It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible explanation for OBL death happening now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Presuming Osama wasn't dead already, actually existed etc. it seems pretty moronic to believe that the US didn't have the intel to get to him a long time ago; while the impending election could be the crux of this event - it may not be Osama's death itself that is the campaigning point.
What if, now that the US can loosely justify the war effort (and let's face it, the public seems appeased) perhaps an Obama campaign centred around a speedy withdrawal from the M/E (which would likely begin before the election) and some real economic reforms could be on the cards.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hah, Troop recall? Economic reform? What planet do you live on?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If it's a distraction, which i personally believe it to be, than it's bigger than the election.

Lol logman

edit on 2-5-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
too good to be true...

but I really hope you're right!

Could be Obama started getting scared about losing the left to Paul...

saw he had to take some action...

I really hope you're right...

edit on 2-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Sounds like you guys are pretty screwed unless you stop spending all that money killing people, regardless, he's only trying to get elected..
edit on 2-5-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

Commentators on Sky news (UK) are already hinting that Obama will use this to start to draw down troop numbers in afghanistan.
An announcement of that nature could do wonders for the coming elections IMO.

You could be onto something I think.
(Even though I think OBL has spent the best part of the last decade in a pentagon freezer,and was thawed out for today's event,and convienient sea funeral,so no one can ever tell how long he's been dead IMO.)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah when they announced his body had already been dropped into the ocean I screamed and threw my tea towel at the wall haha. I spent the next few hours trying to make sense of the situation and this seemed to fit best, just have to wait and see I guess.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

Hey,looks even more like you are on to something today.
What was it we were talking about again?
Oh,the quick exit from A'Stan that was it.

Debate within Obama administration over whether to speed up pullout of US troops, set to start this summer

www.guardian.co.uk... hanistan-us-troops

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Link is brokey

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My opinion resides in a new false flag event for big brother to watch over. My guess would be the nuke threat in either France, Italy, or London.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
If it's a distraction, which i personally believe it to be, than it's bigger than the election.

Lol logman

edit on 2-5-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

Hopefully, it isn't something that is expected to happen elsewhere and the troops are needed!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

I think the troops will probably be needed at home before too long; out of curiosity - are there enough troops/cops in the U.S. to curtail full scale riots across the country?

new topics

top topics

join