It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who think's death is a big sleep nothing more?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is paranormal studies...so the question is what i need answered.

How many people on ats think death is nothingness.

Basically like when you go to sleep and dont dream....But you dont care if your dead or alive..
pitch black nothingness for eternity cause you never wake up...

So how many think this way?
or is it just me?
If so wouldn't it be better to die in your sleep?
Therefore you don;t know you died.

Oh and if you agree do you have trouble going sleeping at night for fear of the darkness now?

edit on 2-5-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I've thought about this alot before. Granted no one is right in answering your questions, to each their own. IMO, our consciousness is enough evidence for me to know that there is a purpose for our existence. A lot of things in the universe can't be explained by us, but why would we be able to comprehend our own existence if after we die there is vast nothingness. The universe exists because its the way our minds percieve it. In other words without us, the universe wouldn't exist. So no, I don't think we spend an eternity asleep. Good post though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I do believe it would be the best sleep. Feeling nothing must be relaxing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The notion that my conscience will cease to exist when I die is silly imo. The energy of "me" will exist on.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
For it to be pitch black nothingness, that would imply someone is perceiving the nothingness no? So it's still subconsciously interjecting the expectation of awareness to some extent.

Also during 'sleep' we have 'dreams'.
So I would suggest during the 'big sleep' it would be expected to have a 'big dream'.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
How do we know we have "energy", consciousness, or even a "soul"? I think death is sleep. And waking up could be reincarnation.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
the ol dirt nap
I've held the hand of some one while they died...
looked to me like they just left their body and just kept going...

tho I don't subscribed to a christian after life,
I do subscribe to an afterlife
now

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
How do we know we have "energy", consciousness, or even a "soul"? I think death is sleep. And waking up could be reincarnation.

Ergo Cogito Sum. I think therefore I am.

Your ability to perceive and question things is the evidence that your consciousness exists.

You may not have proof that the Universe actually exists (it could be an illusion), but you are 100% for sure questioning if it exists, so it is evident that you exist.

How do we know we have "energy"?
The Universe is composed of two things, "something" and "nothing".
Energy is clearly the "something", rather than the "nothing".

Ask yourself, does "something" exist? If you know that you exist, than something must exist. Therefore you know by default logic that you are essentially energy.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Roger Waters said it best a very long time ago....

Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long cold rest.
You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
Eighty years, with luck, or even less.

from Pink Floyd. Free Four from Obscured By Clouds album

It's always nice to think there is something else out there. Something after we die. But I just don't see how that's the case. Maybe some people "ascend" like Daniel Jackson did and can live on, but I believe ...Death is a long cold rest."

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

how do you know youre awake if you have never been to sleep?
how do you know youre alive if you have never died?

those questions roll round n round n round in my head.
its just a different state is death,more of the same but with some slight higher or lower consciousness.

whos really to know individually if they are higher or lower?
thats the really question
how can u prove it?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FadetoBlack69
Roger Waters said it best a very long time ago....

Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long cold rest.
You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
Eighty years, with luck, or even less.

from Pink Floyd. Free Four from Obscured By Clouds album

It's always nice to think there is something else out there. Something after we die. But I just don't see how that's the case. Maybe some people "ascend" like Daniel Jackson did and can live on, but I believe ...Death is a long cold rest."

I didn't see how shadow people could exist either. But after I saw one that one time, I realize now they actually do somehow exist. I cannot fathom how it's even possible but it apparently is.

All of my predictions and expectations were that they did NOT exist at all. All of the values and scales of which I was gauging my prediction by were totally wrong. There was no way I could have expected such a thing to have been the case, however fate somehow accidentally revealed the unrealistic to be the realistic.

This is a major problem when dealing with large unknowns. We simply cannot fathom how the rules actually work here, nor do we have the privileged frame of reference to even figure out the unknown unknowns.

So no matter what your opinion is about "life after death", I will not trust a single person's natural intuition on this type of inexplicable unknown feature.

When I saw that shadow thing the 'rules of the game' went out the window you see? What we think is "physics" is a primitive joke compared to whatever is actually going on here.

We don't have a clue.
But hey, we like to eat bananas.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I believe it MAY be something like before we are born. I have no knowledge of my existence before birth...no conciousness. Death could be the same, but who really knows?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
does the nothingness scare you? god it would scare me. forever and enternity of nothingness after you die......your there then your.............................gone forever. Its hard to think about.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
does the nothingness scare you? god it would scare me. forever and enternity of nothingness after you die......your there then your.............................gone forever. Its hard to think about.

That scares be like crazy, i dont want to just end their and then. But i guess if that was too happen we wouldnt know.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

It was forever and an eternity of nothingness before I was born too though....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DC449

That scares be like crazy, i dont want to just end their and then. But i guess if that was too happen we wouldnt know.

Yeah i guess so if you look at it that way. but before you were born it was easy because you were not self aware. now that you are it doesent scare you the least bit?

edit on 3-5-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
This is paranormal studies...so the question is what i need answered.

How many people on ats think death is nothingness.

Basically like when you go to sleep and dont dream....But you dont care if your dead or alive..
pitch black nothingness for eternity cause you never wake up...

So how many think this way?
or is it just me?
If so wouldn't it be better to die in your sleep?
Therefore you don;t know you died.

Oh and if you agree do you have trouble going sleeping at night for fear of the darkness now?

edit on 2-5-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

If it is what you truly desire. I, however, don't wish that for anyone. It sounds like Hell unless you are a master of consciousness, in which case, I doubt you'd want to be alone and in the dark (which is why everything exists the way that it does in this reality according to some). Back to square one.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

i'm on board with the 'big sleep' idea...

no, going to sleep does not bother me as you put it.

even Jesus told his disciples that many who 'sleep' (those already dead & in the grave) will get called up to a judgement... so the 'deep sleep' is the normal state of affairs for the majority of people

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If it ends in a big sleep, what does it matter? Why worry about it?

You wont know anyway - the key bit for me will be how painless that is!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Your interpreting the scripture wrong. When it says sleep your earthly body will sleep (die) but your soul/spirit goes to heaven to await the coming of Christ. Then you are awakened from sleep with a real body instead of a spirit body. Then you are judged by Christ after all spirits heaven and hell regain their perfect flesh , its just you burn hell instead if your in hell , both Christians and non Christians are judged for all to see

If he is real..and if he is I hope you guys chose well if he isn't you won't care

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join