It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caped Oil Wells In TN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I was talking to my step Grandfather today and we were Talking about Politics and the Oil Crisis .....And he said **oil Crisis Hell!!!**There are Capped off Oil wells right down here in the Bottoms**swamp Land** he said he has been down in to the Swamp land hunting and Fishing and seen the Caps on the Oil wells ** that said do not touch per FEDERAL GOVERNMENT**My step grandfather feels that we have Plenty of oil and that on top of thses oil wells he said there are oil wells in OH that only pump Oil once a week......Does any one else have any Info on this MODS if this is in the wrong lace I am Sorry I was not really sure were to put it...If anyone has any more info on this Post it Please

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They may have been caped because they went dry some time ago.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is a VERY Rual UNDERDEVELOPED area.........I have seen no Evidence of Any pumping in this area what so ever....not even and Sites that would really mark them other than the CAPS.....My question is are we sitting on more Oil than the government is telling us about....in order to prop up some government agenda in the Middle east?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Anytime a well does not produce to a level that covers the cost to produce, it is capped. It is either a temporary plug, or a P&A (Plug and Abandon).

If you don't understand the operational aspects of an industry, it is probably best advised to go learn of them first before jumping to the conclusion that some conspiracy is afoot. The only conspiracy here is whether the owner of the well is willing to produce at a level that will MAKE him money or LOSE him money.

It's about that simple

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thanks VAL I was just Curious........I was wondering if thses might be our much Vaunted...Reserve

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You want to be amazed look up a oil well map of the states you go bugge .
There littlery thousands of wells in almost every state in the union.
Back in the 70des it became chepper to import oil then to use our own pumps so they started capping them . The US befor 1960 Was the worlds Largest exporter of OIL .But between the rises in inflation and envermential groups most wells have been caped.
My gess is even With our Larger use of oil nowa days we could easly pump enough oil to supply our needs . After all alaska is only at 25 % out put compaired to what they could pump and drill add in texas and the gulf you have Lots of oil wells Hundreds. Possibly a thousand in just thoes two states . Get every possible well drilled and going in our teratory and were talking Billions of barrols.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This Had no link so I will Post if found it on one of my other Boards....My friend said it was a Little Dated But Relevent:

Interesting read, a little dated, but interesting.:

Uncap Domestic Oil and End Foreign Dependence

Boulder, CO � The newly formed America First Party encourages the elimination of dependence on foreign oil. Interim Chair Dan Charles said, "We need an energy policy that creates energy independence, good paying jobs, and lowers costs for American families. The events of 9/11 should be a wake-up call to all Americans. We cannot continue to place our trust in OPEC for the oil that keeps our country running smoothly."

The "Energy Policy Act of 2002" that is currently before a congressional conference committee would be a first step toward ending US dependence on oil from other countries. This bill has specific provisions promoting the production of oil from so-called marginal oil wells located in the lower 48 states and Alaska.

"Uncapping the existing wells in the National Petroleum Reserve including Gull Island, would allow us to produce another 1.5 million barrels per day of environmentally friendly low-sulfur oil, without touching ANWR. If the 7-day/$15 per barrel price support provision is included, we can protect our industry from OPEC's predatory pricing practices," continued Mr. Charles.

Two additional provisions in the bill are important to improve domestic energy industry competitiveness. Elimination of the 1,095 barrel per well per year restriction will return these wells into profitable production. We also seek the elimination of an unnecessary regulation that requires that 95% of the discharge from wells be water.

John Pittman Hey, Secretary of the America First Party, said: "Our domestic oil production is competing with countries that do not have such restrictive provisions-putting us at a great disadvantage. Increased oil production within the United States would also stimulate the growth of peripheral industries such as pipelines and refineries. The Democrats and Republicans who oppose these provisions have lost sight of what is best for America."

Mr. Charles further stated: "There are thousands of unused capped and mapped wells which could bring needed oil to our refineries and gas stations within weeks. Increased independence from foreign oil and expansion of our domestic oil industry would remove us from the grip of unstable and hostile governments. The economic expansion that results would fuel our long term strategy to develop alternative energy sources and improve energy conservation."
Contacts:
Dan Charles Interim Chair/Treasurer (303) 449-0258
Romelle Winters Press Secretary (662) 453-8412

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

My step grandfather feels that we have Plenty of oil and that on top of thses oil wells he said there are oil wells in OH that only pump Oil once a week

Wrong again, these "oil wells" that pump once a week are natural gas wells and they're scattered all over central/southern Ohio.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
You want to be amazed look up a oil well map of the states you go bugge .
There littlery thousands of wells in almost every state in the union.
Back in the 70des it became chepper to import oil then to use our own pumps so they started capping them . The US befor 1960 Was the worlds Largest exporter of OIL .

Where do you get your figures from?
Check the eia.doe.go site.
They show US total crude oil exports in 1960 were 8,000 barrels per day.
www.eia.doe.gov...

US crude oil imports in that same time were 1,015,000 barrels per day.
www.eia.doe.gov...

I'm pretty sure other nations were exporting more than 8 thousand barrels per day.

But between the rises in inflation and envermential groups most wells have been caped.

Or the wells just aren't producing enough to keep worrying about them.

" The United States has approximately 600,000 oil wells in operation today. Nearly 500,000 of those wells produce less than three barrels per day - making our oil the most cost-sensitive and price-sensitive in the world. (Compare this to Saudi Arabia where the average oil well produces more than 5,000 barrels of oil per day.)"
www.anwr.org...

My gess is even With our Larger use of oil nowa days we could easly pump enough oil to supply our needs . After all alaska is only at 25 % out put compaired to what they could pump and drill add in texas and the gulf you have Lots of oil wells Hundreds. Possibly a thousand in just thoes two states . Get every possible well drilled and going in our teratory and were talking Billions of barrols.

They're drilling lots of new wells every year in the US.
It's still not enough oil to meet demand.

Even if they tap ANWR, that's only 1 - 1.5 million barrels per day.
Not enough to eliminate reliance on foreign oil.

top topics

join