It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Melancholia" And "Another Other Earth" Two 2011 movies upcoming that depict Nibiru in a differ

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Are you saying you don't know how to use the USGS site? You wan't me to do your "homework" for you. Please, this is exactly why people like you who are so blind to change drag everyone else down with your ignorance.

If you wan't to blindly dismiss everyone who has different ideas and then attack there concerns and arguments at least learn how to research things and be informed of the situation.

I am all but certain you have 0 knowledge about the topic at hand or even about your own ideas and would need to spend an hour on Google before making an intelligent response. You simply drag around the board and force others into providing proof to the obvious when you, yourself, have none.

Please educate yourself on the things that you are speaking of and then come back and have a discussion about it without asking for links, if your well informed enough, the less links you need to display.......

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I am not denying the world hasnt changed, far from it. The world is much different from the tome I was born to the time my son was born. And it was much different from the time my father was born to the time I was. Same for him and his father. The world changes. I realize that prospect is terrifying, especially if you are of a chicken little mindset. But we have been through worse. And we survived. This is not whatever apocalypse you subscribe to. It is just change.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

It should be a very simple task to provide the direct link. In fact, less time than it would have taken to wrote that response. What is the problem? Why such hostility?

(I should add that I did misread your initial statement about the quakes as being the worst ever, instead of in a century as you said. Mea culpa.)
edit on 1-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
reply to post by Helious

It should be a very simple task to provide the direct link. In fact, less time than it would have taken to wrote that response. What is the problem? Why such hostility?

(I should add that I did misread your initial statement about the quakes as being the worst ever, instead of in a century as you said. Mea culpa.)
edit on 1-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

I simply am tired of people who wish to do no research themselves demanding evidence from those of us who have done exactly that.
The link you wanted

If you are not aware of the situation at hand, what responsibility do I or others have in holding your hand through all the facts when you are the ones pointing fingers and making claims? Why should we do any work for you? Why should we even care?

Here is one link, I can provide multiple others if need be, I can do this all day, I can provide link after link after link for anything that I post because I make it my business to be informed before I form an idea much less before I voice it, if only others would do the same.......

And this link is to a skeptic website, just to wet your lips haha!

edit on 1-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Oh i'm not looking for fantasy to Whet my appetite!

Though all the evidence suggests otherwise

let's roll reverse the video post you just embedded. On ATS there are thousands of videos FOR the evidence of catastrophies and intervention,

You mean those home made Youtube videos from scared and ignorant hacks with no qualifications?

but that vieo you posted does not touch me to sway to the regular convention of understanding. That is one guy talking there, doesn't wash with me buddy!

If you choose to reject reality and replace it with you own, that's cool... but I really am looking forward to 2012! Put in a pre-order now for humble pie because a lot of you are going to have to eat it if there isn't already a shortage of eggs that you will be wiping from your collective faces.

IRM

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
If you are not aware of the situation at hand, what responsibility do I or others have in holding your hand through all the facts when you are the ones pointing fingers and making claims?

Perhaps you are the one who needs someone holding your hand through all the facts. Your link does not support what you claim it does...

However, there's one problem with this theory: the graph does not show what it claims to show.

...the subheading on that webpage reads:"Selected earthquakes of general historic interest." This is not a full data set but one selected by the USGS as being of historic interest. The above graph is therefore an artefact of this selection process. To claim that there has been a huge increase in major earthquakes based solely upon this graph is therefore false.

So, has there been a spike up in major earthquakes over the last decade? No.

Has there been any increase in major earthquakes in recent history? Some during the 1990s, although the data I have only covers the last 30 years. The USGS, who hold all the data, say that major earthquakes have been fairly constant.
Your Source.

By the way, to quote you from an earlier post...

Originally posted by Helious
Are you saying you don't know how to use the USGS site? You wan't me to do your "homework" for you.

According to the USGS website...

Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant throughout this century and, according to our records, have actually seemed to decrease in recent years.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

It's interesting how the astronomer in Melancholia (Kiefer Sutherland) who is pretty much just like this NASA guy ends up killing himself when he realises he is wrong. Good film anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
just got done last night watching this movie OnDemand (comcast/Xfinity)...ending is MIND BLOWN ! it's kinda slow ..but, the ending totally blew me away, I wasn't expecting that at all..

Now I want to see the 2nd film .. !!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I saw both of these a couple of years back and really loved both.
Both films so different but both blend human drama and sci-fi seamlessly, in fact sci-fi is really in the background in both movies.
Really dream like, surreal and have amazing endings.
edit on 18-1-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why stop with those two?

Deep Impact and Armageddon.
The Day After Tomorrow and 2012.
White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen.

This is what Hollywood does... Topics they think can make money usually show up in pairs.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join