It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and disclosure.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It is now 832 days since President Obama came into office and the initial optimism of this being the term of disclosure has faded.

Are we really surprised when you watch the following clip.

There was so much hope to start off with.We heard sweeping statements of transparency.

I will never hide the truth because it’s uncomfortable. I will deal with Congress and the courts as co-equal branches of government. I will tell the American people what I know and don’t know, and when I release something publicly or keep something secret, I will tell you why.
– President Barack Obama, National Archives, May 21, 2009

Presidential orders were given on his first day in office for more openness but the results do not match the promises.This is despite the efforts of Stephen Bassett and a massive e-mail campaign.

The question is why?
Which of the following reasons.
A. The president has not got high enough security clearance to fulfill his promise.
B. He decided the information was to hot to handle.
C. There is nothing to tell.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Definately either A or B. Thats for sure.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

There is a hit Doobie Brothers song that fully describes anyone who thought the existence or non existence of ET's will be revealed during Obama's term Bahahahahahahaha! Laughing my head off at those who declared it would happen!
edit on 1-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Or

D) He hasn't announced yet, but will before end of term his term.

Which is what I think.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
C

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
obama doesnt know

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
C

Now thats what I call a minimal post

The president can huff and puff as much as he likes but he doesn't have the authority to see the "need to know" stuff for himself , yet alone get the goods released to the public , something Jimmy Carter discovered after he said he was going to release the stuff .

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think what you are expecting to be disclosed and what leaders in China thought he would disclose are two different things. China has recently gained something that America has supposedly had for a long time. Whether either country will do the right thing remains to be seen but they will eventually have to make it public.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So check the vid, look at his posture and behavior at the last words he said in the video.

'There might be some folks coming"

Am stoned or does he appear that a actually knew something as a senator?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
that was a good answer from obama. Anways, OBAMA WILL NEVER DISCLOSE,

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NE1911
I think what you are expecting to be disclosed and what leaders in China thought he would disclose are two different things. China has recently gained something that America has supposedly had for a long time. Whether either country will do the right thing remains to be seen but they will eventually have to make it public.

Could you go into more detail about what you know?

Just a little curious...Thats all..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think D is still the best answer. Pretty important Topic, there was a lot of hope that Obama would let the cat out of the bag. I clearly remember his acceptance speech where he hinted at new technologies a number of times and things of that nature in his speech.

Maybe with SETI shutting down, there will be a change in everything? There is a constant problem with funding, as you can see with NASA's Endeavor Mission getting delayed. BBC News Link

Maybe our current space technologies will get a total makeover and start using reverse engineered or man made anti gravity crafts.

Because as rumor has it, the US Government and other Governments around the world have ET technology and reversed engineered craft, or top secret man made anti-gravity technology, whatever the story goes.

Society might come to a point where NASA starts using that technology, and shuttle launches will be a thing of the past. We'll have High Definition 1080 footage of space travel sent back from the astronauts. Once we reach that point, hopefully alien contact will be made public.

I see disclosure happening that way, kinda, "We discover them...and they're safe..."

I'm just assuming NASA or some other space agency will make a revolutionary jump in their technology.

Wright Brothers Plane 1903
Apollo Moon Mission 1969
__________________ 2011

What is the ___________________ ??

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Anyone else find it kind of depressing that the questions are mainly laughed at by the audience, and it was treated with in a type of comedy manner? Maybe it's some type of defence mechanism, I just think it sucks the way it often has to have such an air of comedy surrounding it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As of the 60's and possibly earlier the Presidents of the U.S. are not fully disclosed on what the top brass of the military, the Army and Air Force, know about UFOs and extraterrestrial life. I know JFK and Clinton both tried and failed to get their hands on that type of information. The military spend their whole lives serving the country, the President on the other hand are only good for 4 to 8 years. There is absolutely no reason why they would reveal their ultra secret projects and information to someone like that. I mean they didn’t even reveal our stealth bomber programs to the President until they were ready for use.

Whatever it is that the people at the top of the pyramid know is well Above Top Secret and probably would change the way every person on Earth would view 'life.' I think they've uncovered far more evidence of ancient aliens than we currently know. They probably have well documented and recovered alien drone crafts. They have probably even received messages and made contact via operations like SETI and those have all been kept extremely confidential. I mean SETI protocol even calls for the higher-ups to takeover once any sort of foreign signals are retrieved before announcing they have been found. I can only imagine how many times this has happened and immediately hushed up.

So, my answer is A, he doesn't have the security clearance.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Nothing I can safely prove, but in a single word, overunity.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval
The question is why?
Which of the following reasons.
A. The president has not got high enough security clearance to fulfill his promise.
B. He decided the information was to hot to handle.
C. There is nothing to tell.

Or D. He was never going to in the first place, he never made any such promise or even hinted at it, and that the demagogues of Disclosure were deceiving you when they led you to believe Obama was going to or that you deceived yourself.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
President Obama said he wanted a "presumption against classification".

Obama declares end to government secrecy President Barack Obama boldly proclaimed recently that "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency." And then, adding substance to the rhetoric, the president took two important steps in the right direction. He repealed a 2001 executive order granting former presidents and vice presidents the ability to keep documents secret beyond the 12 years allowed by law, and rescinded a Bush administration directive encouraging agencies to withhold records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Or E Obama was going to Disclose but then the problem of Afganistan came up and he has been up to his eyes in overseas wars ever since and so his plans for Disclourse have been shelved for now...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh God people. Neither Obama or any other president/govt. entity will ever disclose anything about our involvement with UFO's!

Why should they? All they have to do is sit there in silence pretending it doesnt exist while we all run around in circles trying to find out when its going to happen. Thats their whole game.

Of course Im sure no one will believe it and think that we actually have a right to know...which we probably do but does that mean we ever will?

I dont know it just seems disclosure isnt even necessary anymore. All the proof we need is already here.

The saddest part about this whole thing is when I hear people online or on the streets say things like "I'll believe in Aliens when the govt. finally admits they're real". Right... because we really need to govt. to tell us something is real to make it so. Ugh. This whole disclosure thing is getting ridiculous. What do I know anyway.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Obama is about to make an extremely unusual statement about National Security at 10:40 et. maybe it's about disclosure and everything I said was wrong. Cross your fingers for aliens :p

top topics

<<   2 >>

join