It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Gates and David Petraeus were in Abbottabad last year, within walking distance of Bin Laden!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well in the bizzaro world we live in this shouldn't be a surprise...right?

First, Gates (PDF). An unclassified document from the Department of Defense quotes Gates at the Pakistan Military Academy in January of 2010. That’s the same Pakistan Military Academy that’s within walking distance of Bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad.

Next, Petraeus. Check

Source

What are the chances they had a nice steak dinner together?

This can't be a coincidence...at best a HUGE embarrassment!

edit on 3-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Going to make the popcorn. You know this # won't be covered by MSM at all.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I remember SkyNews saying Sunday night that "someone" built the compound for $1.5M (an unheard of amount of money for construction in Pakistan, they said) in 2005 in which OBL was allegedly found and captured in and that no one knew who the "someone" was. They implied that some in the government knew who built it. They also said their source had proven extremely reliable in the past. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

Very odd that both Gates and Petraeus were there, eh? Don't know quite what to make of this, other than maybe they already knew he was there, which according to some reports, they did since last August.

Was Abbottabad a target for any of the drones, by the way? Maybe some connections there too.
edit on 5/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well there is a large Pakistani military base there... and the U.S is droning the Western border. Glad he showed up so he isn't just a name, but a face to the "war".

I don't think this, personally, has ANYTHING to do with Bid Laden.
Although, I bet they are like "Woah.. We were JUST there. lol"

Just tell us what you really think?.. Stop beating around the bush (no pun intended)

So, Gates was there meeting with Bin Laden?..
Giving him USD$?...
Providing him weapons?...
Planning his "death"?...

*sigh*
edit on 3-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
...Damn that sounds quite fishy! To be in that town ... I'd understanding being in Islamabad which is the Capital but not in Abbottabad ...

And it's true the $1.5m amount is a VERY VERY high amount to pay for a house to be built in that area. You would maybe pay that much in the poshest place in Islamabad ... MAYBE!!!

I've previously lived in Pakistan for a few Years, so I know the round about figures for buildings etc. there!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

the bin laden corp built it.
wouldn't be surprised if it was contract money from the u.s.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
They were there looking for a cool looking pad for the propaganda piece.

I kinda find it funny they keep saying the place is a new construction but the walls and complex show serious signs of aging from all the pictures I've seen.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i was listening to a radio show last year where they were interviewing some guy reporting on the smuggling of falcons to rich arabs.Apparently they love to fly their birds which cost huge money but cant take the heat of the east and drop like flys.Its illegal to buy them but anyways,the reporter on a side note mentioned he came to a village where the locals told him bin laden was living. He became so sure it was true he contacted the cia and fbi and was told mind his own business.They werent interested in it and he was threatened to stop inquiring. At the time I thought Bull# Bin laden is dead, But maybe he was right and the usa knew where he was all the time.He said it would all be in a documentary he was making

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Going to make the popcorn. You know this shi 'ite won't be covered by MSM at all.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/470da9dc6f21.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What are the chances they had a nice steak dinner together?

Having a steak while steaking out? Yeah, I can dig that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They were doing the tiling
in OBL's bathroom !
No conspiracy here !

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Exactly my thoughts. They contracted some drunk terrorists to build a crappy wall or two or three on the outskirts of the corner lot... You could practically see over the outmost exterior one (7 ft). Maybe the Abbotabadis are short?
I don't know. And come on people, did you see the "blanket fence" they made around the broken helicopter that is still laying there? Some of the pictures from inside showed sheets missing off of a sweet foam (mattress?) I bet that's how they made the blanket fence for sure.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This would have quite a coincidence, but the fact that a military academy is present in the city tells us that there is no conspiracy involving either man and Bin Laden. They were there simply on business with the Pakistani military.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The more I think about this. The more I'm thinking that Osama Outlived his usefulness and was taken out.
More than likely it was known where he was. And not only knew but probably built that place for him to hideout in.

The MO is the same. A certain 3 letter agency uses someone. Then once they are done with them they get taken out.
Noriega, saddam and more. Used and dumped.

sad.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Let's not forget about this piece of the puzzle,

Al-Awlaki's Pentagon dinner just months after 9/11...

They rub our nose in it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Everyone else must think coincidence?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have no clue if this has been mentioned anywhere but wanted to document it even though I can't seem to find any source for this story that was relayed to me by a coworker.

He said he saw a report (he thinks it was on CNN) about the locals being interviewed this week calling OBL's compound in Abbotabad by the name of the mountain in Afganistan that his cave was in and snickering? I'm not sure what the name of the mountain is...Ever White Mountain, maybe? Rumor has it, they've been calling the compound by that name for years?

If not, I'll let this go. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Extremely interesting.

When it comes to criminal investigations, such coincidences are very often looked at with suspicion.

Personally I don't know what to think, I just know that the idiotic American public is going to ignore this.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm still surprised this info ddn't turn more heads...

(this is my last bump)

top topics

join