It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick question to the veterans here...has any prediction on ATS actually come true???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've been here now about half a year and seen dozen of these predictions of which absolutely none have come true. Just curious to know if there ever actually was one that was actually accurate.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Nice topic!

As a new member here, it would be great to know of any predictions which came true ...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well im not exactly a 'veteran' ive only been on here for a couple months. BUT since the Japan disaster there were all sorts of predictions that further quakes would hit Japan, Yellowstone was set to blow, California will be hit by a mega quake. Needless to say all these dates given have been and gone, now I have an instinctive feeling that something big is on its way. But no in my few months on here ive never seen a prediction come true.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Not a single one to my knowledge during the last 4 years.

Would love to know myself though, good question.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
One guy had a dream and posted his prediction a month before the japan disaster...

Im sure someone can find the link.

Im always a sceptic about predicting anything but that one impressed me, not to mention the actual poster. I think he was a bit shocked too

thats the only one i've seen that actually come true...

edit on 3-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Yes there has been tons of predictions that have come true. From earthquakes, disasters etc. But most are just pure luck. Also...There are more false predictions than true ones. There have also been claims that people have before. Just go to the Predictions & Prophecies Forum or the Dreams & Predictions Forum... Dreams and Predictions is more of personal predictions.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
One guy had a dream and posted his prediction a month before the japan disaster...

Im always a sceptic about predicting anything but that one impressed me, not to mention the actual poster. I think he was a bit shocked too

Yea, JakiusFogg pretty much nailed it. Here is the thread you speak of: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by goochball

Originally posted by Akragon

Yea, JakiusFogg pretty much nailed it. Here is the thread you speak of: www.abovetopsecret.com...

yup thats the one!

Thats the only one i've ever seen actually come true, if you read though the posts i was sceptical as well...but after i went back and read it, i was shocked!

Even had to appoligise

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Ha ^^...that's a good one. The guy was surprised himself though and happened to hit the nail on the head.

I mean more along the lines of: " Hear hear!!! This and that will happen. I am a wizard from the third dimension and I have spoken." You know. Predictions with conviction...that rhymes lol

anyway...those kind of predictions....and older ones...like the invasion in Iraq for example.
edit on 3-5-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

I think i've seen a few of those around here, theres aliens here too apparently so *shrug*

I've never seen a prediction come down to a date though, i still believe those type of predictions don't exist

But who knows

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In 2003. The prediction that the war in Iraq and Afghanistan was going to go on Indefinitely. Has come true.

In 2004. The prediction that S@#$% was about to hit the fan when numerous submarines gathered in and around the indian ocean for no apparent reason, eventually became the catastrophe of the Thailand Tsunami.

In 2005. The prediction that the housing boom was simply unsustainable and eventually would crash real estate market came true.

In 2005. The prediction that by 2020 China was going to be the new super power. We don't have to wait till 2020 anymore, China is already a super power if not the new super power.

In 2006. The prediction that the american dollar was going to crash, it hasn't come true yet, but it's seems to be dying a slow and painful death.

This are just a few.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Good predictors don't predict for free. They require at least a tip of the hat.

I have got at least a tip of the hat many times. For tax purposes I can't say more.

Don't believe it? Then don't.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
IDK about Foggs japan 9.0 quake prediction japan always has quakes...

I had a prediction about the 10days before japans last large quake and I was right on it. I made a thread it didnt get noticed though.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This Saturday, Kentucky Derby Race Day... We will see my picks come true....

Uncle Mo, Dialed In, Archarcharch, Comma to the Top, Pants on Fire, Midnight Interlude, Soldat, Brilliant Speed, (Irish import) Master of Hounds, Twice the Appeal, Nehro, Mucho Macho Man.

Decisive Moment, Animal Kingdom, Stay Thirsty, Santiva, Watch Me Go, Shackleford, Twinspired, Derby Kitten, Sway Away and Ruler on Ice.

there are 22 entries named above for the Derby, but only 20 will run

my 4 picks to box in Exacta/Quinella/Trifecta picks will be:
Pants on Fire, Dialed In, Shackleford, Midnight Interlude

* all this depends on the starting positions (being drawn today),

my bet is that a 15-1 will Win in 1st,
a 3-1 or higher will Place 2nd,
and a favorite will Show in 3rd place
Archarcharch will make the Money in 4th position

new topics

top topics

join