It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
reply to post by EvolEric

The Fire Hose looks like it will really come in handy! I just bookmarked it. I don't think I ever would have found it on my own. Thanks again Eric!

your welcome!!

Stars... are given out...

In the introduction forum, you can't earn them...

but let's say for example... you create a really awesome thread... you earn a lot of flags..
but someone else comes in and adds something else really awesome to your thread...
that person cannot earn flags... but they can earn stars... stars are gave out by other members...
just like the flags are...

so basically if you be post good stuff... then it can/may be rewarded with stars

When the mod shows up... they will give you the links to the all this info...
but i figured i would share sooner

Also the avatar question...

a mod will give you this link as well... but i'll give it to you as well... read that thread, it tells you about the avatars

edit on 5/2/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Oh, okay. That makes sense about the stars. Also, how do you know if you got a reply from somebody on a topic that you commented on? Is there some kind of notification?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Oh, thank you! I will bookmark that page too for future reference. I know I better not rely on my memory for all of this.

Where does the mod come to? Right here or is there a special place where they come to the new people?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

Your welcome...

The mod will come here and reply...

but considering what time it is... and the work load they got with the Osama threads...
it might be a lil bit before they make it around

btw, the mods here are awesome! they been good to me
if your good, they are good in return

ok... since i havent noticed a mod going around the introduction forum... i figured i would go and find the mod greeting... its typically what they will say...

Note to Mods: I am not trying to do your job, i am only trying to be helpful to a new member, who is clearly ready for information! if i am violating anything, remind me... i'll move along nicely

Originally posted by Sauron

welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Oh, thanks! That will be really, really helpful. I hope you don't get in trouble for it.

Yes, I guess they must really be busy with the osama news. It was surprising to me to hear of it. It was out of the blue!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Oh, thanks! That will be really, really helpful. I hope you don't get in trouble for it.

Yes, I guess they must really be busy with the osama news. It was surprising to me to hear of it. It was out of the blue!

Hey no problem..
I wouldnt imagine I would get in trouble... but they got a rule against pretending to be staff... so i wanted to make it clear that i wasn't posing/pretending lol

yeah that whole Osama was odd...

there is a really good thread here

talking about the oddness of it...

anyways, i hope ATS works out for you!
I wish you well!
I'm gonna sulk around for a lil while before heading to bed... (4:15am here)

anyways peace, and goodnight... or good day to ya.... depending on what side of Earth your on.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Well thank you so much Eric. You have been really kind and helpful. It's about 1:30 am here and my eyes are closing. I think I am going to sleep now and try to get back on tomorrow and really look things over on this site when I am wide awake.

Take care and hope to see you around.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Hello, STW! You're very welcome here.

MiTS.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I look forward to becoming more saddened and educated once you reach your 20 posts and can begin making threads to enlighten us. Always speak your truth and you will be doing what you were called to be doing.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I look forward to becoming more saddened and educated once you reach your 20 posts and can begin making threads to enlighten us.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am anxious to get my 20 posts so I can explain my video in order to "enlighten" people on how I created the effects. Some people were right on while others were way off base. As far as me "enlightening" people on anything other than my own video, don't hold your breath.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

Thank you! This seems like a very friendly, informative, and interesting website. It is just a bit confusing for me at this time though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yay! You got your twentieth! I'll go look for your thread now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Well now I have to start my thread when I figure out how. LOL

How do you search for specific threads or users on here?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well now I have to start my thread when I figure out how. LOL

How do you search for specific threads or users on here?

It depends what your thread is about. There are lots of forums on here. If you go to the home page it lists them all. Just go to the one you think your post applies to and enter the forum.

Then you need to click the button that says "Create new thread" and you are up and running.

If you think you may have posted in the wrong forum just add a comment asking the Mods to move it to a more appropriate forum.

Enjoy ATS!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I'm new also, looking forward to spending some time here.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Thank you!

I made a thread but I am afraid it was short lived. I was trying to explain my YouTube UFO hoax video that somebody embedded on ATS. I thought it would be good to let the people know that made their guesses about it, who was right and who was wrong. I thought it could help with future UFO videos. Since that original thread containing my video was closed before I even got here, I started the new thread to explain it. Well my new one was closed because there was already one about it that was already closed. Even though my approach was different in that I was trying to explain my video I guess it was redundant? I don't know but oh, well, I tried. LOL

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chaosdh

Hi! I am finding this site is not that simple to understand the ins and outs of. But it does have some wonderful people and topics.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ah hang in there it takes a bit to navigate but once you start figuring things out it is the easiest site ever. One warning, things move in a very different fashion here, I mean there is sometimes a timewarp affect and you end up losing years without ever aging a day...

I have had threads come and go too, not to worry, if you really think you 'need' to explain, then contact a MOD and let them know what your thoughts are as they really are not the Gods and Goddesses some make them out to be and could help you out.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Aww Thank you for your support. It was kind of humorous because even on my own thread which explained that it was my video and that the 'UFO' was really a star, somebody still made the comment that they did not think it was a star, that it must be a plane. LOL I think a lot of people just believe what they want to believe and to heck with the facts! LOL

I am learning a lot on here though, it is quite different from other websites that I haunt. I think it will be fun and I will learn a lot from the you pros.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join