bad (because I am intelligent), and instead will use garlic, which will only kill the bad.

On the other hand, if you look at the inhabitants of this planet, it is usually the poor and the ones that actually care for earth that die in these natural disasters, and rich wealthy nations that have no regard for ecological reprecussions, tend to escape all major disasters.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EternalThought
If we agree that our planet possesses consciousness, and it is aware of our evil, ego-driven habits and intentions, could it decide to get rid of us by causing multiple natural disasters? For example, a virus/bacteria has consciousness, but not as much consciousness as a human being. When human being gets ill, and realizes the cause of his distress, he starts popping antibiotics or tries to find ways to kill off the bad bacteria in order to bring his system back to balance. In the process, the beneficial bacteria dies too, but that's the cost of war. However, if our planet has higher consciousness than a human would have, maybe it can tell the difference between "good" regions and "bad" regions, and only destroy those that are causing havoc, without doing any or very little damage to the good parts. Like, for example, since I have super high awareness, I know that I have an infection, but I will not use antibiotics which wipe out the good and the bad (because I am intelligent), and instead will use garlic, which will only kill the bad.

On the other hand, if you look at the inhabitants of this planet, it is usually the poor and the ones that actually care for earth that die in these natural disasters, and rich wealthy nations that have no regard for ecological reprecussions, tend to escape all major disasters.

Thoughts?

Yeah shes pissed alright.
Shes very pissed about us just sucking oil out of her teet like a hungry newborn.

Then again it's not really the mass populations fault. It's that small percentage that causes and manipulates to cause all the havoc. Karma will whip those into shape or do with them sooner or later though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Interesting. . .
And what if she already attempted to separate the good from the bad-and it didn't work-

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conscious

Yeah shes pissed alright.
Shes very pissed about us just sucking oil out of her teet like a hungry newborn.

This makes absolutely no sense. If we didn't drill for it, it would leak out anyway. The earth is trying to expel the oil. Maybe we are doing "Mother Earth" a favor by removing it?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

wealthier areas tend to have less natural disasters for a reason,location,and price to live at these locations,everything is consciousness, but everything is strategic, theres alot of evil going on and it reflects back to us as a whole,the planet is indiscriminate and objection less, it sees the threat as a whole,not individuals,thats our job,so lets do the earths duty and rid the world of evil doers,the real ones not the boogie men on tv

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Nah, its just earths immune system, trying to fight off the crap us humans are letting out in her.
See, we are a cancer or more like an hiv / aids to this world. The earth has its ways of cleaning its self.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This makes absolutely no sense. If we didn't drill for it, it would leak out anyway. The earth is trying to expel the oil. Maybe we are doing "Mother Earth" a favor by removing it?

Yeah naturally it leaks out. Not very much though.
It is very possible that mother earth has that oil there for a reason, and not for us humans.

We are pumping it out at an EXTREMELY alarming rate.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Conscious because: fixed quote

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This topic reminds me of the Mel Gibson movie Apocalypto, at the beginning when the story of a man/men was told. . .

Quote:

"" And a Man sat alone, drenched deep in sadness. And all the animals drew near to him and said, "We do not like to see you so sad. Ask us for whatever you wish and you shall have it." The Man said, "I want to have good sight." The vulture replied, "You shall have mine." The Man said, "I want to be strong." The jaguar said, "You shall be strong like me." Then the Man said, "I long to know the secrets of the earth." The serpent replied, "I will show them to you." And so it went with all the animals. And when the Man had all the gifts that they could give, he left. Then the owl said to the other animals, "Now the Man knows much, he'll be able to do many things. Suddenly I am afraid." The deer said, "The Man has all that he needs. Now his sadness will stop." But the owl replied, "No. I saw a hole in the Man, deep like a hunger he will never fill. It is what makes him sad and what makes him want. He will go on taking and taking, until one day the World will say, 'I am no more and I have nothing left to give.'"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i, for one, will be glad when she whoops our a$$.....we need it for putting up with all the mess we put up with, all because of $$$$$....We are like a HIV drug user riding her back....sticking a needle in every vein we can find in her....

Oil is there for a reason and I can bet you it is not to power a car so we can ride around and look cool....
edit on 3-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Assuming consciousness, then the planet would have to take out the good with the bad, since really... there is too much bad in this world and not enough good. The amount of back covers every corner and hides the good for the most part. It's almost like a thick evil layer covering a thin good layer, no matter where you strike you'll be making someone good suffer.

top topics

join