It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recurring dreaming i'm underwater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
for the past week i've been dreaming i'm underwater and I can see clearly, but i'm not breathing.and i'm not drowning either. I just sit underwater observing everything while life floats by. the dream ends when I realize I "can see" and it becomes almost overwhelming. what does this mean if anything?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It means you are being overcome with difficulties and feel submerged in your problems. You are in over your head emotionally and need to gain some control. You are trying to regress back into the womb and hide from these problems.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
It means you are being overcome with difficulties and feel submerged in your problems. You are in over your head emotionally and need to gain some control. You are trying to regress back into the womb and hide from these problems.

straight from dream interpretations off google lol. is this literally it? some psychologist figured it out?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I occasionaly had dreams when I was a kid about being in a tub of water and going under. I was afraid. But when I went under, I could breath and the fear went away.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Ultraman2011

straight from dream interpretations off google lol. is this literally it? some psychologist figured it out?

That's the literal psych 101 reason. I have tried to interpret my own dreams and realize that sometimes I have to look at my own life/situation and try to see how it fits in and what it is trying to tell me. That is probably the best way, to be honest. You would need to look at your life situation and see if their is some symbolic message that is being imaged to you that reflects your problem.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've had virtually exactly the same dream experience after i took up a bit of meditation in my early 20's. Initialy it was a bit scary but there would always come a point in the dream where i'd get used to it and then have some fun. The dream would end when i realised i was dreaming. I always found it quite a positive experience - Just your subconcious and concious minds meeting up and doing a bit of rebalancing - nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Just a quick question - do your dreams start out on moutains or hillsides then end up in the water ? thats how mine used to go.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

There seems to be a lot of people having water dreams,myself I have reoccurring tsunami dreams,maybe it means something and maybe not...I hope not anyway!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i have sleep apnoea thats why i dream i am drowning if i don't wear my mask!

maybe your nasal passages are blocked, hence you dream you are drowning!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Maybe it means your a child of Poseidon/Neptune God of the Sea!!

My recurring dreams are always of having to escape from various places and every time I almost make it out I end up back where I started from. Usually the same people are in it. The location changes though. Theres an abandoned factory, An apartment building, a farm and a blue house in the middle of some woods. It's really weird.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Just a quick question - do your dreams start out on moutains or hillsides then end up in the water ? thats how mine used to go.

no the dream literally starts off where i'm sitting in the water and I open my eyes. i'm not touching the floor and i'm like a foot or two below the surface. and i'm not drowning. i'm just not breathing either. the water is clear, the seafloor is green/blue and the sky looks greenish. I can see clearly which always surprises me since I can remember being a kid and not being able to see underwater in reality. only recently have I been able to, I tried in the shower and it didn't bother me as much as it used to. i've had this dream about 4 times in the past week. the only variant was I dove into the water the first time off a rock. but I don't know where that rock was, and the weirdest part is I have never dove in my life because my ears can't handle it. I can't go upside down underwater
edit on 1-5-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join