It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENTERTAINMENT: Liberals Setting Up New TV Network to Counteract Bias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A group of investors fed up with the "conservative" bias on CNN and Fox News are now in the first stages of setting up a new television network with a proclaimed liberal bias. Many leading liberal media figures are jumping on board for this, even the man who created Howard Dean's campaign ads. This plan follows in the path of Al Gore who is busy creating his own TV network.

www.wired.com
A group of progressive media activists covering the Democratic National Convention in Boston plans to launch a new television network to counter the conservative news coverage they see on Fox News and CNN.

The group includes one of the producers of the Clinton documentary, The Hunting of the President, and the author of a book about corporate influence on politics, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: The Truth About Corporate Cons, Globalization and High-Finance Fraudsters. Also on board are a veteran record producer, multimedia producers for the Democratic Party's website, leftist bloggers and the former head of the Dean Media Team Network, which produced online ads for the Howard Dean presidential campaign.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I would think that this is a good idea, the more opinions we have avaliable the more informed decisions we can make. The only question is that, will this network have viewers outside of New York or California?

This could potentially be a huge disaster in ratings and yet many believe America is ready for a more liberal voice that many believe America agrees with.

Personally I never thought CNN was that biased toward Republicans.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Let's hope that it is a little more successful then the Air America radio network

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is yet one more item of proof that the liberal agenda is not popular with mainstream America, whether it be Republican, or Democrat. CNN is liberal, as is NPR, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS et. al. They have most recently tended to air a more conservative view point because the liberal garbage they were spewing was causing quite a drop in viewership. It seems, contrary to belief, that America loves Fox News. Fox News is where to find a conservative view, and never fail to check out rushlimbaugh.com for up to the minute commentary on the ridiculous charades put forth by the liberal democrats out there.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
just one question for everyone who hates Michael Moore....

How is Rush Limbaugh any different?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The three items listed in my subject are the backbone of America. These items are what the liberals are trying to destroy. If we abandone these three American beliefs we are doomed as a Nation.
Is it your wish as an American citizen to be controlled by this minority of traitors?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
This is yet one more item of proof that the liberal agenda is not popular with mainstream America, whether it be Republican, or Democrat. CNN is liberal, as is NPR, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS et. al. They have most recently tended to air a more conservative view point because the liberal garbage they were spewing was causing quite a drop in viewership. It seems, contrary to belief, that America loves Fox News. Fox News is where to find a conservative view, and never fail to check out rushlimbaugh.com for up to the minute commentary on the ridiculous charades put forth by the liberal democrats out there.

Well said, you covered what i was thinking. There is a reason Fox News has been leading in the ratings. People were and still are tired of the same old Liberal News coverage. And where do they get off saying CNN is conservative?

I noticed something watching the Convention on Wednesday night. They were interviewing a Republican, i can't remeber his name but he recently crossed sides from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party, eitherway he was questioning whether or not Kerry was capable of taking on the job of President and before he could make his point they booted him off only to talk to a Republican who was saying good things about Kerry. Its not suprising but just something i noticed.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
The three items listed in my subject are the backbone of America. These items are what the liberals are trying to destroy. If we abandone these three American beliefs we are doomed as a Nation.
Is it your wish as an American citizen to be controlled by this minority of traitors?

True! I like Michael Savage's view on borders, "Close them off". No one comes in unless they are a US citizen. Harsh but it is the only way. We spend way too much money keeping these illegals alive once they SNEAK in. Welfare, Food Satmps...need i say more? Then to top it off, they come in and take away the jobs for the poor Americans making our homeless situation worse. I live in Houston Texas and thats how i see it.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It won't be long before George Soros joins the group. I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned as one of the initial investors.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is stuuuuuuuuuupid. Liberals already have their own TV network. It's called CNN (Communist News Network). They want something even more liberal? YIKES! That would be hard to do!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
just one question for everyone who hates Michael Moore....

How is Rush Limbaugh any different?

For one, i could care less if the libs are going to make a desperate attempt to get more supporters for Democratic Party, its good to make your opinion based on several different sources. You can not compare the two, Limbaugh may think he knows everything but he doesn't call his opinions facts, like Michael Moore does in his movie. And...on the Limbaugh's radio show anyone can call up and challenge his views, unlike Michael Moores mockumentary.

The question still remains...
Are the Libs scared of Fox News and Talk Radio? They should be because the American people are getting tired of only hearing one side of the story from the Liberal Media.

Pat Grey, Glenn Beck, Chris Baker, Rush, and Michael Savage are the Talk Radio Gods. Check them out, in Houston they are on 950 KPRC. I think they even have a website KPRC.COM.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, I hope that they invite all sides to participate in discussion. Say what you may about Fox News, they always invite opposing views to come on and state their case.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
When Michael Moore debated Bill O'Reilly recently, I thought it was a step in the right direction!

[edit on 7/31/2004 by lockheed]

new topics

top topics

join