It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little help please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am not used to the software protocols on this board and I can't seem to find a tutorial. So I have a few questions I need answered so I can continue to be a productive member of ATS.

1 - I know what the P, F, and S along the left side of my posts stand for but the W and K elude me.

2 - In my profile I see a stat for ATS points. What does this stand for and how are the points awarded or deducted?

3 - Is there a tutorial anywhere on the site for using the external link tags? I have been an administrator on a site using UBB software and understand it quite well. But things on this site are enough different that a tutorial would be helpful.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

1 - I know what the P, F, and S along the left side of my posts stand for but the W and K elude me.

The W is for "Way Above Top Secret" or something like that. I forget what exactly that is though. Here is what the Way Above Top Secret page says about itself:

A hall of fame of the top-50 highest-flagged and often-starred contributing members on AboveTopSecret.com, displayed with a link their most-recently authored topic.

The K is for Karma. It's, as I remember, a ratio of posts to stars.

2 - In my profile I see a stat for ATS points. What does this stand for and how are the points awarded or deducted?

You get points from posting, stars, applauses, and thread flags. They're deducted when you use them at the ATS store (where you can change your avatar and so forth) or you get a warning.

3 - Is there a tutorial anywhere on the site for using the external link tags? I have been an administrator on a site using UBB software and understand it quite well. But things on this site are enough different that a tutorial would be helpful.

When you say exterjal link tags, do you mean this: [ ex]text here[/ ex] ? You would just use that if you're quoting something that isn't on ATS.

I hope that that helps you some!

edit on 2/5/2011 by octotom because: Added what WATS is.

edit on 2/5/2011 by octotom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That explains a lot. Thanx

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

That cleared up a few of my questions aswell!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
LOL, That cleared alot of mine up.
But is the K a good or bad thing hmmmm??

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Here's a guide to the BBcodes here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=450084

ETA:

Here's a damn good avatar tutorial:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And of course, here's the new improved ATS terms and conditions:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ed7ec80a446.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 7/13/11 by FortAnthem because:

top topics