It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believing In Conspiracy Theories Is A Form Of Psychosis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well ya... it is a kinda psychosis....making them..believeing them..and not believing them!!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Wellllllllllllllllllll, this PhD in Clinical Psychology has studied globalism etc since I worked as acting Director of the University LIbrary Special Collections Dept 1965-1969 . . . which, at that time, held the

Norman Allderdice collection, now in Berkeley:

www.oac.cdlib.org...

I would not doubt that some attracted to the topic have mental health problems just as some attracted to buttons or painting or gardening or woodworking or Nascar or knives . . . have mental problems. Any large group of people will include some with mental problems.

And, where there's an intensity of emotion and some out-of-the-mainstream focus, there may even be some group norms a bit different than the national averages.

However, when, as in this case regarding globalism, NWO, one world government, the illuminati etc. are concerned--THE REALITY IS WORSE THAN FICTION. That's not mental illness to note that!

The folks willfully running around blind and resting with their heads in the sand in horrific denial--they are the ones with the worst mental health problems vis a vis globalism, NWO etc.

That stuff is NOT THEORY. There's no "theory" to it. It's fact.

Sure they put out lots of disinformation to confuse the picture. That doesn't change the underlying facts.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Believing In Conspiracy Theories Is A Form Of Psychosis.

It is more interesting to study why some people believe in conspiracy theories, although such studies themselves could be another obsession to some.
Here is an excellent article by Tomas Solarici:

LEGAL FALLACIES IN CONSPIRACY THEORY:
noriohayakawa2012.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We all live on a planet where we're consuming the resources at a rate that's not sustainable, we vote in criminals who represent corporate interests rather than the "people". We give taxes to our governments to stage wars that only benefit the oil and arms companies. We grant rights to companies so they can pollute the enviroment and fill our landscapes with dangerous nuclear facilities. We allow millions of children to die each year from having no clean water or decent food. I wont even get into the junk on tv people waste their lives watching !

On that basis i'd say nearly everyone on earth's a bit psychotic.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Mainstream media is getting scary. If you look at history you know conspiracy exists. And now conspiricy theorists are insane? Sounds like propaganda to me...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Cloistered away from the normal logic of the larger populace,believing in what you think is correct excluding common knowledge?
That's a politician in Washington.
I enjoy exploring the possibilities ,I can't accept what I haven't witnessed as fact,but I am at least looking.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Believing in god is worse. Conspiracy theorists at least try to provide evidence (even if often misguided) and justify their belief logically, they do not claim to believe, but to know. Believers in god just have to "believe", and they even consider belief with no evidence itself a virtue, which is a height of self-delusion, because belief without conclusive evidence is a vice.

There are many fringe conspiracy theorists who make wild claims without evidence, though. Some of the religious, and some conspiracy theorists, are less rational than others.
Neither religion/theism nor conspiracy theories should be dismissed out of hand without serious thought. As a Christian, I much prefer believing in an unscientifically-proven creator than believing in some of the more out-there conspiracy theories that lack compelling evidence. Many intelligent Christians would say that there are some compelling arguments for Christianity's authenticity.
To condemn theism while defending belief in some conspiracy theories which have no evidence would be illogical.
edit on 31/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yes I agree,theorists are easy pickins for Gov.debunkers and thats bad for all of us.I think it just might be we are reaching to high,911,flight800 and UFO`s.My number one story is something we at least have writen proof and that is the missing documents of Timothy McVeigh.When last I looked on Wki John Ashcroft asked the Inspector Gen.to investigate why the documents that were never intended to be handed over to defence lawers suddenly stoped [by presidential order] the greatest exicution ever televised on planet earth.This story if it ever got out would give the FBI the credit it deserves.Thousands of official fedral documents.Not one American has filed a freedom of information exept me.On CNN a member of the 911 oversight com.said "occording to Colleen Rowler the[ FBI whistle blower] the FBI was following due prosess but according to the 4000 missing McVeigh documents the FBI run`s there office like a bunch of cowboys now which is it?it can`t be both! my fellow "knights of light" if we don`t jump on this one it will show once and for all what a stupid people we are. love you guys, evonalson

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join