It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that show THE HAUNTING real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm missing something well known, but if these shows are real....where has all the reporting on the cases been?

I was watching a couple of episodes yesterday, and the show is set up like a show that is based on facts. Some of the people choose not to have their identity aired, blurred out, etc.

But I saw some ASTOUNDING things on these shows! Things that would change the way people see this world.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well the SHOW is real... the content of said show.... NOT SO MUCH ......

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Television severely exaggerates the events in order to entertain people. That is all.

Second line

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Take it from me. Nothing on TV is "real". Everything is scripted, even shows like the haunting have a story arc in every episode, a cast of characters, etc. Look at the news, they get real stories, write the dialogue for the story, and they have to write it so they lead into the next story well. For example they did it beautifully cutting from the carnage of the alabama tornadoes, to the royal wedding. The situations actually happen but they compromise on what to tell you so the stories go together. It's not a bad thing most of the time but when shows like Ghost Hunters, go to a real place and interview real people, and then stay in the haunted houses and cut to commercial everytime a noise puts a shocking look on their faces, then when you come back it's nothing. It's a setup. I think most of these shows mix real events with fake events and call it a day.

I wouldn't use any of these types of shows as real case work. Just to untrustworthy.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The bad news is, the show is still around and just started a 7th season after moving to Destination America. Or, I should say, shows--there are at least two, A Haunting and The Haunted--this post refers to A Haunting, to which show did the OP refer? I have mostly managed to avoid it--I find it repetitive and mostly not well-made, deplored the inclusion of the Warrens, and of course heard that at least one of the two stories which kicked off the series, the one in Connecticut, was fake. Unpleasant things have also been said about the Wyrick family in Georgia on which the other program was based. Unfortunately every once in awhile there is really nothing else on that I haven't seen and I do happen to catch one. I thought the episode "Demon Unearthed" about Norman, Jennifer, and Andrew Rice, who bought a 19th century Victorian house in Garden Grove, Iowa, was interesting in some respects but fairly unbelievable--especially the part about having a dead body buried in the basement and doing nothing about it! Also that she would sell the house without mentioning it was haunted, go to ask if anything happened to the new owners, and then leave without following up because no one was home at the time! A quick Google search brought up this page with a string of comments which pretty well state all I would find to say.

lucascountyan.blogspot.com...

Looks like Jennifer really screwed up here and was caught red-handed!

Here is the paranormal group this fabricated story was concocted to promote. www.texpartparanormal.com... Let them know what you think!
edit on 5-12-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: Clarify--there are at least two such shows!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
this show is, in theory, based on a real event. In reality, its a bunch of nonsense.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'll say it's 30/70 since it's based on eye witness accounts. IMO, the best paranormal show is paranormal witness. They actually do the cream of the crop of the ghost stories. They also take some time to paid the folks to actually get them to sit down and re-tell the story as it happen to them. Even paranormal witness is like 30/70, all these shows like to embellish the events and stories to make for good tv drama and excitement. At least, these shows are better than paranormal state or ghost adventures, which is like 95 percent bull crap. They even been caught faking their own stuff. Which is pretty sad.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

Eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable even in reporting actual events. It's a ton worse when they make up most or all of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

Now they are just liars, scammers, and cheats. The core of spiritualism back in early 1900s was built on tricks, cons, and illusions. But don't get me wrong, it's easy to get one person to lie about something. But to get multiple eye witness some who would considered credible witness, like cops,nurses,etc that's kinda hard not to believe. Check out some of the stories on the paranormal witness show. Some of them are pretty wild, and hard to disprove and not disprove.

here's one to get you off. This one had multiple eyewitness accounts of supernatural events happening to them. Including two cops and prison warden.

The story
edit on 9-12-2014 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Yes, when you said that, I thought of "Rain Boy," said to have been one of the most-witnessed paranormal cases ever. Even that one has been questioned, as to why more documentation wasn't made of the strange events.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

There is a lot more, brother. Here is another one.

paranormal.about.com...

remember this photo was taken in the 20's, no Photoshop yet.
edit on 10-12-2014 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yeah, I've seen that before, and it's way kewl! Of course, photo manipulation was done, for instance in "spirit photographs," but if someone did this on purpose, well, the guy who developed the photo had a sick sense of humor pulling such a thing on his shipmates.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DZAG Wright

What do you mean by you saw 'astounding things' please? Intrigued.

top topics

join